Anyone got any big plans for New Years Eve?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Anyone got any big plans for New Years Eve?

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm probably just going to the NY Face/Off at Barons... anyone doing anything imaginative?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I'm gonna hurl myself off a mountain on top of two wooden boards, and break a leg.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Me and my flatmate are having a Magnum P.I. themed party. If we can get hold of hawaiin shirts for everyone.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Anyone else always find New Years Eve to be a bit of an anticlimax? Y'know, it's not a bad nite out, but because you think it should be the ultimate, it tends to be a bit of a let-down?
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I kind of always hated it with a passion. This year is a pretty big departure for me, but the way I'm looking at it is its a good chance to get all my friends together when they all have the next day off, plus we get to dress up like total tits and get wasted.

The anticlimax thing is always true. In clubs you all shout happy new year, hug, kiss, act like best friends, and by five past twelve people are bottling each other and fighting. There's too much pressure to enjoy, which leads to frustration when people don't have the wonderful evening they were expecting. But you can never go wrong with your friends, the poison of your choice and a bit of music. No pressure, no wild expectations, but still should be a really fun night.

Plus we get to do the bouncy crossing arms holding hands auld langsyne thingy.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh... big problem for me is that my friends will be so scattered... some mates will be in Swansea, others in Winchester, the missus will be in London, Noriko'll be in Tokyo etc....
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Me and friends are either gonna drink or just sit around. Either way good times.
Computron

Post by Computron »

I think I will probablly spend it getting very very drunk and then freezing half to death outside waiting for a Taxi till 5 in the morning before getting in and passing out on the sofa.

It will probably involve Walkabout (top place on NY eve) and whatever alcohol is going cheap
I support a ban on powerposting
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I shall find some people for company, no doubt... it'll either go quietly or pissed-ly...
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

Just go out for a few drink s with my mates round town then gather with the rest of the city outside the minster for the countdown, before maybe going to a club, don't know if I can be arsed to pay the price of the tickets though, might just have a party at my house, normally house parties are wank, but I've had too superb ones on New Year's eve and a couple of good bonfire/bday ones.

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I am going to montreal with 3 chicks :)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Ravage
I am going to montreal

You poor poor soul. I feel your pain.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Times Square in NYC, baby. Oh yes. One of the most chaotic New Year's parties in the world, and we'll be there.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
Times Square in NYC, baby. Oh yes. One of the most chaotic New Year's parties in the world, and we'll be there.

Ghost I'll join ye in Times Square in two years lol but as for this year at the moment it looks like this:

Girls + Alcohol + Melbourne = Always a fun night out :)
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)