WWE Vengeance 2005 Predictions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Bombshell

WWE Vengeance 2005 Predictions

Post by Bombshell »

In a stunning (and therefore unbelievable) move, Vince McMahon has actually done the impossible and managed to cobble together a Raw PPV that, despite repeating a main event that we all know the outcome to, actually has me excited for the first time in a long while. Honestly, I'd never thought I'd be excited about a PPV that had the words "HHH" and "main event" in it.

Anyways, here's the predicitions:

Hell In A Cell For The World Championship: Triple H vs. Batista: If this is indeed the last time we see this match, then I pray to God two things happen: Batista retains the title and busts Triple H up so bad that he'll be on the shelf for the better part of the next two years.

Winner: Batista.

WWE Championship Match: John Cena vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho: The winner of this match is most likely going to Smackdown, so it can really go either way. But I'm kinda getting used to Cena being on Raw and Captain Charisma doesn't deserve to work the second tier show, so I'm gonna say Jericho will win, followed by being drafted to Smackdown. But like I said, I base this choice on the suspected belief that Jericho's going to Smackdown sometime soon. (More than likely after Carlito coming to Raw, as we can't have the Cabana and the Hightlight Reel on the same show.) In the end, it doesn't really matter to me, although I'll have a full blown mark out if Christian wins. He certainly deserves it.

Winner: Either Jericho or Christian.

IC Championship: Carlito Carribean Cool vs. Shelton Benjamin: I gotta question why they decided to drop the title to Carlito on Monday. (Not that it wasn't necessary, though, as Benjamin has had it for over eight months with very little competition to justify having it for that long.) It would have made more sense if they had Benjamin retain on Raw, have this match, and then have Carlito gain it. Eh, whatever. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

Winner: Benjamin.

Kane vs. Edge: Dear God Almight On A Pointy Stick, why is this happening? This has gotta be the most stupid thing I ever heard. And to think there was a time when I actually like Lita, both as a performer and as a person. Anyways, nobody involved in this is gonna come away from it in a good way, but I'm gonna have to pick Edge simply because he's the "it" guy right now. (Expect much chanting of "We Want Matt" during the whole thing, too. Don't expect it to actually happen, though.)

Winner: Edge
Real Winner: Nobody

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels: I can't really decide who I want to win this match more. I mean, it was so good at Wrestlemania that I never expected to see it again. Vince isn't exactly known for doing a good thing again. Anyways, gotta pick Michaels for no other reason that he jobbed (which doesn't exactly happen every day) at Wrestlemania and is looking to get his payment. But hell, I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it.

Winner: Michaels

Victoria vs. Christy

This has "filler" written all over it. And as much as I like Christy (and am probably the only one out there who does), I gotta say that Victoria is more likely to win. And if they don't bring her out to T.A.T.U, I'm gonna have such a :wtf: moment. I mean, they used that when she was crazy before, and she's clearly gone over the deep end again...

Winner: Victoria.
Baxter

Re: WWE Vengeance 2005 Predictions

Post by Baxter »

Hell In A Cell For The World Championship: Triple H vs. Batista: HHH doesen't lose Hell in a Cell Matches. Someone will get hurt though.

Winner:Trips

WWE Championship Match: John Cena vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho: Winner goes to Smackdown. I'm hoping its Cena since I'm really tired of him and the only thing I like about him are the signs that someone in the crowd holds up displaying their dislike in him.

Winner:Jericho

IC Championship: Carlito Carribean Cool vs. Shelton Benjamin: Now Carlito, I like.
I burst out in laughter at his answer to what's her name's question about how he beat Benjamin. "Are you crazy? I pinned him one, two, tree. Now go get me an apple."

Winner: Carlito

Kane vs. Edge: Meh. If Matt comes out, it'll rock. Other than that. Snoozefest

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels: Angle is a wrestling god!

And HBK is still cool too.
So HBK will get his payback for Angle, because Kurt understands the concept of putting other wrestlers over for the greater good. Yet another reason he's better than HHH.

Winner: Michaels

Victoria vs. Christy
I don't care, so....

*flips coin*

Winner: Victoria. [/B]

Viscera and Lillian Garcia
Go big Vis!

Winner: Viscera!
Bombshell

Re: Re: WWE Vengeance 2005 Predictions

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Baxter
HHH doesen't lose Hell in a Cell Matches.

Yes, he does.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Kane vs. Edge:

Real Winner: Nobody

True on so many levels.
Ignavus
Protoform

Post by Ignavus »

Victoria vs. Christy

Wait, women's title, what? We have one of those?

Who deserves to win: My gal, Viccie
Who probably will win: Christy, 'cause she lost at WMXXI, 'cause she was doing terribly... so now she deserves a win? Wait... that doesn't make any sense... and I'm the one that thought of it. I'm changing my vote.
Winner: Victoria

Mmmm... stream of conscious.

IC Title: Triple C (c) vs. Shelton Benjamin

Bombers - CCC won on Raw because of the amusing dualism. First night of SD - US title. First night on Raw - IC title. It's great bragging rights for him. CCC isn't that great in the ring, but that's not where he is a GOLDEN GOD, and we all know it.

