'twas Friday the 13th, anything happen?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Silly Cow

'twas Friday the 13th, anything happen?

Post by Silly Cow »

Some people are still scared of Friday the 13th. As I'm born on 13th of July, I really can't consider 13 to be somehow unlucky. But still...

I'm working in a supermarket (well at least in Finnish standards) and they're digging a parking lot roight beside the market using explosives. One of the explosives seemed to be too grand 'cause it totally blacked out the telephone systems at my work. They were out for about 5 hours.
If anyone works at a supermarket, they know that it's pure hell without any phones.

I'm not a supersticious person but that can't be just a coincidence, can it? :rolleyes:
Thanks D!
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Its Friday the 13th and good things are happening to my friend. Usual day here for me so far...
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Yeah, it's obviously a bad day. I had the first day of a whole week of tests today (don't ask me why they decided to start on a friday).
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

just found out a friend of mine's house has been broken into and all xmas presents and CDs have been taken/destroyed...

Justice being that the family have an idea who did it, and the father's a bouncer :)

Asides that, nothing spectacular, though there's still two hours to go ... not that I'm temping fate or anything ...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
just found out a friend of mine's house has been broken into and all xmas presents and CDs have been taken/destroyed...

That's low, real low...:mad:
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Twas Friday the 13th, and my home comp is shot,
So I'm stuck here at the library, as annoying as a fart.
It's raining outside, and I don't feel well,
In fact, you could say, I feel like hell.
It's really annoying, I hate everything
I even hate the sound of that damned telephone ringing
So, in conclusion, I would just like to say
If I sound angry, just ignore me, OK?

:)
Gundamcoolman
Protoform

Post by Gundamcoolman »

ignore this post... sorry
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

around 6.30 this morning, a bunch of people in the hall next to mine (I think) used lots of rope to tie my and all my neighbors doors together so that they couldn't open, then called all of us... it would have pissed me off much more if they hadn't done it so ineptly, because my door opened fine...
Hang on to your ego.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Friday the 13th was great for me, I made $80. Maybe the luck is reveresed cause I'm in the Southern Hemisphere.....or something.

*Runs*
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Excoet
Protoform

Post by Excoet »

i had something bad happen......

a craping "fright fest" on fox kids that went for like 4 hours when re-runs of beast wars should of been on!
Excoet
Vindicare - Assassin for hire....

Jim

Post by Jim »

I got paid for doing nothing at work today. ^_^
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I think that should be, you got paid for doing nothing at work, rather than you paid, as in punishment, for doing nothing, unless that is what you meant, but I dont understand why that would be good....;)

All in all, for a day thats supposed to be about bad luck and horrendous ****, todays been mighty damn good, it seems theres been some bad with the good though. Red is banned, but its only temporary, the kiddies pissed me off on IRC, but I somewhat enjoyed listening to John Vogel. I heard MASSIVE NEWS from my friend that absolutely blew me away.... So, pretty damn good.
Scout

Post by Scout »

ah- .... started learning a new game tonight called Hero Clix. :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Grandmaster Shockwaeve
around 6.30 this morning, a bunch of people in the hall next to mine (I think) used lots of rope to tie my and all my neighbors doors together so that they couldn't open, then called all of us... it would have pissed me off much more if they hadn't done it so ineptly, because my door opened fine...

Someone does that to me, and I'll put the rope around his neck, and suspend him from the ceiling.

*guy comes out, and whispers in his ear*

What? That'll kill him? Oh. Then I'll just tie him up, and beat him mercilessly until he begs.

Eh, nothing bad happened. I ended up talking tothis girl I like for hours. I did have to kill Jason Voorhees, but nothing major.
Computron

Post by Computron »

nope, nothing happened to me,
I support a ban on powerposting
Darkside
Protoform

Post by Darkside »

Friday the 13th was great for me, I made $80. Maybe the luck is reveresed cause I'm in the Southern Hemisphere.....or something.

No, Grimlock, it's got nothing to do with that. I also made $80 and finished up my last college final exam (which was a breeze). The only problem was with my final History assignment and I don't care 'cause I'm gonna ace that class anyhow! :D
You may fear me now.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Our head of RE got married...
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Yeah, I had bad luck on the 13th...I was involved in a 40s Malt Liquor Speed Challenge, and I lost! To a girl!

Granted, that girl just spent the semester in Australia and is now a huge lush, but that's no excuse for her to come in at 1:43 when I'm stumbling to get done in 2:20...
Astrotrain99
Protoform

Post by Astrotrain99 »

Chi Chi Chi, Ha ha ha. :(

Astrotrain trips: Come take a cruse of the lovely planet of Char, er... ok, maybe not that lovely.