RAW Thoughts

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Starscreamsghost

RAW Thoughts

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Two months ago I was complaining about how much help the RAW roster needed...and how the tables have turned...

Steiner's finally made his decision, he's heading to Smackdown, and rightfully so...without Rock and Hogan and with the Underbiker hurt, SD's got a serious lack of top talent, especially since they refuse to give Edge that one last push to the very top.

Booker vs. Jericho was class, and the tag title match that followed wasn't bad either...only problem is that Val Venis annoys me to no end, and I'd rather he'd left his huge nose out of things than cheat Booker out of a win, then force us to watch the Jericho/Christian victory.

Why does Jeff Hardy keep getting paired with random partners (Hurricane last week, Tommy Dreamer this week) to take on Regal and Storm? It's the same blueprint over and over...and once again, the Hurricane gets used as the token guy to get destroyed to build up a heel (two weeks ago it was Test, this week it's Batista).

And what's the connection between Ric Flair, Batista and Triple H? Is Flair building himself a tiny stable or what? Horsemen....Batista looks good every time out, but I can't help but find the belly-button piercing and surrounding tattoo more than a little homosexual...Kane/Batista at Armageddon, I'm assuming...look for Batista to pick up the upset win...looks like they're gonna push the guy as RAW's answer to Brock, which I could accept if either one of these big brutes had even the slightest bit of skill on the mic...

Which brings me to RVD. Who got screwed. Again. And now we get Michaels vs. Triple H. Again. Triple H has a serious ego problem, bottom line. He's not very good, and he needs to realize this. RAW's now become the Triple H and HBK Road Show, which is just as bad as the previous version...Michaels doesn't deserve to be champ, and HHH doesn't deserve to be in a title match. And the three guys who are most worthy of the belt (RVD, Jericho and Booker) are in no-man's land. Bullsh*t.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Well if mayhem was up we wouldn't have to watch the Road show for a wrestling fix :p.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I read on the Ross Report that Steiner will be on Smackdown! for the next two weeks, but technically, his longterm home hasn't been decided yet.

I'm also starting to get annoyed at how far down in the ranks Jeff Hardy has fallen. I understand that management isn't happy with him or something, but you gotta put the guy in a decent match if you want him to proove himself. He hasn't been in the ring for more than three minutes on the last three weeks of RAW.

A resurgance of the Four Horseman would be awesome to see, although I'm not sure who would fill the other two spots from the RAW locker room. I think Angle and Benoit would fit the roles really well, and make the group a real force to recon with, but they are on Smackdown! and I doubt they're going to be traded any time soon.

As far as HBK/HHH goes... well, I don't think anybody expected to see an Armageddon RAW main event that was any different from that. Although RVD, Jericho and Booker all deserve the bigger pushes.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

A resurgance of the Four Horseman would be awesome to see, although I'm not sure who would fill the other two spots from the RAW locker room. I think Angle and Benoit would fit the roles really well, and make the group a real force to recon with, but they are on Smackdown! and I doubt they're going to be traded any time soon.
Whats the point in re-hashing old, played-out angles? It always fails (nWo).
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Starscreamsghost

Ah, but are the Horsemen really played out? Flair is still there, and Anderson is on the WWE payroll. It's a classic stable, and two of its classic guys are still there to act as mentors to the next generation.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Doesn't sound like RAW has been all that great to watch lately...it's time to end the Game, HHH...pack it in and get bent.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Ya its starting to get really ****ty...

I found I watched the first 15 min yesterday night and then after that I said screw it...eventually I will stop watching it alltogether and just read the results on some webpage.
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

Well I think the only reason why RAW is getting better is. Looks at SmackDown!'s main eventers, there missing The Rock and Hogan. And ......Big Slow is on SmackDown! now, you can see why RAW is better now lol.
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
Ah, but are the Horsemen really played out? Flair is still there, and Anderson is on the WWE payroll. It's a classic stable, and two of its classic guys are still there to act as mentors to the next generation.

