Armageddon Results

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Bombshell

Armageddon Results

Post by Bombshell »

Booker T & Goldust def. Christian & Chris Jericho, Dudley Boyz and Regal & Storm to capture the World Tag Team Championship

YES! I've always liked these guys. Ever since they became a tag team, I've always hoped they would be the Tag champs.

Edge def. A-Train via disqualification

Well, it was either this or an Edge win, and who expected A-Train to win?

Chris Benoit def. Eddie Guerrero via submission

Once again, who expected anything different. Eddie is starting to get annoying to me, and there was no way that Beniot would lose.

Batista def. Kane

I know that they're trying to push Batista, but I don't think that it was a good idea to do it at the expense of Kane. I mean, except for the nechrophelia, his last angle was pretty damned good.

Victoria def. Trish and Jackie to retain the Women's Championship

I kinda expected this, but I hoped that either Trish or Jackie would win it. I've never liked Victoria.

Kurt Angle def. Big Show to capture the WWE Championship

Three words:

YES! YES! YES! :D

Triple H def. Shawn Michaels in a Street Fight

Shawn Michaels def. Triple H in a Steel Cage Match

Triple H def. Shawn Michaels in a Ladder Match to capture the World Heavyweight Championship

Well, gang, I guess we're back to the "Triple-H and supporting players" show. :(
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Angle's my hero :)
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Well, I got some right. :/
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

For ****'s sake FIRE HUNTER!
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

It was obvious he was going to win.
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

oh well I think HBK shoulda won that match, although its best since I think his back maybe letting up again so I think he just lost the match cuase of that...or Hunter must have been a 'busy' man keeping his wife all night long lol.

Well thankgod Angle won..he deserve to get that title, not the Big Slow
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Silly Cow

Re: Armageddon Results

Post by Silly Cow »

Booker T & Goldust def. Christian & Chris Jericho, Dudley Boyz and Regal & Storm to capture the World Tag Team Championship

I agree that BookDust deserved the titles, but is it really a good idea to give a potential world heavyweight champion tag team title. Although now that Triple H has it again it's not like Booker T would've gotten it any time soon.
Chris Jericho is out of the tag team title, and should be out of the tag team division also. He could do wonders if they''d just let him do it. Jericho and Hunter can make a good feud, we saw that the weeks before Judgment Day. THere would be the risk that when two heels feud, one would be turning face. Triple H is loouys as a face and I think Jericho is also doing a very good job as a heel.

Edge def. A-Train via disqualification

That could've been Matt Hardy. That shoud've been Matt Hardy. It woul've made a great feud, now no one really believed that A-Train ( :rolleyes: ) would be victorious.

Batista def. Kane

If not Kane, who then? There really weren't any other believable threats that wouldn't have been hurt by putting Batista over.

Kurt Angle def. Big Show to capture the WWE Championship

Muchos SWEET!!

Triple H def. Shawn Michaels in a Street Fight

Shawn Michaels def. Triple H in a Steel Cage Match

Triple H def. Shawn Michaels in a Ladder Match to capture the World Heavyweight Championship

Not so much sweet. How long do we have to see him as a champion when there are many wrestlers on RAW that deserves and needs the title more than Triple H? Rob van Dam hasn't ever won a major title in WWE (except the late IC), Jericho is really slumping after losing the Undisp. Title and then there are also Booker T and Kane.
Thanks D!
Bombshell

Re: Re: Armageddon Results

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Silly Cow

Not so much sweet. How long do we have to see him as a champion when there are many wrestlers on RAW that deserves and needs the title more than Triple H? Rob van Dam hasn't ever won a major title in WWE (except the late IC), Jericho is really slumping after losing the Undisp. Title and then there are also Booker T and Kane.

Yeah, but he's not likely to put anyone over if it meant losing the title, because he's in with Steph (yes, I know they broke up on TV, but I heard they're still an item off camera). Why else do you think he got the thing in the first place?
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

As much I dislike the Rock, he at least had the decency to put other people over when it was their time. Heck, even Austin did it sometimes.
According to my calculations Triple H has put only one wrestler over during this time after his comeback and that was Hogan, so I don't think he really had a choice on that.

Triple H is a great heel and an important part of RAW, but at the moment he's the real whole F'n show and that is rapidly becoming less and less interesting. It seems no one on RAW can have an interesting storyline if it doesn't involve Triple H.
Thanks D!
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I love the results across the board. Booker and Goldust have deserved the tag titles forever; while the RAW tag title scene is extremely robust (with Regal/Storm, the Dudleys, Jericho/Christian and 3 Minute Warning all on the scene), the Smackdown! tag title scene is just plain bad. Now that Benoit and Angle are no longer together, is there any team out there that can even think about contending against the Guerreros? It's a joke...I have no problem with each show having their own tag team champions, but I have a SERIOUS problem with the one show having exactly 0 contenders for said belt...arrrgghh....

The addtional upside to Booker and Goldust capturing the belts is that it might signal the breakup of Christian and Jericho. Don't get me wrong, I love them as a team, but I'd like to see Jericho assert his authority as a top singles guy again, and he can't do that when he's chasing the tag team belts around.

And as much as I hate Triple H, I'm really glad he won at Armageddon...maybe this'll be the way they phase out Michaels, who was a great short-term solution but will ultimately hurt the long-term product since he's hardly the star he used to be.

Angle as champ? I love it. However they work the Rumble, Lesnar will win, and we'll have Angle/Lesnar at WrestleMania XIX. Hell yeah.