My 100th post is not boring...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Weirdwolf and Monzo

My 100th post is not boring...

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

What is the most exciting aspect of Transformers to you? For me it is their ability to change to suit the situation. Each character has an individuality (well, except maybe Reflector and the like (no offense to the board member)) that is unique among his/her entire race. So many personalities, so many forms. You have your pacifists, you have your war mongers, you have your tweeners. The smart ones, the dumb ones. For a childeren's cartoon, for some reason they seemed so real for much of my life, and I guess in my imagination, they are. So what makes TFs interesting to you?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.wildcatblue.com/users/ukcats" TARGET=_blank> Visit the Transformers
Homage Homepage--Now with
a Message Board!</A>
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I think you've got something there. Each TF seems to represent a part of our society or our personalities, be it Prowl's quietness, Sunstreaker's vanity, Prime's overdevloped sense of honor. And this is why they are so widespread. Everyone has something they can relate to, even girls, despite the lack of female characters. Your favorite character, then, is the one who is most like you, who you would be if you were a TF. Prowl's mine because of his calmness, his quiet dedication to his job, his intelligence, and generally being well-balanced. He's right where I'd want to be if I was a TF.

R.

------------------
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Transformers TNG--The ultimate in TF gaming.

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
-------------------------
If you enjoy torture racks, iron maidens, chain saws, and lots of pain, be sure to stop by RCOSD and Redstreak's basement in the TF Archive building.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

i'm gonna put this in g1, may get more responses there!

*closed and moved to g1*
OmegaDenmad
Protoform

Post by OmegaDenmad »

Hmmm... My favorites are Optimus and Tracks... Maybe a mix of those two does represent me, being arrogant but serious and nice at times. And if you add my third favorite... it would explain why I can be globally hated at times Image.

(his name starts with W and ends with E Image )

------------------
Ugliest. Sig. Ever.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I think that the storyline (of the comic, at least), was probably good. The fact that all Transformers, Autobot and Decepticon alike, were created to battle a evil force, is something that I like. I mean, these two races of robots, who were at war with each other, had to work together against a common enemy.

------------------
Bombshell: Da Man since 1984.
Located on the fifth floor of the TF Archive building.

<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/danai/decindex.html" TARGET=_blank>The Insecticon Mission: To be as big a nuisance as possible, while still remaining too useful to squish!
</A>
----------------
Brawn Pin made by Skywarp, sig master.
Bombshell Trivia winners: Getaway, Commander Shockwaeve (x2), Brendocon (x8), Starscreamsghost, Unicron(x2), Kickback (x4), Blitzwing (x7) Optimal Rattrap, Cliffjumper (x2), Philcom, Silly Cow, Capt, Ultra Magnus (x2).
Read The Transformers: The Movie 2: Battle Drive Script, written by the very nutty S-Ghost.
Mook List: Lord Sixshot, Saysadie, RCOSD, Felafel, Mookback, Brendocon, S-Ghost, Galvatron91, Sheba, Blaster_86, Jetfire, OmegaDenmad, Osku, Cosmotron, Addl, YTV, Fox Kids.
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Four characters really caught my attention.
Starscream, Prowl, Omega Supreme and Shockwave. Comic book Prowl and Shockwave caught my attention due to their logical reasonings and explanations, which I liken to my personality. The series Starscream and Omega Supreme also caught my attention because of their self dependance and their ability to question what is widely accepted in society, which I also liken to myself.

Thats probally why I was attracted to transfandom in the first place.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Well ever since I was young Jazz captured my imagination with his attitude and the way he talks and now recently Blaster. I guess their layed back cool dude attitude aalways gets me to talugh smile and all together have fun. I got depressed when I never heard Jazz talk in season three then I found out Scatman Crothers died (I d/led all the eps then found that out) and that was depressing same with chris latta.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the decepticons are blitzing autobot city were really taking a pounding don't know how much longer we can hold out-Blaster TFTM
Watch the birdy Laserbeak
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Here's my heroes in order of importance;

- Jazz (+ subspace pants)
- Hound
- Prime
- Bluestreak

These were the guy's who meant the most to me, and if I've got one billionth of their pazazz, then I'll be a happy camper!

Maybe we do get attracted to the transformers we most want to be like. I like a laugh, I like to think I'm laid back, and I like to think I can be responsible when necessary. I think that cover's all of these guys.

There's worse role models out there for young impressionable kids.

Regards,
Windcharger

------------------
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

I have to admit that if I had to pick a character who was like me from TF, it would probably be someone like Huffer - one of the little guys who complains a lot - but always tries to get the job done.

I have to agree with Blaster_84 - Blaster is one of my favourite characters - simply because he has the coolest voice and lots of catchy lines. When i was small I always thought that Soundwave was the man because of his cold, unclouded logic...as in, he didn't allow himself to get distracted by silly things.

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

My fav guys were

Thundercracker(obviously)
Starscream
Skywarp
Soundwave
Skyfire

------------------
------------------
Apparently if I were an Autobot I would be:
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by Weirdwolf and Monzo:
Each character has an individuality (well, except maybe Reflector and the like (no offense to the board member))

Hey, at least they're not Powerdashers...
My favorite character (contradicting my internet handle) has always been Skyfire, because of his role in Fire In The Sky. Yes, he's gullible. Yes, he chooses a side ignorant of the truth. But I love the fact that he has a conscience, and it's played very well for him. Of course, I think I may have chosen otherwise if I'd seen any of his subsequent appearances.

------------------
"Luckily, I'm immune to idiots." - Wes Holevinski
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Jazz and Blaster are my favorites from the autobot ranks,with their cool attitudes.
Starscream was the most interesting character from the Decepticons.He was the con who always wanted to be a leader and didn't do well,when he got the chance.
Soundwave was the con with the coolest voice.
Insecticons were funny,when they got to talk in the show,especially Shrapnel.

------------------

This is how Santa will see if you have been a nice person this year.