Sorry to break the news to you ghost but Flair said that if it was to happen, he'd be a part of it, but as you said, in a mentor type role. At this time, if they were to do the angle it would most likely be made up of Flair, HHH, Bautista and Randy Orton. That rumour actually started BEFORE Flair started helping out Bautista.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Speaking of Raw, has anyone gone and looked for the voting thing they keep talking about for the best Raw Moment?

I did yesterday and it took me a little while (either I'm slow or they felt like hiding it from me). http://raw10.wwe.com/
25 moments to choose from, and some interesting choices they are.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Unicron
Speaking of Raw, has anyone gone and looked for the voting thing they keep talking about for the best Raw Moment?

Yeah I voted last week, my vote went to the Owen Hart Tribute Show.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

From the Ross report

"Scott Steiner, although still a free agent, will be wrestling on SmackDown! live events on Dec. 7 in Hamilton, Ontario; Dec. 8 at Nassau Coliseum; and Dec. 14 in Jacksonville, Fla. Scott will be competing on RAW live events in early January."

Looks like he might end up on Raw.

Odd, but I've never thought that Smackdown was at a loss for talent. When Benoit and Eddie showed up, I thought it was a huge mistake., because Raw lost 2 excellent people.

With Lesner, Angle, Benoit, Edge, Eddie, I think that they could easily form a rock solid headlining team.

The Horsemen again? That would be interesting, and I do agree that Angle Benoit would make for an awsome part of that. Too bad they are on the wrong show...

As for the greatest moment, Ive only been watching wrestling for a few years, so I had to go with the Milkman :) I was laughing my ass off, because even I know about the Austin beertruck...
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
ProckoZero
Protoform

Post by ProckoZero »

I voted for The Kid going over Razor Ramon, because it was the first RAW I ever watched (and first I ever taped) and I remember marking out so much as a Bret Hart fan (who was feuding with Ramon at the time.)

If I remember correctly, the same show Marty Jannety went over Shawn Michaels for the IC strap after coming out of the crowd too!

I was actually in attendance for the "black wedding" Undertaker putting Stef on the cross thing.

"Someone may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by Extreme_Kup
Well I think the only reason why RAW is getting better is. Looks at SmackDown!'s main eventers, there missing The Rock and Hogan. And ......Big Slow is on SmackDown! now, you can see why RAW is better now lol.
Sorry, but I think its been done so many times it'd just be boring.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

At least they put the Dudleys back together! I think they are one of the greatest tag teams of all time. Not to mention they can do some cool stuff when management let's them.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Originally posted by Ravage
At least they put the Dudleys back together! I think they are one of the greatest tag teams of all time. Not to mention they can do some cool stuff when management let's them.

THey are, but I'm going to get sick of the crownd chantting for tables 15 seconds into every match. I hope it wears off.

They DO need more "We want Angle" chants though ;)

Are they going to make him a face or what? I had in my mind a heel Angle slaying a heel Show, and then feuding with Lesner...
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Today it begins..

I stop watching RAW, Im far too lazy to watch it, and Ill just get all the results over the net. :)
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

RAW was bland as usual. At least Hardy finally got to be in a singles match... although he did get his ass handed to him, but what do you expect when you're going up against the man who runs the show.
Starscreamsghost

Have to say, this is one of the least gripping PPV lineups I've ever seen, at least on the RAW side of things...let's run it down...

Show/Angle doesn't get me excited at all, because it's one of those matches that won't satisfy me not matter the outcome. If Angle wins, well, we all know he should have. If Show wins, it's a goddamn travesty. And speaking of unsatisfying matches...

HBK/Triple H pisses me off to no end. Who cares? You can throw a thousand gimmicks at me, and Triple H will still be a mediocre, uninteresting, mid-card at best character, and HBK will still be a broken-down version of his old self. Not that I want Triple H with the belt again, but if it'll get HBK to retire, I'm all for it.

The four-corners tag title match gets me a little excited, if only because Bookdust has a chance (once again) to win the belts. Will they finally give me what I want? Do they ever? Bah.

The inevitable Kane/Batista match doesn't excite me much either; Kane SHOULD win, but they're building Batista up like a magic kiss, so I don't know what to think.

And the women's match? Don't get me started...
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Well, looks like I didnt miss anything by not watching RAW, just scrolled through the results...meh.