[New RPG] Special Teams.

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Brave Maximus

Special Teams.

Post by Brave Maximus »

Hey all :)

We talked, when the RPG first started to get going, about special teams. The idea of a group of TF's who are sent out on missions based on their unique specializations.

Having talked this over with Warcry, I'm starting up 2 (ok, well 1 atm, 1 more when we get down to Earth).

So:

Fortress Maximus wants YOU!
This is a team of TF's who's job is to rescue wounded soldiers and perform rear-guard military action. They are not front-line combat troops - but instead special forces who's job is to make sure everyone gets home safe and that the civilians are evacuated. Their home base (surprise, surprise) is the Maximus Class Battleship under the command of Fortress.

And, just to make their lives interesting, Fortress Maximus despises Prowl and Sentinel.

Earth:

Ginrai's Black Ops Team. Looking for a few good Autobots with limited Moral Compunctions about terminating Decepticon Sparks or destroying their tactical assets. The enemy does not need to be in combat for them to be subject to... removal if they pose a problem or get in the way (or happen to be in a base that's about to explode). They will not hurt civilians or non-combatants... but if you wear a Purple logo... you're fair game.

If either of these groups interest you, let me know :D - I'm hoping to get going with Fort Max in the very near future.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Ratchet may be joining Max...
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Brave Maximus wrote:Earth:

Ginrai's Black Ops Team. Looking for a few good Autobots with limited Moral Compunctions about terminating Decepticon Sparks or destroying their tactical assets. The enemy does not need to be in combat for them to be subject to... removal if they pose a problem or get in the way (or happen to be in a base that's about to explode). They will not hurt civilians or non-combatants... but if you wear a Purple logo... you're fair game.

If either of these groups interest you, let me know :D - I'm hoping to get going with Fort Max in the very near future.
There's actually already a Black Ops team in the works. Blackjack and I have slowely been laying the ground work for it too. :)

Fortress Maximus wants YOU!
This is a team of TF's who's job is to rescue wounded soldiers and perform rear-guard military action. They are not front-line combat troops - but instead special forces who's job is to make sure everyone gets home safe and that the civilians are evacuated. Their home base (surprise, surprise) is the Maximus Class Battleship under the command of Fortress.
Wheeljack might join the ranks. He's not a front-line fighter. It'll depend on how the storyline progresses though.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prowl wants YOU

For a Black Ops Team. Guaranteed moral compunctions, off-the-book missions and disowning if discovered.

If interested, apply to Jazz this evening in room L101. Your attendance will be appreciated.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

;) not sure Ginrai's going to be too wanted atm....

but on Earth, Firetruck of DEATH!!!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Ulcrain wrote:Ratchet may be joining Max...
If "Incision" makes it to Earth as an Autobot he'll join Fort Max's team as well.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

If Ratchet is going to join Fort Max, I want him to do it out of disgust of Prowl's actions, such as him useing Smokescreen to use Ginrai.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Oh, I like the idea of joining these special teams, particularly the Black Ops one. I've always wanted to play Getaway and this looks like a great way of introducing him into the game. Repugnus, too, I might as well say.

Maybe I should drop a few Combaticons (just keep Vortex, perhaps?) to make room for those guys...

Ugh. Choosing characters is the hardest part of the game. Well, for me it is. lol
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Like I said via PM, Smokescreen will spend at least some of his time following Ginrai around and psychoanalyzing him, so you can expect him to hang out with that team at least some of the time.
Shine wrote:Ugh. Choosing characters is the hardest part of the game. Well, for me it is. lol
Me too. I could fill two or three more rosters with characters I want to play but don't have room for. Skydive, Spinister, Trypticon, Bluestreak, Hubcap, Bulkhead, Cosmos, Shockwave, Chop Shop, Lightspeed, Hardhead, Searchlight, Grotusque, Guzzle, Getaway, Sparkstalker, Beast Wars Silverbolt, Waspinator and Sky Shadow, Dai Atlas, Goldbug...more too that don't come to mind right now, I'm sure.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Warcry wrote:Me too. I could fill two or three more rosters with characters I want to play but don't have room for. Skydive, Spinister, Trypticon, Bluestreak, Hubcap, Bulkhead, Cosmos, Shockwave, Chop Shop, Lightspeed, Hardhead, Searchlight, Grotusque, Guzzle, Getaway, Sparkstalker, Beast Wars Silverbolt, Waspinator and Sky Shadow, Dai Atlas, Goldbug...more too that don't come to mind right now, I'm sure.
The only thing I have going for me in that respect is that I'm looking at the same pool of characters. It isn't the biggest one, which is good, but by golly it is hard to pick!

