New G1 comics coming soon

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Professor Smooth
Protoform

New G1 comics coming soon

Post by Professor Smooth »

PAWTUCKET, R.I., December 12, 2001 – Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) and Dreamwave announced today a licensing agreement awarding Dreamwave the rights to produce a wide-range of TRANSFORMERS-related products in comic book form, as well as posters, calendars, lithographs and scrolls.

The first TRANSFORMERS comic book, based upon the original characters, will be available at retail beginning April, 2002.

“TRANSFORMERS is a classic property, and we are thrilled that we will have the opportunity to use our expertise and passion for this brand as we create a range of comic books, posters, calendars that will be just incredible,” said Pat Lee, President of Dreamwave Productions. “It has always been a dream of mine to draw TRANSFORMERS and now that it has become a reality, I couldn’t be more excited.”

“TRANSFORMERS has captivated the imaginations of millions of kids from the beginning nearly 20 years ago,” said Tom Klusaritz, Vice President, Global Publishing and New Business Development for Hasbro’s Consumer Products Worldwide. “Dreamwave has an outstanding reputation for their intense artwork and overall creativity, and their abilities make them an ideal choice to extend TRANSFORMERS once again into the comic book world.”

Hasbro Consumer Products Worldwide is part of the Hasbro Properties Group, which was established in May 1999 to maximize Hasbro’s vast intellectual properties in a wide range of entertainment-based categories, including visual media, licensing, publishing, promotions and location based entertainment.

Hasbro, Inc. is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

Founded in 1996 by Pat Lee, Dreamwave Productions exploded onto the comic book scene with their first in-studio offering, Darkminds. Since then, they have produced six ongoing-titles/maxi-series including Warlands and Shidima, which have been printed and sold all over the world. Dreamwave Productions is located in Toronto, Canada.

-americandreamcomics.com

------------------
ProfessorSmooth1 (on AIM)
The "Un-Smooth" list:
Brendocon
that is all.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Muppet.

Already posted here. About 36 hours ago. By Tarantulus.

Hapless goon. Image
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Brendocon is quite right, mr Smooth Criminal....

BTW, you should have cut the crap out of the text. It's not really importany to the subject which other companies Hasbro owns...
Professor Smooth
Protoform

Post by Professor Smooth »

bitch, bitch, bitch...

Fine, I'll change the topic then...
Think the new comic will adress who became Cyclonus? What do YOU think?

------------------
ProfessorSmooth1 (on AIM)
The "Un-Smooth" list:
Brendocon
that is all.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I think the UK comic already did that. 'twas Life Spark. Like it ever mattered...
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Professor Smooth:
bitch, bitch, bitch...

Fine, I'll change the topic then...
Think the new comic will adress who became Cyclonus? What do YOU think?
LOL!

I seriously hope not. Would be a shame if they started answering those questions....

------------------
------------------
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

First even Pat Lee wont ever adress the who became Cyclonus question.No proffesional is that stupid Image

Oh and as we have one of these allready abot and this adds nothing new:

*Topic closed*

------------------
One great website.
Thanks to Skywarp-again for the pic below.

I wonder....