Jackson Not Guilty

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Redstreak
they proved he did it, and yet he gets off.

I must have missed that key peice of evidence. Apparently so did the jury.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Anyone think he can resurrect his career now? Or is he too out of touch with the kids?

I highly doubt it, his last major album sank and that was before this.
Im interested to see how the tabloids will run with this, i can imagine the Sun seething. I may just have to read the front pages when i get my bread in the morning.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

everyone knows he did it
If they did, there would be no question.

Or is this like people "know" there's a god and what it wants for everybody, or "know" that their little Jimmy would never misbehave at school?
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Truth be told, the whole situation is sketch, guilty or not, and if I were a parent, I wouldn't let him anywhere near my kids.
I don't know if he really was guilty or not.. I've heard a lot of stuff for, and a lot of stuff against him.

However...

My question is the "fitness" of the mother for allowing her child anywhere near a supposed 'child molester'.

I mean..Lets say for the sake of argument, that MJ was 100% guilty of everything that has been said in the past.

Why on God's Green Earth would you take your son over there to visit overnight???

"Hey mom, the other kids are gonna spend the night over at Joe-Bob's house. You know, the neighborhood child molester. Am I allowed to go too?

:wall:
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

everyone knows he did it, they proved he did it, and yet he gets off.

Hey, it worked for OJ. And Robert Blake. You don't exactly knock a proven system.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Kup1
I don't know if he really was guilty or not.. I've heard a lot of stuff for, and a lot of stuff against him.

However...

My question is the "fitness" of the mother for allowing her child anywhere near a supposed 'child molester'.

I mean..Lets say for the sake of argument, that MJ was 100% guilty of everything that has been said in the past.

Why on God's Green Earth would you take your son over there to visit overnight???

"Hey mom, the other kids are gonna spend the night over at Joe-Bob's house. You know, the neighborhood child molester. Am I allowed to go too?

:wall:

Exactly. After the first case, where he paid the kid off, so even if he was innocent, he made himself look guilty, I wouldn't let him near my kids. His admission to enjoying sleeping in the same bed as young boys makes me all the more weary of him, especially after this second case . . .
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

What really lost this case was the mother's track record for hustling.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Denyer
If they did, there would be no question.

Or is this like people "know" there's a god and what it wants for everybody, or "know" that their little Jimmy would never misbehave at school?

It's know in that if he were creepy Mike down the block, he would be thrown in jail without any sideshow, or any prejudice entering into anyone's mind because of who he is. Juries in this country simply will not convict celebrities. It's part of the celebrity chasing culture we live in. Guy sells 50 million records, has a hit TV show, runs for 2000 yards, whatever. No matter the evidence they don't get thrown in the klink. Since Tyson's conviction, which is the last major celeb to get thrown in jail for a serious felony, no other celebrity to my knowledge has had to face the music via a jury of their peers. (Before you make a remark about Martha Stewart, that was a federal case and is completely different)

As with the OJ jurors, expect interviews and books, and some to reconsider and say that they really thought he was guilty but for one reason or another didn't vote him such.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Oh, come on! Like anyone actually thought he'd be found guilty (not saying he's not, just he's freakin' Michael Jackson! He could buy the moon if he wanted to.)

I work at the deli in Shaw's and people today were all talking in line about it right after it was announced and everyone was so suprised, one woman even called someone on her cell phone to talk about it.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
Oh, come on! Like anyone actually thought he'd be found guilty.

Oh, I dunno. It's not like we should have expected it. After all, all the evidence did was basically say he did it. :rolleyes:
wreckie
Protoform

Post by wreckie »

I've heard very little about it, but hearing one of the female jurors say she came to a decision when the mother of one of the alleged victims clicked her fingers at the jury ("Don't you click your fingers at me, lady!") didn't fill me with confidence in the American justice system.
Wildfire Herald

Originally posted by Bombshell
Oh, I dunno. It's not like we should have expected it. After all, all the evidence did was basically say he did it. :rolleyes:
Hey, I know he's guilty, you know he's guilty, everybody does, but it all comes back to how much money/fame he has, and as pointed out earlier in the thread, America never puts it's celebrities in jail. I saw it coming a mile away myself.

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

America never puts it's celebrities in jail.

Maybe they should, then.

Then again, maybe that isn't such a good idea. Prisons are overcrowded as it is.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by wreckie
I've heard very little about it, but hearing one of the female jurors say she came to a decision when the mother of one of the alleged victims clicked her fingers at the jury ("Don't you click your fingers at me, lady!") didn't fill me with confidence in the American justice system.

*Is sickened*
Wildfire Herald

Maybe they should, then.

Then again, maybe that isn't such a good idea. Prisons are overcrowded as it is.

Again, not disagreeing with you, it's a lousy system, and if anyone belongs in jail, it's MJ.

My want list
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Again, not disagreeing with you, it's a lousy system, and if anyone belongs in jail, it's MJ.

Oh, I'm sure there is someone more deserving of being in jail.

I don't wanna change the point of this thread, though, so I won't go any further.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Wildfire Herald

Oh, I'm sure there is someone more deserving of being in jail.

I don't wanna change the point of this thread, though, so I won't go any further.

Ok, AMONG those who deserve jail is MJ. Seems impossible that he dodged this rap twice, but then that brings back the original point of America and it's celebrities...

My want list
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
This is disgusting! It just goes to show you that anyone with money can buy freedom. This is a sick man who desierves to be locked away.
I apologize if you are an M.J. fan/supporter, but I must support what I believe. This is truly disgusting. Indeed a dark day in the city of California.

I have so many jokes that I can't say them all without taking up 10 pages, but here's my favorite.
"Little Billy's not my lover."

Sick white f**ker.

I agree. He's just totally creepy. Those dumb jurors said, 'Who would put their kids into that kind of situation?' Yeah, it's true, those parents are ignorant curs jumping on the bandwagon but it's not about them, it's about Jackson. Just because he's the 'King of Pop' doesn't mean he can go around sleeping with little kids!!!

:wall: :mad: :rant: :down: :nonono:
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Honestly, the parents should be put in jail for putting their child in such a situation.

I'm not suprised by the outcome one bit though.

It's just another in a string of celebrity trials that all end the same.