Finally a reason to watch Smackdown, but...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Redstreak
Protoform

Finally a reason to watch Smackdown, but...

Post by Redstreak »

UPN cut out the best part! Oh, for the pre-air video...

What am I talking about? Well if you saw Smackdown, chances are you have at least a clue, but as it is...(scroll no further if you don't want to know)

See, Dawn Marie runs across Torrie and tells her she was going after her father because Torrie is the real object of her affection. If that's not juicy enough, she hands her a hotel room key and tells her to come by.

Now I wouldn't be ranting here if she just threw it down and stormed off, cuz there would be nothing to talk about. Instead, Torrie goes there and after briefly arguing that Dawn didn't love her father at all, things all start to get intimate, champagne opens, etc...and from my understanding, there's a nice long kiss that got cut from the final airing. Source being rajahwwf.com, a fairly reliable one for my money.

They finally give us guys an angle we can all get behind then UPN intervenes, decides not to be raunchy this time(as opposed to every other night of the week apparently) and cuts the kiss. Bastards.

In other news, Angle's #1 contender, Bill DeMott beat up Funaki, Albert is kicking Edge's ass for some reason or another, and John Cena and Bull Buchanan are acting very much like the AWF's own NWA faction...ripped off again, boyos. They get another guy in there and it'll be the GPA. Sad, sad, sad.

But still, I will be watching Smackdown the next couple weeks at least, yesss....HLA rulez. ;)
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

*Gasp*

NO! Not Funaki!!

WHY?!?!?
The uiltmate prime fan
Protoform

Post by The uiltmate prime fan »

please let angle take the belt at armaggedon, please let angle take the belt at armaggedon.... not that i agree on the general assumption that angle-lesnar will be an awsome match, but more, i'd rather have someone i know is awsome have the belt than wight. unfortunately, as long as vince still gets off on big men, thats unlikely to happen. chances are, lesnar continues to F-5 show, then interferes in the match, causing angle to win the belt and go on to feud with ethier benoit or eddie {both are great ideas in my opnion.}
usually, i try to write some sort of inspirational bullsh*t here, but i suspect that wont fly.

the strong should always protect the weak and those who cant defend themselves. any that dont have no honor.
Grimlock

Re: Finally a reason to watch Smackdown, but...

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Redstreak
and from my understanding, there's a nice long kiss that got cut from the final airing.

At first there were plans to re-shoot the scene because UPN threw a hissy fit saying they didn't want it to air it, but apparently it was just heavily edited. (Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww lol).

*Hijacks thread* ;)

And for a reason to watch Smackdown? How about the debut of Little Guido as Jamie Noble's cousin which is currently schedualed for next week. Pity he's going to get burried, but I hope the put the CW title on him, as worthless at it is.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Unfortunately Angle has no chance of winning, he's got surgery coming up :(

And isnt it funny that when Raw was doing the HLA everybody was bashing it and now people want to see it?
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Zath
Unfortunately Angle has no chance of winning, he's got surgery coming up :(
Although your correct with the surgery thing, you never know, because reports have gone around that there were two contenders to win the title after Brock, they were The Big Show and Chris Benoit.

Reportedly the reason why they didn't go with Benoit is because managment felt as if Benoit deserves better (Yeah no $#!t) because Big Show is a transitional champ. Now that's when someone is given the belt for like 1 or 2 months before dropping it again, and they wanted Benoit to have a lengthy run. So it's possible Angle could win, but unlikely because he isn't thought of as a transitional champ, so Brock will probably regain the title at the Royal Rumble and then hopefully drop it to Benoit after :). Nothing against Benoit but I would probably prefer Angle to hold it although Benoit winning it for the first time in WWE would be good too.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

And isnt it funny that when Raw was doing the HLA everybody was bashing it and now people want to see it?
There's a difference between gratuitous HLA between two people not in the WWE who have never appeared before and will never appear again, and two of its hot lady superstars, believe you me...;)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I wasn't one of them.

HLA=Ratings (or it should do)
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

What's the deal with Rey Rey and their claims that his knee is 'shattered' because of the attack by Albert? Does Rey Rey have a legit injury and this is the way they've decided to phase him out for a while, or does the guy just need a break?

Yeah, I know, they're just setting us up for an Edge/Albert battle at Armageddon...could the main event combination for the PPV (Triple H/HBK and Big Slow/Angle) get me any LESS hot and bothered? Could it?
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
What's the deal with Rey Rey and their claims that his knee is 'shattered' because of the attack by Albert? Does Rey Rey have a legit injury and this is the way they've decided to phase him out for a while, or does the guy just need a break?

Unfortunately, Rey does have a legit injury to his knee...he's out like 6 weeks.

Albert is the worst looking human being on the planet...get him off the show and bury him somewhere deep in a freak show someplace.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Lol well I want to see you tell Albert he's a freaky looking person can we say lawndarts people :)

Anyway on the topic of WWE women I like Lita and Molly so I would rather watch Raw not to mention I don't get a UPN afflicalate up here.

Anyone would be a better champ than the Bore-Show. Please kill him someone.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Redstreak

Albert is the worst looking human being on the planet...get him off the show and bury him somewhere deep in a freak show someplace.

Can't we just bury him?
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Alberts a hideous freak who should stick to Velocity only.
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Well, I thought that Angle would only be out for 2 weeks with his surgury. I'm sure they could stall that long... Austin was messed up for about that long during the summer they had invasion, wasn't he?

Any news on him going ot the Olympics? I kind of hoped that him getting the #1 contendership equales him staying in the WWE. I figured he would get it, and them Lesner/ANgle though Wrestlemania and beyond. That rivaly is going to be incredible, me thinks.

Redstreak, you prefer Raw? BTW, you compare the great AWF to the WWE again, I break your legs ;)

Lastly, I kind of find it interesting that the people I listed as Smackdown's viable main event talent were all in the fatal 4 way last week :)
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by nmathew
Any news on him going ot the Olympics?
When I spoke to him in August when he was here, he said he will most likely be making his decision either late January or late March just after Wrestlemania, because he needs two years to concentrate on it and train for it.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by nmathew
Redstreak, you prefer Raw? BTW, you compare the great AWF to the WWE again, I break your legs ;)

I'll help to! :D :p ;)
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Prefer RAW? You mean the HHH roadshow? No, not a chance...though I'll probly be bored enough to watch it tonight with no hockey on...

And it's not my fault the WWE is ripping off the AWF! I'm just telling y'all about it, so there. :p

We rule, they suck. I thought I'd defined this already? :confused: