Protoform

Best Optimus Prime

Post by Supreme Leader »

who earns the title
Autobots, transform and roll out.
Mega Starscream
Protoform

Post by Mega Starscream »

i'm gonna go with Optimal Optimus. I first really got into tf during season 3 of Beast Wars, and he left a really cool impresssion
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

Any Gary Chalk Optimus Prime/al.
G1 Prime was a brick-headed cowboy who stood around going "I dunno" while rubbing his chin.
He also admitted to being inept without the Matrix.

No other Primes needed the matrix to be intelligent or a good military leader.

Prime in Armada allowed his body to be fried into space dust to stop a cannon shot that would have taken out half of earth.

And in Energon, he went on to battle Unicron, fist to fist, KNOWING he would fail...but he kept fighting. That's a leader.
He even shoved Omega out of the battle, and created a clone powersuit to keep the real Omega from being injured.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I should think the original Prime would be the best because without him the other Primes wouldn't exist as the creators would have made up some other guy to be the leader.

And if not the original then it should be the Armada version because he is my second favourite Optimus Prime.
Destruction is my specialty
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

That really doesn't make any sense.
So by your logic, a Pentium 4 isn't as good as the processor in a Commodore 64, because without the Commodore 64, Personal Computers wouldn't exist?

Same goes for video games. You think the Atari is a better game console than a Nintendo Gamecube?

First does not equal best.

G1 Prime seems weak to me, as in the film...he totally misses the huge Unicron crisis on Cybertron because he spent his final moments being punched to death by a B-movie Megatron.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

First off, this is my opinion and in my opinion a Prime who doesn't require add-ons to when a fight.

I understand what your saying but a lot of people don't even use any logic in any of these threads.
Piss weak argument I know, but I'm tired and I haven't thought out my reply, so bugger it.

I'll probably argue more on this later if I feel like it.
Destruction is my specialty
Mega Starscream
Protoform

Post by Mega Starscream »

Originally posted by HeavyArms
First off, this is my opinion and in my opinion a Prime who doesn't require add-ons to when a fight.

But Optimus didn't win, he got stomped by Megs because Hot Rod is an idiot. Personally, if i was Optimus, i woulda shot Megs and Hot Rod.
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

Take note that in Energon, when Ironhide disobeyed in a time of crisis, Prime knocked him on his ass.
Disobeying in a time of crisis leads to sour outcomes and unecessary death.
G1 Prime shoulda known that, and HotRod would probably not have even been around for that scene in the movie.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I always liked G1 Optimus Prime and Primal equallay they were both a leaders and a friend to the troops.

RiD was the dumbest one of all time how many Autobots were there about 20-30 and he couldn't lead them to defeat 11 Preada/Decepticons?!

Armada/Energon Prime as always seemed a little cold and distant to me.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

i'm going with Primal :glance: as he was really the first "Optimus" i saw on TV:)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Right, I've avoided this one for a little bit, but Well, here I go:

First off, no one's opinion is wrong. I don't care if someone says "I like G1 Prime because of his head design with the toy." It's a valid reason, no less than anyone elses - so don't put someone down because you don't like their response.

As a clarification: Prime did win the battle against Megatron. Megs was beat, and on his knees. Prime went for his gun and was going to blow him away. Unfortunatly Hot Rod showed up, and we all know what happened. Still, Prime beat down Megs.

Anyway - personally, I love Beast Machines Primal. This was a Primal who, in the first season, was so Fanatical - he destroyed the whole bloody planet! He forcibly tried to reformat Megatron, twice! He followed a flawed, fanatical idea to it's terminal end. Then, when he realized the mistakes he made, he still had the strength to sacrifice it all. He stood against the energy and gave his own life, freely, to stop it all. Primal was more than a 2D stereo type that was used in G1, G2, Armada and Energon (even GF to an extent) - Primal was flawed. He made mistakes and had the conviction and courage to stand up after the mistakes kicked him in the nuts and do what was right. That doesn't just make him a hero - that makes him a legend.

At the end of the second season he stood against Megatron. His friends were gone, the sparks were gone and Megatron was a GOD. Primal knew that to end it all, he had to sacrifice it. Did he run? Did he powerlink with 300 other Transformers and grow to the same power of the Mad God he was to fight? Hell no, he EMBRACED his foe and opened him up to the grace - now, that's just bad ass.

But, that's just for Prime\Primal\Convoy's. If we're going for Autobot\Cybertron leader: Dai Atlas, all the way. Kills 4 Decepticon lords in the first episode with out blinking! No wonder I RP him lol.
Lord Gyconi
Protoform

Post by Lord Gyconi »

Originally posted by Bodycount

Same goes for video games. You think the Atari is a better game console than a Nintendo Gamecube?
Actually, just about anything would be better than a Gamecube! :p
First does not equal best.
Agreed. I care not for who did it first, but rather, for who done it best. Which is to say, Optimus Primal, and then A-E-C Optimus Prime.

Primal because he preserved the timeline and brought his Maximals back to Cybertron in BW, defeated Megatron and his Vehicon hordes in BM, and finally was resurrected by Primus and made into his champion to lead the Cybertronians against Unicron's collected forces in Universe.

