Ultra Magnus in TF:TM

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Ultra Magnus in TF:TM

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

I've watched TF:TM many times and I just noticed that Ultra Magnus was nowhere to be seen in the last battle against Unicron. Here's an important character (at least in the movie) who just disappeared after they left the planet of junk. Same kind of thing happened with Blaster after the autobots left earth. Weird man.

------------------

Don't #$@! wit my crew!

Decepticons forever!
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Magnus was on the Junkion ship with Perceptor, you can see them briefly a couple of times when they go flash inside.

As for Blaster, well, can't help ya there. Maybe it was him that was supposed to be there when the Deceps started attacking instead of Snarl...

R.

------------------
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Transformers TNG--The ultimate in TF gaming.

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
-------------------------
If you enjoy torture racks, iron maidens, chain saws, and lots of pain, be sure to stop by RCOSD and Redstreak's basement in the TF Archive building.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster stayed behind at autobot city with a couple other guys and re-built, just my theory though.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the decepticons are blitzing autobot city were really taking a pounding don't know how much longer we can hold out-Blaster TFTM
Watch the birdy Laserbeak
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Ummm... I just looked at the scene on my DVD and I saw Perceptor in the Junkion ship, but I never saw Magnus. Unless that was his arm when Unicron was shooting his breath at the ship. That's the only indication that he was on the Junkion ship.

------------------

Don't #$@! wit my crew!

Decepticons forever!
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

we do get to see him at the end when they are all chanting 'Til all are one. Blaster, bah who cares. I simply dont like the guy, and dont think he shoulda been around at all

------------------
------------------
Apparently if I were an Autobot I would be:
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by ThunderCracker84:
Blaster, bah who cares. I simply dont like the guy, and dont think he shoulda been around at all

Tell me he didn't say that, someone tell me he didn't just say that.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the decepticons are blitzing autobot city were really taking a pounding don't know how much longer we can hold out-Blaster TFTM
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Before this goes any further, could people cease this infernal confusing of posters and TF characters? Please?

edit: Put simply, the Movie is a nightmare of mis-animation of epic proportions... just watch it, enjoy it, compare it to Star Wars, appreciate the cheesy soundtrack, and move on...

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks

[This message has been edited by Stuart Denyer (edited 12-08-2001).]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Fun stuff about the Movie:

http://www.geocities.com/zobovor/snarl_tftm.html

http://www.geocities.com/zobovor/tftm_comparison.html

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I am so fed up of every single topic, interesting or otherwise, descending into childish bitching. You know who you are, cut it the f*ck out.

Ultra Magnus' arm is relatively clearly glimpsed on the Junkion ship:-

What would you all do without me? Aside from leading happy, stress-free lives.

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.

[This message has been edited by Cliffjumper (edited 12-08-2001).]
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

You and me both cliffy and thats odd since I'm usually part of them, but I just hate it.

------------------
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Man, I didn't think that this post would get so much response, most of all ticking some of you off. Hehe, it's all good in 'da hood!

------------------

Don't #$@! wit my crew!

Decepticons forever!
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Ultra Magnus was not seen in Unicron with Springer, Kup, Arcee, Hot Rod/Rodimus, Jazz, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Jazz.

Ultra Magnus was seen in the ending 'Till all are one' speech

Logical explanation: He was aboard the Junkion shuttle with Perceptor before it was destroyed by Unicron.

[This message has been edited by Prowl? (edited 12-08-2001).]
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

In the end, the blame for this oversight doesn't fall on the animators; rather, you can attribute Magnus' disappearance to our dear friend and writer Ron Friedman, who took the liberty of randomly phasing quasi-important (or very important, in the case of U.M.) characters outta the script whenever he felt like it. Here's the question no one seems to ask: where's Wheelie during all this confusion? What about Blurr? It really wouldn't have killed Friedman to just hurl these guys into Unicron with Springer and the crew, but as the entire movie evidenced, Friedman was so damn determined on focusing on just a few people that the rest of the crowd just sorta...disappeared...

------------------
"Where's Brendocon, where is he?!?"
Starscreamsghost: Better Than You Since 1981.
OmegaDenmad
Protoform

Post by OmegaDenmad »

Well, that just doesn't explain how did Magnus (and all the Junkions and Perceptor for that matter) survived Unicron obliterating their ship with one hand... he crushed it way beyond recognition. Any explanation for that? (sans "it's a movie thing" Image )

------------------
Ugliest. Sig. Ever.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

In the orginal script the junkions turn the two halfs of the ships into new ones.

------------------
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

he crushed it way beyond recognition. Any explanation for that?
Man I agree with that, they should have been annihlated, but those damn writers and animators always seemed to screw things up.

where's Wheelie during all this confusion? What about Blurr? It really wouldn't have killed Friedman to just hurl these guys into Unicron
I never thought about those two Starscreamsghost. Here again is where those writers and animators screw up again, although in Wheelie's case it don't bother me that they left him out in the final battle. Hell I'd like to get my hands on the idiot who created him! =)

------------------

Don't #$@! wit my crew!

Decepticons forever!
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron:
Hell I'd like to get my hands on the idiot who created him(Whellie)! =)

Wouldn't we all?

------------------
------------------
Apparently if I were an Autobot I would be:
------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy--okay, give me the bomb." -Ultra Magnus
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Wheelie- A failed attempt to replace Bumblebee in the third season.

------------------
Brendocon do you read me the boringness is blitzing the TFArchive we're all going insane with out you; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster_86 the recent departure of Brend
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Seeing as there are people out there who can come up with all sorts of complex theories to cover up the cock-ups in the cartoon, I find it relatively believable that the Junkions were able to repair the shps, as in the original script... I believe Wheelie and BVlurr where intended to be on the Junkion ship, but just weren't shown in the finished version.

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

He was on the Junkion ship!
That's my theory anyway.

------------------

This is how Santa will see if you have been a nice person this year.