[BW,BM] Why was Megatron more Powerfull than optimal?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Computron

Why was Megatron more Powerfull than optimal?

Post by Computron »

Just a quick question that could spawn a lot of debate and ideas but why did Megatron become more powerfull than optimal optimus when he merged with Megatrons spark.

I ask because I always thought Optimus Prime was more powerfull than Megatron.

------------------
Nominate the true Megatron at Seibertron.com

Images thanks to THE AXALON. The one stop place on the internet for all your Beast Wars images
Sades

Post by Sades »

My recollective abilities might be a bit off here, but... didn't Op Ops only carry Prime's spark while Megatron actually merged his with the Original Megatron's?
Tarantulus

Post by Tarantulus »

woulda been my answer. Their powers were increased for the time they carried the other spark. Megs kept his for longer.

But I wouldn't really say that Megatron was more powerful than OpOp. He just didn't have the same moral constraints as far as using his power was concerned...
Computron

Post by Computron »

that is a good point, My idea was that optimus's spark was initially that of Orion Pax and thus wasn't that strong (it was enhanced by the matrix) whereas all of Megatrons spark strength came from Megatron. Therefore although Prime always beat Megatron it was because he had the power of the matrix to enhance his spark.

Just an idea

------------------

Images thanks to THE AXALON. The one stop place on the internet for all your Beast Wars images
Tarantulus

Post by Tarantulus »

Yeah, but it relies on BW being cartoon continuity.
Computron

Post by Computron »

and in the comic continuity where does it ever say Optimus wasn't ever once a peacfull robot named orion pax rebuilt by a3 to combat the decepticons

------------------

Sades

Post by Sades »

... Just when I think I'm gonna like and actually get to participate in a real discussion, *someone* brings up the word "comic".... Image [/OT Whine]
Tarantulus

Post by Tarantulus »

Originally posted by Computron:
and in the comic continuity where does it ever say Optimus wasn't ever once a peacfull robot named orion pax rebuilt by a3 to combat the decepticons
Conversely, where does it ever say he was?
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

In other words, dump the Orion Pax part. It isn't an influence unless you REALLY want it to.

It's simple. Optimal put Prime's spark back after their first conflict. Megatron continued to carry the original Megatron's spark. Had OpOp kept Prime, things might have been different.

On TOP of that (and this becomes "Toy Continuity" information) Megatron is a TM2, while Ops is just a standard Transmetal. Where this transformation occured, no one really knows. But that has nothing to do with the original Prime or Megs. (both Primal and BWMegs were TMs when the took in their other's spark) One could say that Megs carried a TM2 enhancement driver that was meant to go active once he obtained Megs, but it was never stated as such.

However, it was also never shown that Megs returned G1Megs' spark, and we all know it to have occured. (never hear of it in BM, and it's highly irregular if they took it with them to Cybertron--that sloppiness is reserved fof the sequel series ;) )

BUT. We have two solid standpoints:

1) OpOp no longer carries Prime's spark. Megatron still has G1 Megs' spark.

2) OpOp is a TM, Megs is a TM2 (toys, and the assymetric mix-design of his construct in the show can account for it)
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I always thougth G1 Megatron´s spark was the enhancer he needed to be so vastly superior to Primal. So nothing new to add to conversation. Image
Originally posted by Pun-3X:
However, it was also never shown that Megs returned G1Megs' spark, and we all know it to have occured. (never hear of it in BM, and it's highly irregular if they took it with them to Cybertron--that sloppiness is reserved fof the sequel series Image )
Actually there was this famous cutscene of returning G1 Megatron´s spark. You can find info and download link from here (Question 2) http://www.bwtf.com/bwtf/tvshow/episode ... hree/nem2/

------------------
Osku
Tarantulus

Post by Tarantulus »

Ah, but you could say that if it was cut, it never actually happened...

Sure, it was meant to happen... but then so was the death of Shockwave in TF:TM...
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Tarantulus:
Ah, but you could say that if it was cut, it never actually happened...

Sure, it was meant to happen... but then so was the death of Shockwave in TF:TM...
Of course there´s also the fact that Megatron is functional four million years later... And don´t say that there are no sparks in G1 Image

------------------
Osku
Tarantulus

Post by Tarantulus »

Nah, Megatron was a muppet 4 million years later...

think about it - having no spark could've explained some of his dodgier comic moments...
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Well, Tarry's earlier comment sticks--if it's cut, who knows?

We do, since Megs is active in G1. We know because as I said, it'd be really unusual for it not to have occured. All this work on restoring the timeline, and now that it's time to go home: "Screw it, I want on those funpark rides Cheets was talking about!"

In any case, the two other main points on why BW Megs was stronger aren't defined as moot by anyone so far.