[BW,BM] Does Prime Remember the time he merged with Primal?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
budsbot
Protoform

Did Prime remember his time merged with Primal

Post by budsbot »

Does antone think that Op. Prime remembers his short time in Beast Wars? When Primal was carrying his spark it seemed like they were acting as one. Also Prime appears to wake briefly when his spark was returned. I assumed he just thought it was a dream caused by the statis lock.
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

Things like this make me wish that the originals involved BW, but I know that there isn't a fact that he remebered or not. Atleast nothing that was aired on TV.

But I did think the same thing ;)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Obviously he wasn't written that way, since G1 was aired some 15 years before Beast Wars.

But I would have to say no, otherwise he'd most certainly have mentioned it in G1. Or, maybe he did, but it was a subconcious memory. Or, your 'dream' theory is entirely plausible too.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Technically, the term "merged" is erroneous. Primal merely carried Prime's spark a while.
TM2-Megatron
Protoform

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Technically, the term "merged" is erroneous. Primal merely carried Prime's spark a while.
Maybe. But if you look closely at Prime's spark while it resides in Primal's cockpit, you can see that it's core (those pulsating things) is missing.

The best time to see this is during the cockpit close-up just before Primal begins firing on Rampage.

My theory is that Primal's "mutation" into Optimal Optimus was caused by either the merging of the two Spark's cores, or their close proximity within Primal's Spark's shell.

Since Sparks seem to repel eachother like two similarly charged particles or the like ends of two magnets, it's not hard to imagine that the cores would be easy to seperate once it comes time to return the extra Spark to it's body.
"One lonely turncoat; battling on against impossible odds. I'm almost... touched."

"Fortunately, such moments pass quickly."

-- Megatron, Code of Hero
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

If I remember correctly the human mind doesn't always remembers what it dreams and in computers theres always glitchs.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

You might see something about this in the Dreamwave universe but...

I do believe there is a possibility in it however he never searched The Matrix for Primal, since an essence of Primal would be in the Matrix for Prime's spark was fuzed with it IIRC... if not dissalow all knowledge of what I have said. This is only possible if the Matrix contains past present and future...
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by TM2-Megatron
Maybe. But if you look closely at Prime's spark while it resides in Primal's cockpit, you can see that it's core (those pulsating things) is missing.

The best time to see this is during the cockpit close-up just before Primal begins firing on Rampage.

My theory is that Primal's "mutation" into Optimal Optimus was caused by either the merging of the two Spark's cores, or their close proximity within Primal's Spark's shell.

Since Sparks seem to repel eachother like two similarly charged particles or the like ends of two magnets, it's not hard to imagine that the cores would be easy to seperate once it comes time to return the extra Spark to it's body.

if i remember correctly from reading on bwtf.com the writers intended prima;s mutation as a spark induced one like tm2 megatron is also a spark induced one

personally i tend to think that primal just carried prime's spark and not merged with him
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
TM2-Megatron
Protoform

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Originally posted by bluekatt
if i remember correctly from reading on bwtf.com the writers intended prima;s mutation as a spark induced one like tm2 megatron is also a spark induced one

personally i tend to think that primal just carried prime's spark and not merged with him
The way I described it, it's still a Spark-induced change (ie. caused by the two Sparks). I was just theorizing as to the actual mechanics of what about the Sparks may've actually caused Primal's (and Megs') mutations.

The only thing we have to go by when doing that is what Prime's spark looked like in the cockpit; and there's no getting around the fact that it's core is decidedly absent. If G1 Megs' spark had been visible from inside BW Megs', it probaly would've been missing its core as well.

As I said, personally I think the mutations are the result of the close proximity of the two Spark's respective cores within a single shell (that of the TF being mutated). Just imagine a spark with two cores pulsating side by side. That's most likely what Primal's spark looked like while he carried Prime's (since Prime's core had to go somewhere).
"One lonely turncoat; battling on against impossible odds. I'm almost... touched."

E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

I'm not to familiar with BW but what was all the passages Megatron and Optimal Optimus quoting from? What's the origin of the book they were quoting? Could it have been written by either/both G1 leaders from the events while their sparks were carried outside their own respective bodies?
Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS
TM2-Megatron
Protoform

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Originally posted by E Nice
I'm not to familiar with BW but what was all the passages Megatron and Optimal Optimus quoting from? What's the origin of the book they were quoting? Could it have been written by either/both G1 leaders from the events while their sparks were carried outside their own respective bodies?
That was the "Covenant of Primus"; basically the TF's equivalent of a bible. Only two copies existed, and one was aboard the Ark when it was launched; that's where Primal got his. The other was aboard the Nemesis, obviously where BW Megs' got his.

Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Isnt the transformer "spark" basically what we would call a "soul"? Not getting too deep into this...i think all they meant to do is indeed have Primal carry Prime spark...but its obvious something DID happen. Primals body changed into something that resembled Prime greatly and his whole mannorism changed. So Prime may have been very much a part of Primal but i dont think he would really remember it...just because it was only Primes essence in Primal...not his actuall conscience.

I gota get the BW episodes...i never knew about all this stuff about G1 Prime...i only saw him once when megatron was about the whack em.
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Ok, but who wrote the Covenat of Primus?
Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS
TM2-Megatron
Protoform

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Primus?

DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Who wrote the Bible?
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

uuhhh....the human bible?
RPG Maker
Protoform

Post by RPG Maker »

Back to the spark merge thing.....I think Megatron GI remembers things that happens in BW so he wrote on the Golden Disk to Megarton BW who which told Megaron G1. I think the reason(sotry wise) that he did nothing to change history(G1) is because he can't himself but Megatron from BW can.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

I like to think that Prime remembers Primal.

In More Than Meets The Eye pt1, when prime is reactivated he gives a thumbs up and says "Thanks."

He could have just been talking to Telatran 1, or he could have ment to say it to Primal before he went back into emergancy stasis all those years ago.

Say....whatever happened to the Axalon fortress inside the volcano?
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Optimus Prime was talking to Teletran 1, pal. I would doubt that the G1 writers back in 1984 could look into the future and see Bob Forward putting Optimus Prime in BW in 1998.

As far as the remnants of the Axalon inside the volcano go, my only theory is that the Maximals destroyed it in the lava, so when the Autobots and Decepticons wake up in the future, they wouldn't notice that some small robots had been in the volcano with them.

A question I've been wondering is if the Autobots noticed that shuttle missing from the Ark, because I believe that they'd know it was there before they left Cybertron.
glazios

Post by glazios »

If you ask me, I think the Transformers Timeline was pre-organised. You know, like pre-decided? It would give some solidity to the idea of Optimus Prime remembering Optimus Primal... but it would also make things a lot more complicated, because things would have to be on a kind-of timeloop. If none of what i've just said makes any sense... well... My Bad.