[Original RPG] Big Game - Need Big Help!

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
GBot08
Protoform

Big Game - Need Big Help!

Post by GBot08 »

Hello there, y'all. Name's GBot. Was browsing 'round and came upon your Transformers game. I've been looking through a lot of the history and background, and it sounds pretty intense. I have a lot of interest in playing, but I'm still a bit confused where to start.

Here's my most nagging question; what has currently been going on in the game, assuming the history of the game has changed from its most recent entry?

That's about all I really have to say for now, while I still look around and ponder which characters are available to play. I hope that nobody mines my attempt to get in on the action and look forward to playing with you all. Thanks in advance.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The summary hasn't been updated for a while now, so I'll give you a rundown of what's going on right now.

All three of the major factions have recently had run-ins with forces from the Cybertronian Empire. The Autobots (based in Iacon) have discovered that a pair of brainwashed assassins sent to kill Optimus Prime were under Imperial control. Smokescreen and his intelligence division are trying to free the assassins from their mind control, while Prowl coordinates a military buildup to prepare for another, bigger attack. Meanwhile, elite units like the Dinobots and the Wreckers are on high alert ready to fend off any more attackers. The majority of Autobot society, however, is preoccupied with the upcoming election that will determine who is in charge of their civilian government.

Megatron's Decepticons are still reeling from an all-out Imperial assault on their fortress of Darkmount, which caused severe damage throughout the city. With Megatron off leading an ill-advised invasion of Kaon and Astrotrain devoting all of his time to trying to put an end to the Decepticons' civil war, command of the city has fallen to Soundwave. Like the jackbooted fascist that he is, he's got the Insecticons carrying out a witch-hunt for traitors, Imperial spies and every other type of subversive they can think of.

Over in Crystal City, Gigatron's Decepticons are busily debating how to handle two different problems: Megatron and the Imperials. A unit led by Cyclonus was recently defeated by Thunderwing while on a quest to recapture the Decepticon Matrix. With the artifact in Thunderwing's hands and Thunderwing working for the Imperials, they realize it's only a matter of time before a larger attack is mounted, but they can't decide who is a more immediate threat, Thunderwing or Megatron.

Of course, none of the different factions are talking to each other, so none of them realize just how dire and immediate the threat really is.

Meanwhile, in Protihex, a city that was supposed to be a place for peaceful coexistence had been transformed into a war zone as Autobots, a unit of Gigatron's Decepticons and Onslaught's Combaticon militia try to stamp out the Space Mafia once and for all.

I hope that answers at least a few of your questions. If you'd like to know anything else, just ask.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

A group of Autobots led by Blaster is trying to cope with the aftermath of a prison break in Altihex as well, but I'm not sure what's happening there...

Which characters do you want to play? :D
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

ZOMG
GBot08
Protoform

Post by GBot08 »

Whoa... head rush.

I supposes that answers the basic questions about the plot... although for some reason I didn't find the section about the election.

As far as characters, I'm not all that picky. Considering how new I am to this particular game, I think I'd like to take a character or two that hasn't seen a lot of action. Although, candidly, I do like playing Micromasters in G1 games like this.

If I were to indulge in a guilty desire, I liked reading about the Combaticons, and I'd like to figure out how to get in on the faction.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The election sub-plot is in the Iacon thread. At the moment, Sundor and Hot Rod are the leading candidates.

There was also one in the Protihex thread. That one has already wrapped up. Groove won (his opponent was Shockwave) and is now the governor of Protihex.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

GBot08 wrote:If I were to indulge in a guilty desire, I liked reading about the Combaticons, and I'd like to figure out how to get in on the faction.
Last I remember, some of the Combaticons are idling without players. Krok and Charger, I believe... and the rest of the original Combaticons. You'll have to ask the RPG mods about that, though. :)

Welcome aboard.

Wait, Groove won? When was this?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:Last I remember, some of the Combaticons are idling without players. Krok and Charger, I believe... and the rest of the original Combaticons.
I think Blast Off and Brawl wandered off somewhere else (although they could come back) but Vortex is definitely still a part of the team. Swindle too (I'd be willing to part with him if someone else is going to give him more attention than I can).

I've also tried to imply that there more Combaticons (both ex-Autobots and ex-Decepticons) around who haven't been named, so if anyone wants to add a member to the team, we can just say that they've been there all along. :)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hmmm... didn't Blast Off's last player brought him to Polyhex and messed the whole Starscream/Bomb-Burst fight up?