Shelty losing on Raw, and here through some cheap method, isn't an insult to him. It frees him up for the big dogs, and I can't wait.

I love both these guys.

Winner: Triple C (I'm gonna keep calling him that, because he's everything Triple H is not... entertaining).

Edge vs. Kane

YOU SCREWED MATT!

Dammit... I'm still angry about that.

Winner: Edge's wang, for getting to bang Lita.
Loser: All us MF'ers.
Winner of the match: Kane. After all, "He's baaaaaack." It'd be rather silly if he lost now.
Only way anyone actually wins: If V1 actually shows up, and Twists of Fates everything that moves (even Kane... he started this, remember).

WWE Title Match: Cena (c) vs. Jericho vs. Christian

I was very proud of myself for having come up with the same thought process everyone else did. Whoever wins, goes to Smackdown. Carlito on Raw means Jericho to Smackdown due to their interview segments. Yay! I'm developing into a full blown mark. Yay loss of independent thought! I'm so proud of me.

Cena losing his title now seems kinda soon, but maybe that's the after effects of JBL's REIGN OF ETERNITY, and HHH'S DOMINATION OF RAW. I felt it important to capitalize those, dunno why.

Winner: Me. Because anyway this goes, I'll be happy. Though I'd prefer Christian or Y2J.
Person I pick just for evaluating how well I did after this is over: Cena

WH Title Match: Batista (c) vs. HHH

WTF? The rematch was legit, acceptable. But why does he get a second one?

"WHY WON'T YOU DIE?" ~ M. Myers, Austin Powers

Winner: Batista, or else its all been a waste. That and HHH got the win on Raw.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ H. Simpson
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Ignavus
Bombers - CCC won on Raw because of the amusing dualism. First night of SD - US title. First night on Raw - IC title. It's great bragging rights for him. CCC isn't that great in the ring, but that's not where he is a GOLDEN GOD, and we all know it.

Oh, yeah. That makes sense.
Winner: Triple C (I'm gonna keep calling him that, because he's everything Triple H is not... entertaining).

HA! :D!
Cena losing his title now seems kinda soon, but maybe that's the after effects of JBL's REIGN OF ETERNITY, and HHH'S DOMINATION OF RAW. I felt it important to capitalize those, dunno why.

I do. I don't think anyone else wants to, though. ;)
But why does he get a second one?

"WHY WON'T YOU DIE?" ~ M. Myers, Austin Powers

Look on the bright side. At least after this, it'll all be over.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Hell In A Cell For The World Championship: Triple H vs. Batista

I haven't missed on a PPV world championship match since I erroneously picked Booker T (going with my heart over my head) to clip the WWE Championship off JBL at the Survivor Series, and since every indication shows Batista holding onto the title, it's gotta be...

Winner: Batista.

WWE Championship Match: John Cena vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho

Am I the only person who enjoyed heel Cena about 500 times more than obnoxious face Cena? Christian deserves this more than anything (and so does Jericho, really), but I actually envision him winning the WWE Title after a proper feud at SummerSlam. Look for Cena to retain.

Winner: John Cena

IC Championship: Carlito Carribean Cool vs. Shelton Benjamin

Carlito's debut on Monday was great, and I love the symmetry of having him win the mid-level championship in his first Raw match just as he won the mid-level championship in his first Smackdown match - they're giving him the chance to put together the reign they had in mind on Smackdown before he blew out his shoulder in November.

Winner: Carlito

Kane vs. Edge

Who cares? They already did this match at Backlash 2005 and it was an abomination; there's no reason to think this time around will be any different, including the outcome. Edge will get the victory, undoubtedly with Lita's assistance, and be set up to cash in his world title shot at SummerSlam against Batista.

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

Their WrestleMania 21 match was easily the best of the night and possibly the best of the 2000's. While the rematch from a WrestleMania show-stealer is rarely as good as the original (Benoit/Michaels/HHH from last year being one example), this one should still be outstanding.

Winner: Shawn Michaels

Victoria vs. Christy

I love Victoria making it back onto PPV for the first time in a long time, but it's a shame her incredible talents are wasted on Christy. The only way I see a Hemme victory is if the new crop of Raw Diva Search contestants crash the ring en masse and turn the tide.

Winner: Victoria.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

WINNERS:

Batista
Cena
Edge
Carlito
HBK
Hemmy

That is all.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Originally posted by Bombshell
WWE Championship Match: John Cena vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho: The winner of this match is most likely going to Smackdown, so it can really go either way. But I'm kinda getting used to Cena being on Raw and Captain Charisma doesn't deserve to work the second tier show, so I'm gonna say Jericho will win, followed by being drafted to Smackdown. But like I said, I base this choice on the suspected belief that Jericho's going to Smackdown sometime soon. (More than likely after Carlito coming to Raw, as we can't have the Cabana and the Hightlight Reel on the same show.)

Don't be so sure about the WWE title going back to SmackDown.
According to 411wrestling:

Next week it will be Benoit vs. Booker vs. JBL vs. Taker vs. Hassan vs. Show for the new Smackdown! Heavyweight Championship

:eyebrow:
Xille
Protoform

Re: Re: WWE Vengeance 2005 Predictions

Post by Xille »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
See above

Could you give us some sort of a spoiler warning next time?

