Groovy neat!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
The HeartBrend Kid
Protoform

Groovy neat!

Post by The HeartBrend Kid »

Yeah, the story may be of interest too...
HASBRO ANNOUNCES LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH DREAMWAVE FOR FIRST TRANSFORMERS COMIC BOOK SERIES SINCE EARLY 90’S

Dreamwave also wins rights to produce TRANSFORMERS posters, calendars, lithographs and scrolls

PAWTUCKET, R.I., December 12, 2001 – Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) and Dreamwave announced today a licensing agreement awarding Dreamwave the rights to produce a wide-range of TRANSFORMERS-related products in comic book form, as well as posters, calendars, lithographs and scrolls.

The first TRANSFORMERS comic book, based upon the original characters, will be available at retail beginning April, 2002.

“TRANSFORMERS is a classic property, and we are thrilled that we will have the opportunity to use our expertise and passion for this brand as we create a range of comic books, posters, calendars that will be just incredible,” said Pat Lee, President of Dreamwave Productions. “It has always been a dream of mine to draw TRANSFORMERS and now that it has become a reality, I couldn’t be more excited.”

“TRANSFORMERS has captivated the imaginations of millions of kids from the beginning nearly 20 years ago,” said Tom Klusaritz, Vice President, Global Publishing and New Business Development for Hasbro’s Consumer Products Worldwide. “Dreamwave has an outstanding reputation for their intense artwork and overall creativity, and their abilities make them an ideal choice to extend TRANSFORMERS once again into the comic book world.”

Hasbro Consumer Products Worldwide is part of the Hasbro Properties Group, which was established in May 1999 to maximize Hasbro’s vast intellectual properties in a wide range of entertainment-based categories, including visual media, licensing, publishing, promotions and location based entertainment.

Hasbro, Inc. is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

Founded in 1996 by Pat Lee, Dreamwave Productions exploded onto the comic book scene with their first in-studio offering, Darkminds. Since then, they have produced six ongoing-titles/maxi-series including Warlands and Shidima, which have been printed and sold all over the world. Dreamwave Productions is located in Toronto, Canada.
------------------
"You're insane!"
"So they say!"
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

That's really cool.

It's good that Hasbro is begining to do these sorts of things.

------------------

'Cause Sucka's Gotsta Know!>>>Grimlock's Trading Page<<<Oh You Better Recognise!
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I was just going to send the same news. Image Here´s the address anyway. Quite nice OP as well. http://www.americandreamcomics.com/sys- ... azinenews/

And Dreamwave Produtions´ home page http://www.dreamwaveprod.com/!beta/home.htm

Let´s hope Pat Lee will do the drawing.

------------------
Osku

[This message has been edited by Osku (edited 12-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Osku (edited 12-13-2001).]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Who's gonna write the thing? Please be Simon...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I doubt they will get Simon Furman.Its very unlikely as Pat Lee's tf fanship I here is based on the cartoon stuff.

Likely to be totally out of continunity with the prevous comic especially as its from marvel.Though the image G.I joe I here isnt?

------------------
One great website.
Thanks to Skywarp-again for the pic below.

I wonder....
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Jetfire:
I doubt they will get Simon Furman.Its very unlikely as Pat Lee's tf fanship I here is based on the cartoon stuff.

Everyone else's hopes take a major blow then?

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper:
Everyone else's hopes take a major blow then?
To be honest I was scared when I heard the company´s name. But Pat Lee can draw quite well. I´m counting on TF to be this little company´s big chance -> they´ll have put some real effort to story telling as well. Yes, I´m trying to be optimistic.

------------------
Osku
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Well the pic provided there shows reason for optimism in my mind...I'll be looking for this when it comes out and I'll be hoping for the best just like everyone else.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the new sig pic!
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Transformers TNG--The ultimate in TF gaming.

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the winners of the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
The HeartBrend Kid
Protoform

Post by The HeartBrend Kid »

b'ah. The Autobots are in it too...

heh, and you'll notice the url (and the picture) bears an uncanny resemblance to this one... http://www.dreamwaveprod.com/!beta/wine ... WizCov.htm

------------------
Did I ever mention I'm a nutcase?

Picture shamelessly blagged from http://www.the-axalon.co.uk
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Has anyone else noticed that Prime's and Megatron's isignia-chariots are from RID, not G1? Hm...

------------------
"In true honor of the emperor of destruction, I have set fire to my own couch." - Brawn
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Woohoo! I can't wait.

------------------
They were the dream--
--Mechanical beings able to transform
their bodies into vehicles, machinery
and weapons; a last line of defense
against the CHAOS-BRINGER,
UNICRON. Image
That battle is done, the story told.
But life goes on, and the story of the
transformers--
--Is far from told.

-Transformers: Issue 75-
"ON The Edge of Extinction!"

Looks like I'm:

PaladinPrime: Supporter of the kill all lurkers, and eat them campaign.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Originally posted by Osku:
I´m counting on TF to be this little company´s big chance -> they´ll have put some real effort to story telling as well. Yes, I´m trying to be optimistic.

[/B]
Not such a little company actually. They're brachingout from image and have closed a deal with fox to have one of their titles made into a film. This is something they want to do for love of the thing rather than for "a chance to make it".

Sorry if I sound overly aggressive but I've read every comic the comany has produced and hve never felt let down by them, so I'll always be the irst to jump to their defense

------------------
Image January gathering
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Those are two kick @ss pictures.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this sig.
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by angloconvoy:

Sorry if I sound overly aggressive but I've read every comic the comany has produced and hve never felt let down by them, so I'll always be the irst to jump to their defense
I know of the company. Like you said they´re branching out of Image. Their current number of on-going issues? Two to six perhaps? Still not very big a company. There´s also a problem for me to get these little publishers´ comics, as I´m living in a fairly small country. How to convince book shop owners to purchase comic no-one but the most hardcore comic fans have heard?

I know it´s fashionable nowadays and many like current trend in the mainstream american comics, but their style of emphazising the drawing on the cost of story telling... I don´t like it. Having said this I must confess that I´ve only been able to read one Darkminds so my argument is based quite poorly Image.

------------------
Osku
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

This was posted on http://www.ntfa.net/ntfa/index.htm by Lars Eriksson. I don´t know his information sources.

"UPDATE: There will actually be two new comic books - one six-issue limited series featuring the original characters, and one ongoing title featuring Hasbro's next series: Transformers: Armada. Chris Sarracini will write both books, and Pat Lee will pencil the G1 mini-series. (December 14, 2001)."

Anyone familiar with Sarracini´s work? Angloconvoy?

------------------
Osku

[This message has been edited by Osku (edited 12-14-2001).]
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Aha, now we're getting somewhere. 6-issue limited series featuring G1 guys. I'll be buying that fer sure. The rest...well, we shall see.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the new sig pic!
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Have a few beers, kick back, we'll have some fun; If ya smell what Red is cookin'!

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Definitely pre-ordering.

Personally, I like the earlyish Image series odd issues I've read; they have Marvel-style art, but quirkier dialogue... over a decent story-arc, could be a winner!

Armada comic? Oh yesssss... more comic run, less series...

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

It's all good Image.

Six issue run?Lets hope they number it the same way the first G1 comic series went (Number 80 of a four issue limited series Image).

Oh and anyone know about what Chris Sarracini is like as a writer?

------------------
One great website.
Thanks to Skywarp-again for the pic below.

I wonder....