I might or might not remember correctly, but I think he's still in Darkmount, after busting out of jail and being dragged to the medbay. Or something.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That sounds right. Didn't Glit harvest his transformation cog for the Constructicons?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:That sounds right. Didn't Glit harvest his transformation cog for the Constructicons?
Yup, him and Bombshell's. Didn't grimkuz (correct me if I'm wrong) play him for a bit after that, though? Re-establish his status quo and had him apologize?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That's a good question. I actually can't remember. I know he said he was interested in playing him, but I'm not 100% sure that he ever did.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

-twaddles to the archives-

-twaddles out of the archives-

Yup, he did post with Blast Off. Here goes...

On page 36
grimkuz wrote:brig

blast off started thinking " this is it man, the ned, im going to be torn apart thrown out with no one to care, when they come for me im doing anythingi n my will to get outta here!" blast off looked around for a weapon to defend himself with, as the other decepticons were talking amongst themselves, blackout saw the arm of a decapitated old decepticon, "Excellent!" he thought to himself " i can use the spare parts and small energon from the one part to make a distraction bomb!, then i can make a run for it when they are temporarily blinded!"

looking up at skyjack he noticed that he was talking to ramjet, and looking around he noticed that no one else was paying attention so he got to work, after a few minutes he had a faulty butsomething that would give him a good enough amounto f time to make a run for it and get out of prison "its a long shot but it will work" he reasured himself, "now i just got to remember where the back entry to this place was
On page 37
grimkuz wrote:brig
POOSH! The bomb smashed causing smoke to fill the whole room, YES now to escape!then his vision started getting blurry, as the enrgon bars disinticrated he collapsed maybe it wqas too powerful blast off thought to himself " LISTEN IF ANYONE CAN HEAR THIS,IM SURRENDERING, TAKE MY COG IF YOU MUST BUT LEAVE ME AS A BOT WHOM CAN ATLEAST MAKE RIGHT WHAT HE HAS DONE, THATS ALL I WANT!" he yelled into the empty gas space, and then he collapsed.
So Starfall dragged Blast Off into the medbay and left him there. And in the chaos that followed, I think we all forgot about him...
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Blackjack wrote:A group of Autobots led by Blaster is trying to cope with the aftermath of a prison break in Altihex as well, but I'm not sure what's happening there...

Which characters do you want to play? :D
Jazz actually, but Blaster is there too :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Springer85 wrote:Jazz actually, but Blaster is there too :p
But the original guy assigned to bring a team there was Blaster, Jazz arrived later! :) but to the 'cons, it won't make much difference...

Bombshell: "A fat load a' good that did them! I escaped! Mwahahaha!" -displays bandana with 'I escaped from Altihex prison-

Repugnus: -snorts- "You're not the only one, Insecticon. And besides... you had your 'Con buddies to thank."

Bombshell: -hugs Shrapnel-

Shrapnel: -pushes Bombshell aside- "Hey, you two idiots, idiots... at least Misfire and I escaped! Single-handedly! Without outer help, help!"

Misfire: "Mostly because our player is a noob who couldn't be arsed to check up on histories before he writes in..."

Shrapnel: "So? That's what retcons are for, for."

Misfire: -facepalm-
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Blackjack wrote:So Starfall dragged Blast Off into the medbay and left him there. And in the chaos that followed, I think we all forgot about him...
Ye gods and little boarlets - I forgot about him, too.

Hook - looking around - "What the... I get all het up fixing Starscream hem-hem a new body and trying to download info from a brainwashed Imperial - thank you, Soundwave, oh slagslagslag - and then there is Blast Off, too! Where is Glit with that energon wine; I need some..."

I'll bring in Blast Off at some point soon, then. Go to stick him in CR - and anyone who wants to play him can either wait for that to end or pick him up prior and refuse CR... :wave:
GBot08
Protoform

Post by GBot08 »

Alright, I think I've got a better idea of what I want to do now, and probably will be sending out messages to the Mods about applying for some certain characters. Thanks again, guys, you were a big help.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Welcome aboard, GBot! Always nice to see a new player! :)
Clogs wrote:Ye gods and little boarlets - I forgot about him, too.
Yup, nice to see I'm not the only one. Query I forgot after half a year... at least he got some purpose now after his death. Shrappers got a nice moment, while someone gets another benefit... ;)
Hook - looking around - "What the... I get all het up fixing Starscream hem-hem a new body and trying to download info from a brainwashed Imperial - thank you, Soundwave, oh slagslagslag - and then there is Blast Off, too! Where is Glit with that energon wine; I need some..."
Tinker: "And they had to go and transfer me." -blows raspberry- "Your fault for being the chief surgeon!"