The Two Towers is goon abe the S***

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

The Two Towers is goon abe the S***

Post by Jetfire »

I waited all year for this film.

It's my personnal fav part of the LotR.

I got a preview disk with the Sunday Mail (see the depths my love for LotR will take me.Now I must shower) and it's looking good.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can't wait! I was a little cautious before the first one, but this one should be to movies what the Damned are to music [i.e. the unattainable benchmark]...
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I bought the extended version of the first film the other day. Only had time to watch the first disc so far, but its well worth the effort. So much better than the theatrical version.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Yeah. I loved the original but I had to comment at times some bits should have been left in etc. The Extended version did that just nicely.

Now for the 40 minutes battle at helms deep.

And the battle at Gondor imust be awesome in Return of the king.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

My friend and I finally got around to watching the extended DVD version of Fellowship this weekend and now I cannot wait for The Two Towers. The extended version adds all of the little details you'd want, and actually changes the pacing of the film, making it even better. I'm hoping they do this with all 3 films. Man, I tell you, a week is just too long a wait...
Computron

Post by Computron »

yeah, a week is to long, hopefully we should have the print in on Friday, with any luck I'll let you know what its like some time next week

Oh I can't wait for it, I too got the sunday mail disk thing.

I spent my entire shift on Swansea box yesturday watching the two towers trailer ;)
I support a ban on powerposting
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

One of these days my movers will get here so I can watch Fellowship, then I am gonna get ready for Two Towers...I may even be able to see it for free if I'm lucky.
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Yessss it's going to rule. I'm trying to find somewhere that's doing a midnight showing, because you always get some nutters at those things and it makes it more entertaining.

I'm personally looking forward more to Episode 3, only a couple of years left, yay! :D

He was in a boy band!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Computron
yeah, a week is to long, hopefully we should have the print in on Friday, with any luck I'll let you know what its like some time next week

Oh I can't wait for it, I too got the sunday mail disk thing.

I spent my entire shift on Swansea box yesturday watching the two towers trailer ;)

Dunno what cardiff were like last time, but for fellowship Swansea were real tight-arses with tickets :(
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

Ents. Bloody great walking trees, them. No film with such things in it could ever be bad.
Pope Discordia ~ Chaos since 1979.

"My advantageous mongoose masturbates with abandon over your mother's skeleton." ~ Lazurus Churchyard.

Forum.[email=lawrencesrider@hotmail.com?subject=SubCultural Evolution signup.]Mailing List[/email].For sale/Trade.Savant.Robot Fist.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

If only they'd choose someone prettier to play Eowyn.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I MUST have a rip or screener! I must, I must...
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Ozz
If only they'd choose someone prettier to play Eowyn.

Really?!???

I find Mirander Otto, not classically pretty, but incredibly attractive myself. Prehaps its because Otto is a very good actor and I find inteligence and brilliance attractive. Hence why Liv Tyler seams so average to me.....

Besides read the book. Eowyn is not susposed to be able to be as beautiful as a Elf like Arwen.
And Not all females in film can be part of your fantasy material. I much prefer watching actors convince me the characters they play are real as it draws me thurther into the story.

If I wanted to please myself I'd get broadband and search under "big boobs"or "good muff sites". Not watch a film based on a classic literature.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I read the book. And she's supposed to be one of the most beautiful women. i was a bit disappointed when I saw her first time. And when I say pretty I don't mean "big boobs". You said it.
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1

If I wanted to please myself I'd get broadband and search under "big boobs"or "good muff sites".

There are much better keywords to search for...
Pope Discordia ~ Chaos since 1979.

"My advantageous mongoose masturbates with abandon over your mother's skeleton." ~ Lazurus Churchyard.

Forum.[email=lawrencesrider@hotmail.com?subject=SubCultural Evolution signup.]Mailing List[/email].For sale/Trade.Savant.Robot Fist.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

When the first film came out, I saw it four times in theatres... and all my friends really loved it too.

Most of those friends are going to be coming back from college for the Christmas holidays, so I'll watch it with them again. I can't wait.

Does anybody know if the film is going to be just like the book, meaning that they'll show all the scenes with Frodo, Sam and Gollum at the end and show the scenes with the rest of the Fellowship in the first half; or will they try to intergrate the scenes so that it feels like both storylines are happening at the same time?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Actually, can someone please confirm for me that Shelob is in the movie? I'm really worried...
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

And can somebody PLEASE tell what those scenes are that were in the extended version, for those of us who don't have a DVD player (like me)? I really want to know now...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

The IGN (yes, I do hate them too) review had a summary of all the scenes, go check out the DVD section...

I haven't watched it yet since I'm saving it for Christmas when I actually get the thing from my parents.
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!