[BW,BM] Dinobot--clone dinobot ? Clone or copy?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Dinobot--clone dinobot ? Clone or copy?

Post by Djar][aCho »

hope this one hasn't been asked to often :
dinobots death was as an optimal-beeing as dinobot left the services of the predacons in the first episode I find it unlikely that megs had genetic material to clone dinobot, likewise the spark from "X" (rampage) was not even remotely similar in personality to dinobot. soooooooo----
how come the TM2 dinobot had dinos personality as well as that very short blend in of Dinobots blue face over TM2 D-bots face in the last episode of BW,, basically in my opinion relating the two of them in more ways than a name.
to deepen the question do any of you think the matrix sent back the essence of dinobots spark to influence TM2 dinobots actions ?
ok.. and here the last question,, Which one did y'all like better`?
I will later answer my own thread but first I am interested to see what you guys think.
BTW-- just to clear one thing up quick,, clones are not copys in my opinion as a copy is like a xerox,, a clone looks the same has the same buildup,, but is not the same thing, individual or even animal,(sorrya dolly)!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Djar][aCho (edited 12-17-2001).]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rampage was a Maximal. He may have allied himself with the Preds, but he was a Maximal (same way you can change your nationality but not your birthplace).

When he died, his spark joined the Matrix. However, half of it was still on Earth. There was obviously a link between them (cf Megatron's torture of Rampage), so when it joined the Matrix, it created a link between the new Dinobot and the Matrix (where the original was).

Works fer me, anyway...
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Well, I really cannot explain the first part. I get the impression Dinobot2 is what the original Dinobot could have been had he stuck with the Preds. As to how Megatron got his hands on DInobot "DNA," I don't know. I can see how he would build a copy/clone, but give it personality? I recall from BM, that the drones Megatron used were ineffective without a spark to give them drive/motivation/cunning. The same was true for the Dinobot copies megatron first put out. Hoever, there are several examples or sparks having new personalities put into place. Thrust, Tankor, Rynox sometime is season 2, every MAximal protoform captured by the preds....

So, the personality of the Spark isn't that important. Perhaps Megatron had a copy of DInobot's personality, or tried programing the copy as well as he could, making sure it would be faithful to himself?

OK, maybe I CAN explain the first part?

The Matrix tried to influence TM2 DInobot? I do not get that impression. He was a pred through and through.

Lastly, the original dinobot wins with me. He was thre dementional, troubled, noble, and struggling to find himself a place.

--nmathew
________
Zoloft Withdraw
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Post by Djar][aCho »

when is it said that X was a Maximal???

------------------
Felafel
Protoform

Post by Felafel »

X was created when the Maximals tried to "Replicate Starscreams Mutant Indestructable Spark With A Maximal"

------------------
Felafel's Trivia!!!!!!

Winners:Brendocon, ThunderCracker84, Daytonus

<A HREF="http://www.trypticon.com" TARGET=_blank>Ever wonder what was really happening in
Trypticons head?</A>
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Everyone that came out of a stasis pod was originally a Maximal.

Blackarachnia and Inferno were reprogrammed as Predacons, Quickstrike and Rampage weren't.
Metroplex
Protoform

Post by Metroplex »

Just my €0.02, but Megatron seems to have an ample amount of material to clone Dinobot, since he does it twice during the series (double dinobot and feral scream), but who's to say why or how.
As for the personality part, that has something to do with an episode wich was written, but never produced, where Rattrap finds the D-bot personality backup in the axalon's computer system. He then tries to download it into the D-bot clone, wich fails at that point due to the dominant half spark from Rampage. When he dies however, there is nothing to keep Dinobot's personality in check, hence te return of his honorary version.
For the complete story of this episode, check
Dark glass

------------------
Sentience is the right of all living beings Megatron!
Then they'd better stay out of my way!
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Post by Djar][aCho »

hey cool.. thx metroplex..
where do you have that info from?
gotta link?

------------------
Metroplex
Protoform

Post by Metroplex »

Erm, click the shiny dark glass link, should take you to the site where the story is located

------------------
Sentience is the right of all living beings Megatron!
Then they'd better stay out of my way!
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Thanks, Metroplex. I had heard of that episode, but I didn't know where to find any information about it. Much appreciated.

------------------
This space for rent until I get a real sig.

--nmathew
________
Marijuana bubbler
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Post by Djar][aCho »

wow,, just wow,,
thx man

------------------
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Post by Djar][aCho »

erm, just a thought, dinobot only got cloned once,, the others were just cloned raptors, no brains etc, still a great story though metroplex :-)
and the quote at the end,, well,
lets just say
Minfique`

8-)
oh and to answer my own question,,
Dinobot was great in any form,, but the original, was irreplaceable and my favorite charachter.
COde of a hero was to me the greatest and most tragic cartoon event of all time (after the "emperors new groove" which deserves an oscar or something) but Chopperface deserves a best nomination thingy :-)
------------------

[This message has been edited by Djar][aCho (edited 12-20-2001).]