What G1 US Marvel issue did the movie/Season 3 characters first appear?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

What G1 US Marvel issue did the movie/Season 3 characters first appear?

Post by Jhiaxus »

Just wondering when Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, etc. first appeared in the G1 Marvel comic and how they got there. I'm not referring to the 3 issue comic version of the movie. I mean which issue of the regular 80 did they appear in first?
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr appeared in first issue of Headmasters along with other Autobot Targetmasters. Cyclonus appeared in #2 (although he was drawn quite badly and didn't resemble Cyke we know) and he and Scourge were introduced as Decepticon Targetmasters in #4.

I assume you're not counting Transformers #43, which was the comic version of Season 3 episode Big Broadcast of 2006 and which featured Galvatron, Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Scourge, Ultra Magnus and possibly others.

#67 was set in one of alternative futures and featured Galvatron, other versions of Cyclonus and Scourge and corpse of Rodimus Prime.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Thanks Ozz. The reason I ask was because I recently aquired the first 37 issues of the original comic, Headmasters #1, the 3 Movie issues, and 4 Universe issues, and was wondering when all the Season 3 and movie TFs first show up. Thanks for the input.
I Hate Dirge
Protoform

Post by I Hate Dirge »

They're first appearance in the UK run was in #78-88 Targer:2006, and they appeared a lot more often than in the US run.
"A Bad day for me is still better than a good day for anyone on your side of the freeway".
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

I don't remember asking about the UK comics, but thanks anyway, IHD.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You do know the US comic never shifts to the post-movie setting, right? I'm guessing you do from the SN, but just found the wording a little odd...
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Actually, I really didn't know that. And the reason for my username is because the G2 comics were the first TF comics I ever read back when I was 9 and 10, and I loved the Jhaixus character.
I Hate Dirge
Protoform

Post by I Hate Dirge »

Originally posted by Jhiaxus
I don't remember asking about the UK comics, but thanks anyway, IHD.

You didn't specify, pal, you just said G1 Marvel comic. Last time I checked the UK comic was G1 and it was made by Marvel. The Uk stuff's better anyway
"A Bad day for me is still better than a good day for anyone on your side of the freeway".
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by I Hate Dirge
You didn't specify, pal

He did, in the title.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Thank you, Ozz. The reason I didn't ask about the UK comics is that I'm not interested in reading them, since there are so many of the darn things and the time travel story arc sounds confusing.
I Hate Dirge
Protoform

Post by I Hate Dirge »

you did, I'm sorry, I didn't read the damn thing properly. That's what you get for surviving on around 5 hours sleep a night for 2 months.

Anyway, if you ever get the chance, read 'em, they're good. There may be loads of them, but they were half the size of a US issue. Titan's reprints are decent. You can also buy the whole run scanned onto cd. I got them for a fiver off ebay. I'm sure there's people on this site who could do it for you if you were ever interested.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I concur with IHD. UK-exclusive material is comparable with US issues when it comes to quantity, but is much better when it comes to quality. And time-travelling is not as confusing as some poeple make it out to be. Well, Time Wars is, but it's a mess anyway.

I strongly encourage you to try UK stories at some point.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.