[New RPG] A question that I've been pondering

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Selkadoom

A question that I've been pondering

Post by Selkadoom »

So sinceee my return to here and the to resuming my interaction with the RPG, theres a little question I've been curious about in regards to adding a char I like into the fray, and was wondering if it would be possible to bring Sari into the fray after the RPG reaches earth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

that is an interesting proposal, but I think we'll need to know more about how you intend to use the character. Pulled straight from Animated won't work well in this setting, so what kind of background are you thinking about?
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Was figuring I'd use some of Brainstorms more diverse scientific applications, possibly with other help, as he was grasped with the idea of seeing what would happen if he took two minibot protoforms and had them scan human genetic material in lieu of a traditional alt mode.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

might raise some ethics questions, as in if that'd be experimenting on protoforms, which some Autobots aren't liable to like. I think I'd like to see that play out :)

Input from any of the rest of you?
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

I can see the ethical qualms that Autobots might bring about but Brainstorm is known for being surprisingly good at hiding things when he wants, ntm I rather like the direction of making him a Cave Johnsonesque scuentist with a ," I'm doing this science because I want to, screw careful planning and safety for myself." mindset
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Actually, that does bring up the even more interesting question, factions aside, of how the people of Cybertron deal with or react to 'alien' races. Do they see them as lesser life forms beneath their notice? Do they see them as beings that need a guiding hand? Does Cybertron even have a Prime Directive?

Heck, would it even wind up being like the beginning of G1, with neither side realizing that the mechanical things weren't the top of the evolutionary totem pole?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Selkadoom wrote:Was figuring I'd use some of Brainstorms more diverse scientific applications, possibly with other help, as he was grasped with the idea of seeing what would happen if he took two minibot protoforms and had them scan human genetic material in lieu of a traditional alt mode.
I think Brainstorm and Predacon would get along famously. :glance:

(The other Autobots probably wouldn't be happy about that.)
Heinrad wrote:Actually, that does bring up the even more interesting question, factions aside, of how the people of Cybertron deal with or react to 'alien' races. Do they see them as lesser life forms beneath their notice? Do they see them as beings that need a guiding hand? Does Cybertron even have a Prime Directive?

Heck, would it even wind up being like the beginning of G1, with neither side realizing that the mechanical things weren't the top of the evolutionary totem pole?
Based on the bits of history that we tossed together at the start, the Transformers are isolationist but not completely ignorant of alien life. Under Zeta there was a lot of colonization going on, probably without much regard for the native life (whether sentient or not) of the various worlds whose resources they wanted.

There might be some confusion to start with, but I'd imagine each character will react to the humans differently. For my part, Smokescreen will be friendly and sympathetic, Red Alert will be suspicious and standoffish, Predacon will consider them no better than lab rats, and Megatron as just another resource to be exploited.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

There's also the interactions of the Temple Knights when they've been off planet. Only Terabolt and Yoketron are left now, but when the rest of the Knights were around they largely had a respect for native beings, but the reactions would have been minimal, as their outings usually involved trying to chase down Unicronians before they could damage the local beings.

I think the best way to explain the general Temple Knight view is that Cybertronians are seen as the top of the totem pole most of the time, but they recognize the importance of all the beings down lower that keep the totem pole standing.

Then of course there's instances like with things like dragons and other large predatory beasts where cybertronians are forced to realize there are times when they're still paramount to just a link in the foodchain...
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Warcry wrote:I think Brainstorm and Predacon would get along famously. :glance:

(The other Autobots probably wouldn't be happy about that.)

Based on the bits of history that we tossed together at the start, the Transformers are isolationist but not completely ignorant of alien life. Under Zeta there was a lot of colonization going on, probably without much regard for the native life (whether sentient or not) of the various worlds whose resources they wanted.

There might be some confusion to start with, but I'd imagine each character will react to the humans differently. For my part, Smokescreen will be friendly and sympathetic, Red Alert will be suspicious and standoffish, Predacon will consider them no better than lab rats, and Megatron as just another resource to be exploited.
Perhaps under certain circumstances they would, but Brainstorm is no malicious monster, he simply has a very dangerous curiousity, and an approach to science that is ' Science isnt about why, its about Why Not!' and as such hes gonna push 'ethics' to sate his desire to science but at the same time he's not going to run around killing things or yanking their insides out to test weapons on them or see how they work. His view on humans would be like that of an old timey scientist, shprt of eating them he wants to know them in and out, of course he wont kill them either. Nickel has a pathological hatred of organics, Makeshift is indifferent, and Ratchet would tolerate them. Other chars I aquire might be friendly or not depending
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Also Feel I should mention that I was gonna bring her in with her older teenage form since I lack a Deus Ex Machina key
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]