And A-E-C Prime for being portrayed more realistically as a leader of a military than any of the other Primes, aswell as having the guts to take on Unicron.
Originally posted by Brave Maximus

First off, no one's opinion is wrong.
The existance of Republicans and creationists prove otherwise. :p ;)
Civ

Post by Civ »

I've always had a soft spot for the original Optimus Prime myself. He was the big, kind leader who could kick a whole lot of ass. He was tough but not invulnerable and he wasn't afraid to make the...well okay...supposedly ultimate sacrifice. In the comics, he came into conflict with his morals fairly often while trying to ponder over doing the right thing and I've found that interesting. This could also lead to him making very unpopular decisions with the other Autobots such as not destroying the Megatron/Ratchet amalgamation or surrendering the Autobots to Scorponok in order to open up negotiations with the Decepticons to discuss Unicron's arrival soon to come.

He also didn't require combining with other Autobots in order to win a battle. Yes, later on in the comics, he was given an upgrade to Powermaster where he could combine with his trailer but he didn't need that power to win battles. I'm not saying the power didn't come in handy, but it wasn't really needed for him to do his job with possibly the sole exception of him beating down an almost unstoppable Galvatron. Prime tended to use his mind as was shown in the comics as well as the cartoon.

In the cartoon, he didn't rely on the Matrix in order to make decisions as shown in the comics and most of the cartoon save for Season 4 and the tail-end of Season 3. Up until the movie, we didn't even know the Matrix was in his chest. Season 3 did have him going into the Matrix in order to find the solution to destroy the hate plague while Season 4 had him use the Matrix to access Vector Sigma and Alpha Trion to receive a bit of guidance from Alpha Trion. Neither time I have a problem with since Prime didn't know what the hate plague was and neither did anyone else; however, he has access to this library in his chest that has knowledge spanning millions of years that may have an answer. What's so wrong with accessing it? The other time, he used the Matrix to talk to Alpha Trion who was in Vector Sigma. Let's see, we just had a small unleashing of energy that knocked an Autobot shuttle millions of miles and it's quite some time until they get around to dealing with it. While the Decepticons that eventually became Targetmasters and Headmasters followed a particle trail, they were practically on the heels of the Autobots the whole time; however, that doesn't mean the Autobots back on Cybertron could do the same thing since the particle trail could have dispersed. So what do you do? Let's ask the thing that's been keeping tabs on the key for quite some time and hit up their old buddy who just happens to say an "oh by the way" and warning Prime of the raw energy that messes up anything that can transform and only organic life is unaffected. How was he supposed to know that without a bit of guidance? This further showed that Prime doesn't know everything and that he does require help at times.

He also wasn't mistake free and was shown grieving over the loss of Ratchet in one issue. The death by winning a video game but sacrificing other computer generated characters to do it; therefore, he lost and should be destroyed would most likely also be considered a mistake. Even in the cartoon, he makes a mistake right in the opening episodes of "More Than Meets the Eye" where he thought Megs would fall for the whole "fake base" trick.

On a more superficial note, he also had one of the coolest scenes in the movie, if not the coolest. I mean charging a lot of Decepticons, shrugging off a few hits, doing some explosive transformation that sends him airborne, taking out...I think 5...Decepticons while in mid-air and finishing off the rest. Then, he beats down Megatron and if it wasn't for Hot Rod being overly eager to help, he might (key-term here) have survived the post-fight. This was also recently discussed in the G1 folder here.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
UltraRodimus-Magnus
Protoform

Post by UltraRodimus-Magnus »

Prime From the Original G1 Comic is KING!!!! of sll the Primes
The key to Vector Sigma
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

I like G1 Prime the best.
He doesn't babysit like Armada Prime (Spike's dad was almost always around)
He treads were every Prime from RID to current would be afraid to, like having a couple Autobots blast him a path through a rainforest where Armada Prime was all weepy about the trees!
He has the coolest Optimus Rifle, with that unmistakeable sound.
To get someplace far away he actually uses his vehicle mode, and sometimes uses it as a weapon!
The only thing you ever see him combine with is his trailer!
The best Optimus death scene,(Armada Prime's was a close second)
Once came back as a Zombie! ;)
Had actually once put Earth in grave danger to save Cybertron.
UltraRodimus-Magnus
Protoform

Post by UltraRodimus-Magnus »

Originally posted by Bodycount
Any Gary Chalk Optimus Prime/al.
G1 Prime was a brick-headed cowboy who stood around going "I dunno" while rubbing his chin.
He also admitted to being inept without the Matrix.

No other Primes needed the matrix to be intelligent or a good military leader.

Prime in Armada allowed his body to be fried into space dust to stop a cannon shot that would have taken out half of earth.

And in Energon, he went on to battle Unicron, fist to fist, KNOWING he would fail...but he kept fighting. That's a leader.
He even shoved Omega out of the battle, and created a clone powersuit to keep the real Omega from being injured.

You do know in the original G1 comic Prime did prighty mutch everything that Energon prime did with Unicron. G1 prime flew right in the mouth of Unicron with the matrix Blowing Unicron up and Destroying him self for that mater to save cybertron and the rest of the galaxy.

G1 prime of the original comic is 50000 times greater than the one of Armada an Energon
The key to Vector Sigma
Lord Gyconi
Protoform

Post by Lord Gyconi »

Originally posted by UltraRodimus-Magnus
You do know in the original G1 comic Prime did prighty mutch everything that Energon prime did with Unicron. G1 prime flew right in the mouth of Unicron with the matrix Blowing Unicron up and Destroying him self for that mater to save cybertron and the rest of the galaxy.

G1 prime of the original comic is 50000 times greater than the one of Armada an Energon
Yes, G1 comic Prime died while fighting Unicron whereas E Prime fought Unicron and lived, that's suggests that E Prime is the superior Prime.

Not that it matters much, as Primal beats them both.
Bandit
Protoform

Best Optimus

Post by Bandit »

:cool:I like the original Optimus Prime better than the other Optimuss'.