Can anyone recommend a video editor?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Clay

Can anyone recommend a video editor?

Post by Clay »

I'm wanting to make a video essay, but I need some software recommendations. I've tried a thing called OpenShot, which is open-source freeware, but I need something slightly more robust. Supposedly it has the option to generate audio wave-form visualizations from video files (like in audacity or soundforge for sound editing), but nothing happens for me. It'd greatly help with the precision of the edits, which I need.

I'm not after a bunch of fancy effects, but multiple audio channels, side-by-side video panels, and simple text on screen would all be desirable.
Denyer

Re: Can anyone recommend a video editor?

Post by Denyer »

Generate waveforms, or show the waveform of the audio in the clip(s)?

https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... Audio_Wave ?
Clay

Re: Can anyone recommend a video editor?

Post by Clay »

Generate waveforms inside the editor so that I have like-data to sync audio and video edits. I played around with it more this morning and seem to have gotten it working as intended. Not sure what I or the program or the computer wasn't doing right the first time.

Well, this works for now. I suppose I really just need to sit down and make myself learn the program as it seems to be able to do the basic stuff I need, but I'll still take advice from anyone that does this regularly. :)
Attachments
example2.jpg
example2.jpg (202.61 KiB) Viewed 4491 times