Most emotionally intense scene from a film/TV Show...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Off the top of my head... the fifth episode of Ultraviolet. Vaughan trapped in the warehouse with the timers ticking down on the coffins. The phonecall to Angie where he says nothing, but she can hear the gas release as she watches the captured coffin do the same, and knows what's happening... then Vaughan pulling out the gun rather than be turned.

M*A*S*H? The death of Henry Blake. He nearly made it home. Nearly.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

The one's that get my vote is:

Forrest Gump talking to Jenny's Tombstone, and even his conversation with his mother before she dies. Solid movie that.

TV:

I've always loved that episode of Six Feet Under from Season 2 with the Biker funeral, Nate is getting drunk with the Biker's Girlfriend/Widow whatever, and all the dead guys biker friends are all drinking, smoking and singing along at the top of their lungs to "Don't Fear The Reaper". Really nice I think, and then at the end of the episode Nate is speeding along in the bike the girl gave him with Don't Fear The Reaper playing.

There's a few more that I'm not thinking of at the moment, but they are two that stand out for me.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Farscape
Always the season finales,season one ends with Dargo and Crichton in space over a planet they bombed, we already know Dargo can survive for up to eight minutes in a vacuum but eight minutes pass by and he loses consceiceness.
Season 2's ending sees Crichton at the mercy of his nemesis who allows him to live to suffer.
Season 3's penultimate episode spends a great deal of time in a imploding ship and a confrontation between Crichton and his nemesis that goes the only logical way it should.
Season 4 features the main characters on a boat, helpless, being fired upon by a alien fighter, they are both disintegrated.

Battlestar Galactica
Kobols Last Gleaming Part One
Three Raptors jump into orbit of Kobol (humanitys homeworld) the crews start chatting when one Raptor collides with a Cylon fighter, they flew right into the path of a squadron, the second Raptor is shot down and the third gets away.

Angel
Inside Out
Conner sacrificing the kid was pure evil, when Cordelia cuts her throat and drops of blood splatters on him was cruel, who wasn't cheering when Angel beat the crap out of him a few episodes later?

Buffy
Passion
Angelus pursues Jenny calender through the school, you'll think she'll escape but she runs right into his clutches and he breaks her neck.

The initative
Someone knocks on the door, willow says "come in" and who walks in? the still evil Spike...
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Farscape
Season 3's penultimate episode spends a great deal of time in a imploding ship and a confrontation between Crichton and his nemesis that goes the only logical way it should.

I think the last act of Crais and Talyn is possibly my favourite moment in the entire series. Well, discounting all the scenes with Harvey...
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
I think the last act of Crais and Talyn is possibly my favourite moment in the entire series. Well, discounting all the scenes with Harvey...

They did a good job with most Harvey scenes but the one where their dressed in Bunny costumes fighting each other felt forced like daftness for the sake of it. The very first time he appeared in 'Crackers Don't matter' followed by his official appearence in 'Beware of the dog' definitely rank as some of the series creepiest moments.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Buffy
Passion
Angelus pursues Jenny calender through the school, you'll think she'll escape but she runs right into his clutches and he breaks her neck.

What really made that episode wasn't necessarily Jenny's death, but the little scene Giles came home to, and his face when he realized she was dead.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Buffy episode "The Body" that whole episode made me feel that I lost someone that I knew and it's hard to watch and
not feel the emotions of the characters. Anya's speech is a tear
jerker.
It is the best death of a character in any series that I've ever saw.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Erm a couple of gut wrenchers from my own soggy pillow back catalogue.

'Heat' _ The end scene with De Niro and Pacino is beautifuuly done, with Moby on the soundtrack, everytime I watch that film I want De Niro to get away and every time I'm left a little hollow.

'Conan the Barbarian' _ Yeah it's my favourite film of all time but the opening operatic ten minutes as his entire family are killed, all with the majesty of James Earl Jones gives me goosebumps everytime.

'Thin Red Line'_ The final assault on the village/ Caviezel's death. This is probably due to Zimmer's haunting score, although Caviezel's death is a gut wrenching ending to a beautiful film.

'Star Wars ROTS'_ This is probably due to current repeated viewings, but the 'Order 66' scene accompanied by the Jedi Purge/ Yoda's realisation all to Williams score is a true heartbreaker for me and I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear at that scene, although the missus was ashamed on my behalf.

'This Life Aquatic' _ Just for the ending and Murray's sorrow at Wilson's death, surreally moving story about fatherhood, struck a chord with me for varying reasons.............

