Music to reminisce by...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
popediscordia
Protoform

Music to reminisce by...

Post by popediscordia »

I'm sitting here listening to everything I Long For by Hayden, and it reminds of a lot of things. Good times, bad times, and things that I miss a lot. I probably should know better than to listen to something that induces very emotional reactions, but hey, what the hell.

I have no idea why I'm posting this. Anyone else have a similar album that they listen to for the bittersweet memories?
Pope Discordia ~ Chaos since 1979.

"My advantageous mongoose masturbates with abandon over your mother's skeleton." ~ Lazurus Churchyard.

Forum.[email=lawrencesrider@hotmail.com?subject=SubCultural Evolution signup.]Mailing List[/email].For sale/Trade.Savant.Robot Fist.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Sex-o-Rama Volumes 1 and 2, best albums EVER! Best listening music to do work and/or have sex. I suggest you all at least download some, or buy the albums (#1 is hard to find)
wasabi
Protoform

Reminiscing.....

Post by wasabi »

"Fear" and "Dulcinea" cds by Toad the Wet Sprocket.... Sweet memories of lazy, warm, carefree summers in Southern Cali....
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Simple minds: Don't You forget About Me
Manic Street Preachers: Everlasting.

You shouldn't add any memories to good songs. You'll never listen them like you used to.
Thanks D!
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Gotham by Bauhaus...
It was released in the late Nineties and I'd have to say that it always reminds me of the best time of my life... That and the fact that Severance is one of the best songs ever produced.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Funnily enough, music very rarely reminds me of situations. I mean, it does, but when I'm listening, I never picture teh situation in my mind. Rather, I feel the mood I was feeling at that point. So I feel slightly euphoric when I listen to Castles in the Sky, because it was the Magaluf song of 2001, when I went with all my friends. Same with The Theme, for Magaluf 2002.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Vitamin C - Graduation Song does it for me popediscorda. Not typically my taste in music, but makes ya think, especially at this time for me as a HS senior.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Smokie and the Bandits -- Living Next Door to Alice*

...soundtrack of the last couple of months, and a reminder that I have to cultivate the technique of staying in touch with people...

* curiously enough, not the version with the swearing
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

Alice? Who the **** is she though?
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Tyrese, "Lately"
Boyz II Men, "II"
Dru Hill, "Dru Hill"
Matecana, "Como Soy Que Bueno"
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Songs that make me reminisce are all over the place. Different songs brong up different feelings and memories.