BotCon2k3;What the hotel looks like

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Transfan
Protoform

BotCon2k3;What the hotel looks like

Post by Transfan »

Since I'm seriously planning on attending BotCon 2k3 I did a search on the hotel where BotCon 2k3 is being held.And for those who are attending or are simply interested.Here is a link to see what the Hyatt Regency O'Hare looks like.

Trust me it looks incredible:cool:
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

If I end up going I shotgun a spot at TC84's house.
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
If I end up going I shotgun a spot at TC84's house.

Uhmmm...yeah...heres the thing...im to lazy of a clod to make the trip every morn(its bout an hour away) so Im bunking in a room w/ Red for the weekend. And besides...if I were letting people stay here...itd be invitation only
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I wanna go, right now my plane tix are $340. Perhaps this will lower next year. The rooms are expensive so I need to know if any archivers would like to split hotel costs. If this is you please send me a private message.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by ThunderCracker84
Uhmmm...yeah...heres the thing...im to lazy of a clod to make the trip every morn(its bout an hour away) so Im bunking in a room w/ Red for the weekend. And besides...if I were letting people stay here...itd be invitation only

Blast... any other Chicago-native Archivers? :glance:
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

None close enough far as I know...you're welcome to a spot in the room though, Blitz, it's quadra-occupancy and I've no other current confirmations for the two remaining spots in mine. You would just have to pay your share($35 US if memory on the total cost serves).

Always willing to squeeze in more if need be as well.
Ultimate Weapon

Originally posted by Redstreak
None close enough far as I know...you're welcome to a spot in the room though, Blitz, it's quadra-occupancy and I've no other current confirmations for the two remaining spots in mine. You would just have to pay your share($35 US if memory on the total cost serves).

Always willing to squeeze in more if need be as well.

Where are you staying Redstreak?
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Where are you staying Redstreak?

We are staying right on site
Transfan
Protoform

Post by Transfan »

He's staying at the same hotel I am the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. Which is where the convention is being held
Ultimate Weapon

Cool so how many rooms did you get? If need be I can reserve another one and setup anyone else, or I can share with one of you guys. Not sure right now if I will be traveling alone so my occupancy may go up to 2 people.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

That's what you'll need to find out, and is why I didn't say three of the spots were taken...Galvy is likely to be there, but he might be coming with his g/f, so I don't know where that would leave anything. Although, Scout has a room and we are going to try to make these next door to one another, so in theory the girls could stay in hers and the guys in mine, which would still leave one spot to this point.

Confirmations are few and far between this early...we may have the entire American TFA mod/admin staff if we're lucky...I don't know Ghost's intent but I know Flec, Jinrai, and Garand will be there and Jim's gonna give it a good shot...

So much time and info needed yet. I don't wanna turn anyone away from a spot in my room until I have explicit confirmation from someone interested in taking one of the spots that yes, they will definitely be there.
Ultimate Weapon

Sounds like right now we have 2 camps setup. The Scout compound and Redstreaks' base. People have already setup most of the spots at Reds camp, and Scout will be sheltering the girls. Regardless if I'am traveling alone or with others I would like to setup a third room for anyone interested. Either with myself or a traveling companion I would still like to get a couple Archivers to stay over just to keep hotel costs down. While the details will be ironed out over the coming months, I have talked to Jim and he says he'll probably attend. If I can get hotel costs lowered than I will be able to stay the full 3 days.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ah hah... I definitely won't be going now; Dunno if I told Scout already or not, but it's a no go for me, I'm afraid. Can't afford it. :/
Garand

Post by Garand »

It's possible, but unlikely, that I may have a slot open for one additional person.

Chances are, one of the 3 rooms (probaly mine) will turn into Central Command (again) where everyone meets and such.

If possible, I'd like ahead of time who is definitly going, Scout and I are tossing ideas for .. what word am I looking for... well, it'll suprise if enough interest is sparked and permission's granted..
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I'm forced to wonder if that 'surprise' is still what it was before...
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Ah I love living in Chicago... :p

Hopefully I can go, I dunno yet if I'm taking summer school in Florida or not at the time...when does Botcon start taking reservation thingys? Not the hotel mind you but the admission fee or whatever?
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

I dunno if I am going. It's not that I won't have a much money, over 2000 canadian but transportation. How to get there is what I will hav problems with.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
I dunno if I am going. It's not that I won't have a much money, over 2000 canadian but transportation. How to get there is what I will hav problems with.

Trainimus and I were considering road tripping it there... but it may be a little too far. I'll probably end up cashing out for a plane ticket if that doesn't happen.
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Dammit I really want to go. As I now have a proper job, I'll have the money but doubt I can get the time off, as I already need 3 weeks at the end of summer to go to California. But I suppose if I just come for the weekend I could do it.. seems and awful lot of money to spend on flights to stay that short a time though. I'll have to look into flying with a Russian airline or something. :D

Are there still hotel rooms left? I want those special toys! Plus if I go I'll have to persuade a gentlemen friend to come with me, so we'd probably need our own room. ;) And if there are rooms left, can you still cancel up to a certain date if it turns out my boss is gonna be a bitch? Hmmmm?

He was in a boy band!
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Well Sixy, if you had to cancel the hotel room, they give you until June 1 to do so. Of course if you don't have to reserve one and stay with one of us that already has one(probly Scout I reckon), then it'd be different of course. But usually a boss will be cool with something like this given enough notice. Least in my experience, anyway. Hope yours is the same in that respect. :)