[BW,BM] Documenting a fan's first run through Beast Wars/Machines

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Jhiaxus
Exactly. I just believe that since 99% of all Transformers since G1 had either vehicle, weapon, or beast modes, that Botanica looks really out of place.

One of the reasons I liked the character. Something new. What I didn't like, was that the design had some flaws. Robot and alternate modes were too similar and a show character that didn't have a toy is a serious mistake by the writers. I was hoping Takara would make one for their "Beast Wars Returns", but no such luck. :(

Besides that, I think the fact that I think she's atrocious and little more than a tree-hugging hippie is enough for me to dislike her.

I on the other hand enjoyed the more pasifistic character. Not all the transformers can be war mongers(?). ;)
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

First of all, I'm not a little kid.

Secondly, Botanica was a whinny little tree hugging hippie bot who tries to act like the great Tigatron. Thirdly, like Sixswitch said, I'M entitled to MY opinion. She was a crap character who had one of the most ridiculous voices that I've ever heard come form a TF's mouth. BM was garbage to me, and I don't even acknowlage it.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

OK,BM could have been the best TF show on par with BW if it wasn't for the whole Technorganic ending(and I mean the 3 minutes of the last ep) .

Jetstorm is one of the greatest charecters ever, and my second favourite charecter in the whole TF Universe( second only to GF Starscream). Rhinox turning into Tankor was a great idea cause it helped building the shocking darkness of the show.

Savage/Noble wasn't such a bright idea, then again he got to be a backstage charecter until the ep he died in.

Botanica sucks. Period.

I liked BM Silverbolt, but I liked Jetstorm more...

Overall, a great show.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Originally posted by ShadowSonic
Botanica was there to represent how versatile TF mode tech was, and to show another technorganic power. I'd like to see a Vehicon who could absorbd solar power and fire it at his enemies.

Rattrap not having legs, instead wheels...I bet you hate Prof.X and Oracle too huh?

Botanica was pacifistic becuase she was a scientist on an explorer mission, like Primal and co were before the series began. It was to contrast how far they'd come as warriors. Falling with Rattrap...what, since a TF isn't organic, he can't fall in love or have emotions? Did you hate BA and SB having a thing too?

Actually, Vehicons would have had said power if the writers had willed it. I just hated Rattrap's new look. As a matter of fact, I like Professor Xavier. However, the only Oracle I know is the Oracle from BM. I have no problems with TF's falling in love. I have enjoyed a lot of the relationships in the TF universe. But I can't stand the Botanica and Rattrap one, since they are so different and you know they wouldn't stay together long. Anybody who says that "opposties attract" needs to know an important thing. Yes, opposites do attract in the short term, but long term, if you are too different from your spouse, then the relationship will most likely not last very long. Botanica would have been better off falling for Cheetor, in my opinion. At least there, they wouldn't have annoyed each other anytime soon.
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

G1 TFs couldn't harness solar power into themselves, the Maximals and Preds couldn't do it in BW no matter what kind of upgrades they got. I'm of the opinion that it was beyond their power, but since Botanica is a technorganic plant she could do that, as well as harness the geological power within Cybertron.

I mean, in DC comics Swamp Thing is one of the mightiest beings ever becuase of his elemental powers and connection to nature.

Oracle is Barbara Gordon in Batman after she was crippled by the Joker.

If the show had continued into Transtech, we'd have gotten further development of the newer characters (as well as the return of G1 survivors) so maybe the romance would've been expanded into something more likable.

TFs aren't human-made, so it's alright to have them be not human-like at all, which is why I liked the Vehicons so much. Rattrap nothaving legs accentuates his function as a spy/hacker in BM, he can hack anything with his tail uplink and can vroom away with his wheels. The face, well I guess after giving him such a robotic face for BW a organic looking one was a bit of a shock.

Tigatron was a hippy, and into beastiality, not my cup of tea...
I'd like to say it's been nice knowing you, but I'd be lying.

-Vile
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Wasn't Slag supposed to be able to store solar energy in G1? At least I think it was used as an explanation for his immense power in "Dinobot Hunt" (UK comic)?
Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
First of all, I'm not a little kid.

Secondly, Botanica was a whinny little tree hugging hippie bot who tries to act like the great Tigatron. Thirdly, like Sixswitch said, I'M entitled to MY opinion. She was a crap character who had one of the most ridiculous voices that I've ever heard come form a TF's mouth. BM was garbage to me, and I don't even acknowlage it.

Unlike Jhiaxus you still haven't given any other reason but she looks and sounds ridiculous. Plus you like to refer to the character with those genous nicknames "Tree-bitch" and "whinny little tree hugging hippie bot".

Don't expect me to take your opinions seriously.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Osku
Wasn't Slag supposed to be able to store solar energy in G1? At least I think it was used as an explanation for his immense power in "Dinobot Hunt" (UK comic)?

No. I believe you are thinking about Snarl, the stegosaurus.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Originally posted by Osku

Unlike Jhiaxus you still haven't given any other reason but she looks and sounds ridiculous. Plus you like to refer to the character with those genous nicknames "Tree-bitch" and "whinny little tree hugging hippie bot".

Don't expect me to take your opinions seriously.

But really, if the only reasons he hates Botanica is because of the way she looks and sounds, I believe that's reason enough.
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

But those are more like racist comments than anything else. You would hard pressed to give more valid reasons for disliking, say...an Asian person other than "I think he/she looks and sounds stupid".

-Vile
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

That's completely different. You're talking about racism, while I'm just talking about a character in a kids' cartoon show. There's a big difference.
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Still, I think that it's a pretty stupid reason to dislike a character because they look or talk strange.

-Vile
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

And others have disagreed with you. Can we all just leave it there?

-Ss
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Jhiaxus
But really, if the only reasons he hates Botanica is because of the way she looks and sounds, I believe that's reason enough.
Yes, if all someone wants to say is "I don't like the character".

If someone (in this case cassettacon 27) says
"Secondly, Botanica was a whinny little tree hugging hippie bot who tries to act like the great Tigatron. Thirdly, like Sixswitch said, I'M entitled to MY opinion. She was a crap character who had one of the most ridiculous voices that I've ever heard come form a TF's mouth. BM was garbage to me, and I don't even acknowlage it."

and I disagree with him and me or someone else gives valid counter arguements, I expect better reasons in response.