BotCon2k3;What the hotel looks like

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Are Flec and Jim (and any other Philly Archivers that are going) driving or flying? If they're driving, I wanna catch a ride, but I doubt I'll have the cash to fly.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Flec and Jinrai drove in Flec's van last year, so since this isn't much further I wouldn't put it past them to do it again...otherwise if you can get to Detroit, then I can take you the rest of the way no problem.

Big time edit!

The registration form, boys and girls!
http://www.botcon.com/2003/BotCon2003_nondealer.html
Scout

Post by Scout »

I have one room paid for and an option on a second that I'll be buying I believe. There will be room enough for anyone who wants to come, as long as they don't necessarily mind floor space or a commute. In addition to the room(s), either of my family's houses are not horribly far away from Rosemont.

Botcon is still many months away and things change often. Anyone who can come is welcome. I can guarantee that the convention site is impressive - and it's handicap friendly. It's wonderfully enclosed from hotel to site by walkways (except the tunnel from the parking garage can get hot). Also the place is immense. Two blocks from the main doors of the site is a metra station that'll take visitors downtown Chicago in about 25/30 minutes. There are vast shopping malls within a 35 minute drive, and if anyone has other questions, I'll be happy to try and answer.

Scout
Transfan
Protoform

Thanks for the update Redstreak

Post by Transfan »

I just printed out a copy of the pre-registration form.And I'm going to fill it out A.S.A.P.

I'll definately get a official convention t-shirt but I'm not sure about the toy exclusives or the dinner.Although the dinner is very tempting.Plus the dinner would give me the chance for a great photo op
Hound

Post by Hound »

Ok, I'm gonna try to make it to Botcon but I'm a poor sunovabitch. What I need to know is can I get in on the room sharing thing? How much would that cost me and when and how would paying for that work?

After that's settled I just need to figure out how to save money to actually spend while I'm there. How much are some of you going to save up?

Edit: One other thing if this all works out for me, is there some one who can come get me from the airport? I haven't got a driver's liscense.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Transfan
Protoform

Post by Transfan »

Originally posted by Hound
Edit: One other thing if this all works out for me, is there some one who can come get me from the airport? I haven't got a driver's liscense.

Just grab a cab from the airport.I'm looking into taking a flight from Winnipeg(my hometown)to Chicago at the O'Hare airport. The hotel is the Hyatt Regency O'Hare so I figure it must be near the O'Hare airport.So a cab ride from the airport to the hotel shouldn't be that expensive.

But you should call the hotel tomorow,do all your planning ahead of time and make allowences for all possible contingencies.I starting to plan ahead.

Also Hound about the money thing,treat going to BotCon as an experience,if you truly can't go then you can't go,but if it's possible for you to go then PLAN PLAN PLAN:)
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Originally posted by Hound

I'm pretty sure the Hyatt would run a shuttle from the hotel to O'Hare. But if not there is always the cab route, or public transportation which O'Hare has a lot of.

BTW I think that since a lot of people will be at Botcon, and this will be a rare opportunity and whatnot, we should all go out to dinner together while the opportunity exists. Chicago does have uber-cuisine. :cool: (Then again since Botcon has that dinner thing, I don't know how many people want to go twice out if you know what I mean.)
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Are you people actually considering going to that $70 dinner? That just sounds expensive and useless, for that price we should get a Shockwave G1 figure. I'm gonna fill out that form and send it off as soon asap a printer is available. Theres no reason why we cant go to a more afforable dinner. I'm debating whether or not to get the toy. I just need to you guys to let me know if I should get a room or bunk up with one of the archivers. At most I will have only 2 people at this time that number may change to 1. So if we need more rooms I will gladly reserve one and let me know if you need to share the space.
[/]Edit right now my plane tix have lowered by $60, I'll be an the lookout to swoop the best deal when it comes around.
Scout

Post by Scout »

I'm not planning on going to the dinner this year. I'd rather have dinner with the group that's gathering. Sometimes they give out toys. Last year they gave out minicons- which sadly had already shown up in stores by the time the dinner happened, and there was a lady who stood up and complained at a panel discussion and got booed out of the room on it. But the Botcon guys tried to please anyway.

Hound, if you don't mind riding in a jeep, or other Archivers, I'll be happy to swing over if you find you need a lift. I remember seeing signs for shuttles at the Comicon a couple years ago, so I'm sure they have a form of transport. If anyone needs / wants a room- get yourself registered, write myself or Redstreak and we'll work everything out from there. I'll be happy to work with any of the familiar folks here finance-wise that want to come. Email me privately and we'll work on something to fit the budgets. I care not whether my two rooms have females or males in them so long as we all have fun.
Garand

Post by Garand »

Originally posted by Scout
I care not whether my two rooms have females or males in them so long as we all have fun.
swinger? will whipped cream be involved?

sorry.. had to do it.. obligation.. written on a stone in Egypt..

Anyways.. Pre-Registration is open, http://www.botcon.com/2003/BotCon2003_nondealer.html

now to see who can get the lowest number possible..
Scout

Post by Scout »

:p oh yes, I left myself wide open for that didn't I? Well, whipped cream - probably not. But I know someone that owes me a duel of peanut butter cups at high noon...
Garand

Post by Garand »

I just recently got off teh phone with Hyatt reservations desk, and there are still rooms available.

Scout, is the peanut butter thing gonna become tradition? Like the anti-formal dinner..
Scout

Post by Scout »

A pbc fight tradition sounds like fun. We could make it a repeat event- maybe even entice some of the others into playing.

Dun get me wrong on the food thou- I have nothing against the dinner, just know most of us aren't going to afford it and I'd rather spend the time with friends anyway. :)