To be honest most of my choices are music based, a truely moving scene makes excellent use of music IMO, but I'm a sucker for classical soundtracks.
malcos
Protoform

Post by malcos »

Various parts of Neon Genesis Evangelion, including the ending.

Cowboy bebop - When Ed and Ein leaves, then when Spike dies.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Ending.
Thanks to Mininin for the sig.

Click here for Ravnica: City of Guilds spoilers
Originally posted by Sir Auros
fuci, everthing that movew!
Zisteau

Re: Most emotionally intense scene from a film/TV Show...

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by CounterPunch

The last 5 minutes from American History X. The whole film is just incredibly electrified with passion, intensity and emotion, but Dannys last speech (basically from the coffee shop till end) is probably the only time I've been in tears when watching a film, just the suddenness of his death combined with Dereks hopefulness of starting over just stabbed me in the heart, I'm so affected by it I'm bloody swelling up now!

Not to mention the concrete curb incident makes me cringe every time I see it.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Just watched Alias with
SPOILER! (select to read)
Sloane's "death" scene
Change (in the house of flies) by deftones was playing while the above scene was cross cut with a scene where Sydney's killing aload of a load of Yakuza. it made me go tingly.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by the_escaflowne_2k
Ooh remembered another one from M*A*S*H, the last or second to last episode were Hawkeye's in the mental institution and finally remembered about the child being smothered by its mother. Well that and the entire last episode of M*A*S*H really was perect television.

It was the ending where Hawkeye spelled out "goodbye" with the rocks that got me.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

The Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark".

No television show had been able to make me shed a tear since elementary school but when I saw this episode...damn.

I love dogs, have always had one in the family, and the end to that episode just hit a nerve.
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

The first X-Men movie, this is very emotional for me seeing that it shows that Wolverine has a different side to his otherwise "Macho" appearance especially to the youth Rogue:

*Inside the Train*

Rogue: The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head.

Wolverine: There's not many people who'll understand what you're going through. But I think this guy, Xavier, is one of them. He seems to genuinely want to help you. And that's a rare thing, for people like us.

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

FILMS

Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back

vadar"Did Obiwan ever told you waht happened to your Father?"
Luke "He Told me Enough he told me you Killed Him!"
Vader "No! i am your Father"
Luke "NO!"

All OF Star Wars Episode 3

TF The Movie when Unicron Tells Galvatron that hes about to destroy Cybertron

TV

Green With Evil Fiver parter From MMPR Was Emotionly Intense when i first watched it.

Escaflowne Allen Vs Vans Battle For Hitomis Heart (ahh)

Sailor Moon When Serena finally found out who tuxedo mask was minutes before he was Struck down

thats all i can think off for now:D
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
Off the top of my head... the fifth episode of Ultraviolet. Vaughan trapped in the warehouse with the timers ticking down on the coffins. The phonecall to Angie where he says nothing, but she can hear the gas release as she watches the captured coffin do the same, and knows what's happening... then Vaughan pulling out the gun rather than be turned.

Damn, I'd forgotten that one, i really thought he was going to die, somthing TV very rarely convinces me will happen when regular charecters are placed in jepody. I really need to get the Ultraviolet DVD...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Zisteau
The last hour of the first season of 24. When Jack...

Son of a... thank you so much for spoiling it for me. I've been watching the first season on DVD and have about 4 hours left. AGGGGRRHHHH!!! I know this is random, but please use spoiler tags next time. :(

As a kid, Optimus Prime dying in TF:TM and the horse that died in the Never Ending Story.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Son of a... thank you so much for spoiling it for me. I've been watching the first season on DVD and have about 4 hours left. AGGGGRRHHHH!!! I know this is random, but please use spoiler tags next time. :(

Though, you could have just as easily stopped reading after "The last hour of 24."
verytired

Post by verytired »

Shows that made me cry - the Two part finale of Dawsons Creek, The last season of Sex and the City. Films - the green Mile, Shrek (when shrek and fiona think that their love is over).

Can we include books? Cos Flowers for Algernon and Captain Corellis Mandolin have me openly weeping everytime.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron

As a kid, Optimus Prime dying in TF:TM and the horse that died in the Never Ending Story.

Erm why should he? The first season of 24 is years old, so putting that in spoiler tags has about as much reasoning behind it as you putting "Optimus Prime dying in TF:TM" in spoiler tags, maybe there are some newb TF fans who have never seen past season 2 and you've just ruined the movie for them?