Your opinions on TM2 Megatron and Cryotek

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.

Should I get them?

Yes, pull out your wallet for once and spend something ya cheap bastid!
94%
No, they are nothing more than POS's, save your money....ya cheap bastid.
6%

Total votes: 16

The Plant
Protoform

Your opinions on TM2 Megatron and Cryotek

Post by The Plant »

Please don't shoot me for saying this!

I don't own a single TF toy. I intend on getting TM2 Megs and Cryotek before I go to college in less than a year though. I have severe financial restraints at the time, as a car is my current top priority, and no current job.
I was just wondering what your opinions of these toys are. The people who own them. Do you like the coloring, the way they look? Are they worth the money?
Yes I do realize that Cryotek is nothing more than a recolored Megs, but still ;). I have a thing for dragons, and tf's for that matter so those two would look great on my shelf :D.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I don't own either (I don't like the BW toys. Not sure why), but Cryotek has a much nicer colour scheme than BW Megs. I doubt I'd get both, but hey, each to their own. Yes, spend your money. You know you want to.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I own Cryotek (You Da Man Joe) and I think he's pretty cool, his colour scheme rocks, he's big and he's a dragon. His missiles shoot far too :). Only problem is, you will most likely have to fix up the lever on his neck so it will work properly. It's easily done with a screwdriver though. I don't think this problem was ever fixed on Cryotek, I know it was on TM2 Megs though.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

He is a definate get. IMO anyways. He's got the ultra badass colorscheme of ice blue. He's a dragon. And he rules.

So yeah, go and get him.

And like Lock already said, you'll need a small phillips head screwdriver to fix the neck lever
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Got em both enjoy them both. An there's nothing wrong w/not havin NE TF toyZ, we all gotta start somewhere, and some ppl jes don't collect toys period. I think you'll enjoy either and both of them.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Ulticron
Got em both enjoy them both. An there's nothing wrong w/not havin NE TF toyZ, we all gotta start somewhere, and some ppl jes don't collect toys period. I think you'll enjoy either and both of them.

Quite right. I only have two Transformers myself - only started recently. I'll be getting a few more at Christmas though. Probably a reissue or two.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Megs is cool to begin with and Cryotek in the blue color scheme is just beautiful.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

I have cyroteck, and he's one of the few beast tf's that i'm proud to own.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

I have both. Megs is cool because I love "fire" dragons. Cryotek, just simply put, badass. Both are definatly worth getting.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

I own both. If you only have enough or one, get TM2 Megs. The paintwork is nicer, IMO.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Setz27
Protoform

Post by Setz27 »

I own the TM2 Megs and the dragon mode is awesome, the missles shooting from the dragon mouth, the opening wings, its pretty awesome. Of course I'm not a big fan of the robot mode. I actually think I've only transformed him to robot once or twice... and then remebered how bad it looked then transformed him back. It probably wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the big floppy neck on the dragon head that makes for a silly arm in robot mode.

I like most of the others have never been too impressed with the BW figures. I just couldn't get over how cool it was to have a robotic dragon.

Setz27