Angle to win at Armageddon?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
nmathew
Protoform

Angle to win at Armageddon?

Post by nmathew »

Well, according to my pet theory, which is about 34 for 35, Angle should come away from the PPV with the belt. Basically, since he was mauled at the end of the show, and The Big Jobber was standing over him gloating, Angle should win...

Does that make any sense though? I know he needs his knee scoped. I guess that he's probably made up his mind about the Olympics. Anyone have any recent news on that? If Lesner and he are to have a rivalry, they would probably need to reestablish Angle as a heel. I don't really see a face Angle with Lesner happy to sit by and watch the title in someone else's hands... It seems like Kurt's been slowly drifing towards face, but since his main competiton was also heels, it's hard to tell where they were taking him.

Thoughts on my ranmblings?
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Well the theory of yours is one I've had as well, so I tend to agree that Angle will win. As for the rest, I dunno. Angle may need his knee scoped, but it hasn't stopped him...just like Edge's multiple injuries haven't stopped him. Who really knows...what I wanna see is the footage from Dawn Marie's hotel room, oh yes.
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Speaking of Dawn Marie... she was on Howard Stern this morning.

I'd say Angle is now a face since his teaming with Edge on smackdown. And we all know there is a feud brewing with Lesnar...
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Originally posted by Zath
I'd say Angle is now a face since his teaming with Edge on smackdown. And we all know there is a feud brewing with Lesnar...

Yeah, but I thought Lesner was going to be their big face. Although it is clear that the crowd wants to be behind Angle, despite still chanting "You suck."
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Id hope that Angle will win. But, with the WWE, I wouldnt be suprised if they made Big Show win...
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Post by TFArchive »

Angle should win, but he might not. He has a bad knee and it needs to be operated on (ala rey mesterio). So if he does win he will be dropping the title soon. Of course that moron Albert could interfere and destroy Angles knee and force him to leave for a while too.

Who said the WWE was predictible :(
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

God, I dont even want to think about Albert interfering in the main event...
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
God, I dont even want to think about Albert interfering in the main event...

Neither do I. He doesn't really have much business being out there without having waxed his back in any situation...

Last I heard, Angle's knee surgury would only put him out for 2 weeks or so. That's not too bad, and the writters could explain that away. Shoot, they could even tell the fans that his knee was busted in the match, and he needed to get it fixed... I don't think that time span would mke him drop the belt.

Then agian, I'm biased and I was to see Angle on top for a long time. It's true! It's true!:p
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

logically Angle should win..if not...then I think VInce maybe on crack for makin the big slow as a champ again. Oh well Big Show is better than David Arcuqetee being a champion, thats for sure.
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Lesner will try to cost Big Show the title at Armaggedon, but will mess up and Big Show will come out of the match still champ.

Kurt will then have surgery and be out two to three weeks, where in that time, Lesner will win the title back on Smackdown!. Angle will then return and will be PO'd at Lesner for costing him the match at Armaggedon and thus will begin the rivalry.
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Earlier, we reported about The Rock stating that Goldberg might be a possible future opponent for him. Apparently, rumors have been floating around that WWE is making a huge push to sign Goldberg for a match at Wrestlemania.

Other plans for Wrestlemania include Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar and Triple H vs. Scott Steiner. Kevin Nash may face Triple H at the show instead but the company might decide to go with Nash vs. Shawn Michaels.

As far as Hulk Hogan goes, he also wants to be a part of the show and should be come to terms with WWE, he will probably face Vince McMahon at the show rather than a rematch with The Rock or a title shot. Should all these pieces fall into place, it would be one hell of a stacked Wrestlemania card.

Copy & pasted from Lordsofpain.net
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

You really think the WWE can plan effectively several months in advance? Seems to me that they have problems figuring out what to do at the end of the week...

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Let's be fair, people. In a span of six months, the WWE's lost the following people for various reasons:

The Rock
Hulk Hogan
Steve Austin
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
and now Rey Mysterio

When you lose big names like that, guys who were undoubtedly going to play a big role in the storylines, it's tough to rebound.

That said, I think they're setting everything up for Lesnar/Angle at WrestleMania. Oh, yes....
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

So what are peoples predictions for Armageddon hm?

Mine are:

HHH
Big Show
Dudleyz
Eddie
Edge
Batista

:S