You not only ruined the draft pick, but a pretty cool event on Smackdown and probably the outcome of a match this Sunday.

It'd just be nice if you took extra care in the future.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: WWE Vengeance 2005 Predictions

Originally posted by Xille
Could you give us some sort of a spoiler warning next time?

You not only ruined the draft pick, but a pretty cool event on Smackdown and probably the outcome of a match this Sunday.

It'd just be nice if you took extra care in the future.

I wouldn't really call it a spoiler. It's just a match listed for next week's Smackdown. It doesn't give a winner or anything. And how the hell does it give the outcome to the match on Sunday? Anyone can still win even if the WWE title stays on RAW.
Ignavus
Protoform

Post by Ignavus »

It gave away the Hassan trade!

And it was totally a spoiler! Good thing I learned my lesson, and havent read anything here since Tuesday.
Vin Ghostal

right...

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Hassan...for the new Smackdown! Heavyweight Championship

I wouldn't really call it a spoiler.

You're an idiot.
Xille
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: Re: WWE Vengeance 2005 Predictions

Post by Xille »

I wouldn't really call it a spoiler. It's just a match listed for next week's Smackdown. It doesn't give a winner or anything. And how the hell does it give the outcome to the match on Sunday?
Everyone's already backed it up, but I'm going to bullet-point it.

1) You gave away the Hassan trade

2) The WWE Title is (well... was) Smackdown!'s Heavyweight title. I think everyone and their grandmother was expecting that title to go back in the draft. Now, while we would have found out that a new one was being made before Vengeance anyway, I would have preferred to have found out on Smackdown and been as amazingly annoyed then. Now, how could the WWE title go back to Smackdown? In the draft, of course! But how? Certainly not Cena going back, that would be a major cop-out. No, it was on Jericho or Christian to win the title and take it back to Smackdown. Two guys that everyone so desparately wants to win, but now, I don't think anyone really believes they have a chance. Now they're just back to being the Raw upper-mid card jobbers.

3) And, like I said, you ruined a large portion of Smackdown, since while you knew a few peeps would be coming out to challenge for that title, I don't think the masses would have guessed that it would've been everybody.
Anyone can still win even if the WWE title stays on RAW.
Anyone else laugh at this comment?

EDIT:

Seeing as this is a prediction thread, I guess I'll go ahead and do that, just so I'm not criticized for it, or something.

Batista - There aren't any faces left to challenge, save Cena. Though I wouldn't rule out unification at this point, I'm still going with the big man. I think Hunter has other things in his future.

Cena - I would have told you Jericho before Thursday. But now? Cena all the way. If you can't see him, you can't pin him.

Michaels - I'm not explaining this one anymore than everyone else has.

Christy - The women's title will (hopefully) be back soon, but I doubt that face Trish will return with it. Thus, we need a good, strong(?) face to fight for it. I could actually see Stratus come back to attack some of the RDS girls, only to have them be saved by Christy. Hello, Summerslam match.

Carlito - Because I have amazingly high hopes for him. He'll cheat to win again, of course, but Shelton won't care. He's got bigger and better feuds in his future. Hopefully with his old tag team's namesake.

Kane - I'm not entirely sure why I'm going with Kane... but I can tell you that I feel that he or Edge is headed to Smackdown in the near future.

And why the hell aren't the tag titles being defended? Didn't we have four tag teams at the last PPV? They couldn't make one feud out of four tag teams?

I just noticed that I picked 5 of 6 faces. That's certainly not good. It isn't Wrestlemania, is it?
Supreme Leader
Protoform

Post by Supreme Leader »

Cena Retains, cuz Jericho and Cristian suck, and cuz Cena is one of the top 3 wrestlers on Raw (other 2 are Batista and HBK)

HHH will get his ass handed to him, and a power bomb through the cage for his troubles, btw Batista wins

The Heart Break Kid Shawn Micheals (my fav. wrestler of all-time) will win, when he reverses out of the angle slam, while angle turns around, HBK will be tuning up the band, and Angle (worst of all-time) walks straight into some SCM, and Micheals gets the win
Autobots, transform and roll out.
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Why do you call Angle the "worst of all time"?
Ignavus
Protoform

Post by Ignavus »

Same reason he quotes the whole damn post.
Supreme Leader
Protoform

Post by Supreme Leader »

Originally posted by Xille
Why do you call Angle the "worst of all time"?

he sux, he thinks he is the best just cuz he was an olmypian, and he thought he could've torn through ECW back in the day, when in fact he would've gotten his ass kicked
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Ok...

Now, I'm going to ask this in all seriousness:

have you ever heard the terms "kayfabe", "gimmick", or "heat"?
Artwork by Jackpot, sig by Denyer. Both of them are awesome!
Click the sig to go to Jackpot's site.
Supreme Leader
Protoform

Post by Supreme Leader »

if ur trying to ask if i know wrestling is fake then ya, of course its all fake, ever bit of it, i'm just expressing my dislike of Kurt, is that a problem