Out of that list of yours, Warcry, I'd like to see Chop Shop, Skydive and Sparkstalker. Yeah... You should definitely take one of them. ;P
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Blackjack wrote:Prowl wants YOU

For a Black Ops Team. Guaranteed moral compunctions, off-the-book missions and disowning if discovered.

If interested, apply to Jazz this evening in room L101. Your attendance will be appreciated.
Prowl and Jazz doing the interviews... Should be fun :)
If Ratchet is going to join Fort Max, I want him to do it out of disgust of Prowl's actions, such as him useing Smokescreen to use Ginrai.
I doubt Prowl is going to share his motivations with Ratchet, let alone anybody for that matter and so far, my impression of Smokescreen is that he is only interested in him.

Brave Max: Fort Max's team still operates under the Prime right? Or do you intent to create a seperate faction of Autobots that doesn't answer to the Prime?
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prowl isn't using Smokescreen to use Ginrai... Ginrai, Prowl thinks he's unstable and won't think of using him... yet. Until he's spoken personally to Ginrai, anyway. Using Smokescreen to use Omega Supreme, on the other hand...

@Brave: ready for Project M? After the conversation about Omega Supreme and the interrogation with Ginrai, Prowl will be contacting you-know-who.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Yup, I just need to finish off some profiles.

Then we can start the Project M bit.

I'll send you a PM in a bit, just to finalize details?

I'll also move Ginrai into the cellblock today.

Anything else I need to do?
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Answer my question? :p
Aspiring DJ!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Nah, not going to do that... that's just silly!!!

Yes, Fort Max's team will still be part of the Autobot command system. That being said... He doesn't like Sentinel or Prowl... so he has no issues telling them to shove it up their... exaust ports...
They'll operate with a certian level of Autonomy - but with a high level of dedication - they go into the worst areas to get Autobots home safe.
Shine

Post by Shine »

I don't know why I didn't reply to this part the other day, so I better do it now. Otherwise I might have another dumb moment and forget...
Brave Maximus wrote:Fortress Maximus wants YOU!
This sounds like it would be right up Hot Spot's alley. There seems to be a perfect mix of action and search and rescue tasks befitting his character.

If it's possible, can Hot Spot be included in Fort Max's team?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Of course: Actually need some combat soldiers :D
So far for Fort's team:
Fortress Maximus
Ratchet
Wheeljack
Hot Spot
I'd love one or two heavy combat guys to fill out the ranks
I don't want to pull Hytherion into it, if I don't have to.

Lady Quick Switch wrote:If "Incision" makes it to Earth as an Autobot he'll join Fort Max's team as well.
Forts team will be most active on Cybertron (at least with Fortress) - so s/he's more than welcome to join in LQS.

On Earth, Fort won't be too active himself, so it'll be up to the team to do the rescuing...
Shine

Post by Shine »

Brave Maximus wrote:Of course: Actually need some combat soldiers :D
So far for Fort's team:
Fortress Maximus
Ratchet
Wheeljack
Hot Spot
I'd love one or two heavy combat guys to fill out the ranks
I don't want to pull Hytherion into it, if I don't have to.
Great. :)

If it helps any, Getaway's a 'Bot I've been toying around with. I'd say he'd make an excellent addition to Fort Max's team.

EDIT: ScreamerFan's playing Blades and Streewise. And since we have the Protectobots (well, a few of them) in the game, I'm sure he'd like to add his two to Max's team. But I haven't seen him around for a little while.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh, Prowl will be able to play situations so Fortress Maximus will not have a choice but to protect innocents and stuff like that. He's a bastard that way.

And if Fort Max steps out of line? That's why Prowl has Jazz, Rapido and the Black Ops team.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Oh - I'm counting on Fort Max getting tricked into doing some stuff he never would normally.

I'm not sure that Jazz would relish the idea of taking on such a... challenge ;-)