Famous people you fancy who you really shouldn't

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sixshot

Famous people you fancy who you really shouldn't

Post by Sixshot »

Oh dear, last night I realised I slightly fancy Jonathan Ross. Ever since he said he really liked Transformers the Movie I've thought he was pretty cool, and he's got that lovely hair....

And I have a thing for Phillip Schofield, he seems such a nice man on This Morning.

:o

He was in a boy band!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Whatever did happen to Gordon the Gopher?
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Whatever did happen to Gordon the Gopher?
They served him with beans and chips to homeless kids. I think?

And as you didn't answer my question, I'm going to tell everyone what you told me on AIM yesterday....

Brend secretly fancies Anne Widdecombe. :o
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I only told you that to make you feel better about the William Hague confession...

Like you ever use AIM nowadays anyway...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm... how old is Avril Lavigne?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

About seventeen, eighteen, something like that...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh right, I'm allowed her then... phew! Am I allowed Jubilee? She's only about 14 years old... Emma Frost, thankfully, is about 22...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Is she? ****, I was thinking immaculately-preserved 30+, myself...

Thora Birch in Ghost World is cute... how old is she?
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

Avril LAvigne is 17. I found this out after having serious doubts myself. She is a cutie.

Thora Birch is early 20 something. Of that I'm almost certain.

So, the real question is 'do you fancy famous people who are dog rough or old?'

Well, er.... No. Although I wuoldn't say no to Daryl Hannah. At least not witout a good deal of consideration. I also thought the American girl off that **** show 'bitz' was pretty, whereas most of my mates found her to be a moose.
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

Hmmm... Hugh Jackman is 34. Orlando Bloom is 25. And I fit in between so dog rough or old? Uh....nope! ;) Though I did like Harrison Ford before he started to show his age...and he's only a few years younger than my mother. :p
Originally posted by Sixshot
And I have a thing for Phillip Schofield, he seems such a nice man on This Morning.

Wasn't he in musicals and took over for Jason Donovan in Joesph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat? Cutie.
Originally posted by Stuart Denyer

Uh what's wrong with immaculately-preserved 30+??? Hmm? :glance:
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Originally posted by Zombie Dave
So, the real question is 'do you fancy famous people who are dog rough or old?'
Yes.

And William Hague was the youngest Conservative leader ever! Mmmm, balding.

http://www.urban75.org/useless/widdecombe.html

Closet Tory. :p

Edit - Oooo, see, wasabi thinks Phillip is cute too! I'm not mad. Didn't realise Hugh and Orlando were that old though, now I don't feel like I'm in with a chance. :(;)

He was in a boy band!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by wasabi
Uh what's wrong with immaculately-preserved 30+??? Hmm? :glance:
Absolutely nothing. Experience is an extremely attractive quality, and Emma Frost is gorgeous... well, apart from the stint on Generation X when every character (adult or otherwise) was being drawn to look like a prepubescent seal... this all rather ignores her credentials as an evil telepath, though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer

Thora Birch in Ghost World is cute... how old is she?

Me too... I was, for some reason that escapes me right now, saying the age of the character, as in how long they've been around... IIRC Emma turned up about 1980... of course, if you listen to that **** Johnny Byrne he'll tell you the Dark Phoenix Saga happened last week. This is why they don't let him right comics anymore. Because him & Chris Claremont are having a race to see who can ruin their reputation the fastest.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
This is why they don't let him right comics anymore. Because him & Chris Claremont are having a race to see who can ruin their reputation the fastest.

Is Byrne not doing any comic work now? I know that he hasn't been able to write anything worth reading in a really long time but he was one of the best back in the day. Do you suppose he's even capable of doing good work anymore?
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Avril is cute but she should try to keep atleast some make-up on if she can.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, as I've mentioned before, my knowledge only goes as far as Marvel... X-Men: The Hidden Years would have been a great book but for the hidden [ho ho] agenda of the 80s revisionism... I personally believe that the timescale of comics that have ran for 30 years should be ignored [aside from the occasional knowing satire, which can be fun - the Uncanny X-Men with Cap & Wolverine battling the Hand in WW2 Madripoor being a great bit of fun] rather than explained... it's like wondering why everyone speaks English in Star Trek really. His Marvel: The Lost Generation was totally valueless, with the revisionism being at the foreground [it tells what happens to the heros of the 60s & 70s, i.e. explaing where they all went before Spider-Man, the Avengers etc. showed up in the 80s] of 12 issues of immediately forgettable characters and plot-lines. Thing is with such an idea is that they'd have to revise it all again in 10 years time, unless the characters are shown to gradually age. I think the last thing Byrne did for Marvel was The Hulk, which got very bad write-ups, and I think was either cancelled or re-launched with another writer [Garth Ennis?]... I don't really follow the character, so I couldn't say... I don't think he's on any Marvel book right now. I agree, he was terrific in his day, and his work on Uncanny X-Men, Avengers & Avengers West Coast, Iron Man etc. is very good stuff... but he doesn't seem to have it any more...
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I'm torn on this one...I can't decide if Sandra Bullock (almost old enough to be my mother) or the Olsen twins (young enough to be...well, too young) are the more forbidden fruit...:glance:
mkay0
Protoform

Post by mkay0 »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
the Olsen twins

this long until they are legal
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

16 is legal.

Those two do my ****ing nut anyway. They can **** right off.

Was watching Donnie Darko again.

He has a miwmf.

That's not a milf, but not a million miles away.
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Zombie Dave
16 is legal.

Too right

and I always though of Emma Frost as a well preserved 30 yr old as well, she's definatly in the Milf age range
I support a ban on powerposting