Natgeo Wild

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Well, now he probably will. Come on.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I hope he does, as it'll help establish exactly what flavour of moron we're dealing with and I can carry on without any regret.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

If someone is over 70 years of age they should not be removing over half their stomach of so-called "precursor" to cancer, not cancer. A doctor who recommends such a surgery is trying to make money.

Cancer does not progress that fast in old people. Old people will outlive the cancer.

If you're over 70 and you have stage 0, not even stage 0 but so called precursor to cancer, and your doctor wants to remove 60% of your stomach, he's just trying to make bank.

If you're over 70, you'll outlive the cancer because it progresses very slowly when you're old. Just leave it alone and live your life. You'll die of old age before you'll die of cancer.

The catastrophic scenario you're describing applies to young people or middle-aged where cancer progression is faster in kids.

An old person who has 60% of his stomach removed is doing in an hour what it would have taken the cancer 20-30 years to do.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Well you didn't say anything about over 70s, so it's a bit late to be forcing that into the discussion now to try and justify your shit opinions.

Oh just **** off.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Cancer surgery is for young animals:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7bmQ/st-jude-ch ... ing-cancer

Say no to Medicare fraud.
Sades

Post by Sades »

dura: Incoming PM. Thread closed, please do not start another unless there's going to be some actual give-and-take, non-incendiary conversation in it (outside of the timeframe set in the PM).
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!