Which is better WWE RAW or Smackdown?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Which show WWE show is better?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:34 pm

WWE Raw is the best!
50%
Smackdown! is better
38%
They both suck major ass
13%

Total votes: 24

Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Smackdown is better, the level of the actual wrestling is much better and a lot of the better workers are there.

If WWE would just fire Braian Gerwirtz (the raw writer) we might see some improvements. As for the necrophilia angle, McMahon wants it to continue despite the the bad reaction from the wrestlers and the staff. Mick Foley even pulled himself from an appearance on Byte This! in New York because of the angle.
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Wow, how times can change so quickly. Two months ago, I voted for RAW, but today it's Smackdown! by a mile. I guess it's just cuz of the breakdown of high-profile people:

Smackdown!:
Rey Mysterio
Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle
The Big Slow...I mean Show
Edge
Christian
Undertaker

RAW:
Triple H
Chris Jericho
Kane
The Hurricane
Booker T
Goldust
Jeff Hardy

Wait a tick...there actually are a lot of quality people on RAW...why in the hell is it so damn awful?!
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
Wow, how times can change so quickly. Two months ago, I voted for RAW, but today it's Smackdown! by a mile. I guess it's just cuz of the breakdown of high-profile people:

Smackdown!:
Rey Mysterio
Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle
The Big Slow...I mean Show
Edge
Christian
Undertaker

RAW:
Triple H
Chris Jericho
Kane
The Hurricane
Booker T
Goldust
Jeff Hardy

Wait a tick...there actually are a lot of quality people on RAW...why in the hell is it so damn awful?!

though art missing RVD on your list of Raw guys?
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

And Lensar on SD?
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

uh...you missed..HBK?.......nevermind.

and All i know is this about whats good in the shows

RAW=storylines
Smackdown!=wrestling

if you combine them in a PPV you may get big ratings...or just fair.

But I still wish I had RAW here on my TV
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Extreme_Kup
But I still wish I had RAW here on my TV

Ya, but its not really worth watching... :/
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

Yeah..but how ever crappy that show is I JUST GOTTA HAVE IT!!! I WANNA SEE HBK ON MY TV!!!!! :( Oh well I'll just try to find a way to get TNN here on my country or find a tv chanel in asia that airs RAW and try to get it on my TV

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I agree with Triple H if you don't the "necophila" storyline (btw it was store dummy) tough!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

We might not get more necrophilia angle since the WWE's ratings for RAW dropped 3 weeks in a row.
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
I agree with Triple H if you don't the "necophila" storyline (btw it was store dummy) tough!

Yeah, that attitude will get you far in the world of television. If fans don't like the storyline, they won't watch. If people don't watch the television program, ratings sink. If ratings sink, companies pull their advertisements. If ads are pulled, the WWE loses money. See the connection?

I watched Smackdown! last night, and I must say that the state of wrestling is bad, but not as bad as people make it out to be. The Kurt Angle/Eddie Guerrero match was very very good despite a weak ending that featured the most feeble series of title belt shots in recorded history. Thank you, Chris Benoit. In any event, Brock/Rey was disappointing; you knew The Big Slow was gonna get involved, but I expected to see a little more Rey Rey before that went down. Still, they've built up The Big Slow as a threat fairly effectively, even though we know there's no way a guy misses three straight PPV's, then picks up the World Title on his first one back, especially against a guy they've pushed as hard as Brock has been pushed.

QQ: Who are the RAW tag team champions? Angle & Benoit would be an impossible team to beat against any team on either show, but on just Smackdown!? They should have the belts forever...
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
QQ: Who are the RAW tag team champions? Angle & Benoit would be an impossible team to beat against any team on either show, but on just Smackdown!? They should have the belts forever...

Chris Jechico and Christan are the World Tag-Team Champions on
Raw.
Benoit and Angle the greatest Tag-team?
:eyebrow: :glance: :confused:
Didn't these two screw each other in their single matches and beat each other up at Halloween Party?
Although that kiss between Eric and Steph was quite an intresting
idea though!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

I have very good reasons I wanna have RAW

1. HBK is there
2. The last time I saw RVD on TV was when ECW invaded the WWF on Monday Night RAW at 1997 and never since, unless you count the summer slam comercial when he was in it.
3. Kane!! KANE!!! I WANT TO SEE KANE!!!
4. The Hurricane is there already, I want to watch the Hurricane dammit!
5. Ric Flair is there
6. Triple H is there
7. The odd Couple Booker and Goldust are there and there hillarious and I wanna see them
8. Star Sports will pay for not showing WWE anymore!!! :mad:

-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

I can't believe anyone would vote for Raw. Raw has my favorite wrestlers RVD and Booker T but the storyline sux major ass. That Necrophile angle with HHH and Kane just reaffirms how crap the writers can be (and how stupid Vince for allowing it). HBK and Scott Steiner will be of some help but overall the talents just don't measure to Smackdown. Eddie, Rey, Edge, Benoit, and Angle are the best talents in the company right now and they are all part of Smackdown brand. Hopefully something can be done about Raw or the rating will continue to plummet.