First look at BotCon exclusives - number five: Dreadwind!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

looks nice, about what i was expecting.
Come on and wind me up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Damn, the blue looks almost spot-on. ****, I was really hoping BotCon went for the **** cartoon pale blue - I actually like the look of that thing.

Who honestly wouldn't have preferred Thundercracker or Skywarp for the mould roll-out, instead of yet another ****ing Starscream.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I want it.

****s!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Mine! Mine! MINE!!!!!

*Sobs hopelessly*

Darn those Botcon people to heck! :wall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clay

Post by Clay »

That doesn't actually look too hard. After looking over Starscream and Skywarp, they don't seem too difficult to disassemble, aside from a hoard of pins.

If I can ever find another Starscream, I may try making my own.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Thundercracker.
http://www.botcon.com/

Previously revealed toys are archived here:
http://www.botcon.com/BotCon07preview.cfm
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Sorry, I just had to do it (for fun, but mainly out of morbid curiosity - since, chances are, I won't own the complete set). They look so lovely together :(
ImageImage
Though, it does illustrate nicely what has been done to help differentiate (aside from base color, of course) from each other. The designers did a pretty nice job on this one, even has the glittery blue hue the '84 version had. Almost makes up for the lack of decals that the new 'Warps and Screamer have in jet mode. I personally appreciate that the designers opted for a slightly more '84 toy look. It's neat!

edited
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well, I want Thundercracker. And to be brotally honest, that's the only one in this set I really want. Mainly because I've never had all three of the original Seekers in any form(Bleeping Armada shipping problems.... I liked those molds).

So, I'm going to try to get BotCon Thundercracker the same way I got BotCon Ironhide. Off to eBay!

The plus side this time being that I don't have a brake job to pay for....... :D
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Heinrad
And to be brotally honest, that's the only one in this set I really want.

Only one most people are really after, at a guess. Question is whether the club could make more selling this as a single figure (with markup) than they would on [x] number of sets, pushing people to buy as part of a box.

Either way, for a large chunk of the fandom, the burning smell in the air at the moment is more likely to be napalm or goodwill than celebratory firecrackers.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Man it isn't fair! Why can't they just release these toys? Both Dirge and Thundercracker are execellent top notch repaints! Now I'm going to have to hope like hell some rich bastard goes to the Botcon and spends up large and re-sells them on ebay to me or something.

I can't repaint things because I want the packaging!

Oh woe is me, woe is me!
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

This is really a bummer as far as Thundercracker goes...I'd love to have that figure to complete the trinity of seekers. How much do you think that one figure will end up going for on the likes of eBay?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I reckon we're talking a lot, simply because a lot of people will want him and there won't be too many spares floating around. I mean, these have to be the first ever genuinely desireable BotCon redecos. I wouldn't be surprised to see one reach 3 figures.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I need to join the club and register for my non-attendee package. I definitely want the other three seekers, and I never saw Classics Jetfire in stores.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Oh, damn! Thundercracker looks awesome. All we need now to complete the set of '85 Seekers is Thrust. I don't know if they'll go through making a remolded set of wings but just a straight repaint from the Ramjet mold would be nice. Knowing my luck, they'll make another f***ing Sunstorm instead since he's just a repaint. Personally, I'll take Ramjet over Sunstorm any day.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Civ
they'll make another... Sunstorm

God, I hope so. I need me a 'nother one.

Wow, Thundercracker looks awesome. Dirge looks, meh.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I like both Dirge and Thundercracker, but i have gotten over it. I have more important Movie Toys to buy anyways.

Thanks for the side-by-side pics, Zigzagger (formerly Rubicon). Very cool to see hao just a few different paint apps can totally alter the look.
Come on and wind me up.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Actually, if you join the club, the total price for the Iacon package is $10 LESS (including club membership) than if you just buy the Iacon package as a non-member. Kind of a no-brainer in that score.

Even though I'm getting the Iacon package, I'm not able to attend... so I'm a bit concerned about the remaining exclusives and their price.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Thundercracker looks great, but I do prefer the Skywarp release, if only for the purple stripe breaking the monotony of the tail fins... but, damn he does look good!

Ach well...

International membership along with the package is a lot of money though.

I am still more interested in Thrust, though. I was never a huge Thundercracker fan anyhoo (but would love him all the same - the glinting blue is very cool!), but that maroon conehead, now that is a different story...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by zigzagger
edit: Well, you get where I'm coming from. But hey, if you do get it - we want pictures!

I'll see what I can do. My camera's pretty carptastic, but I'll try.
The Nemesis Scourge
Protoform

Post by The Nemesis Scourge »

I like em...

However,

I wish they followed the different patterns/decals each bot had in jet form like the Classics line up did. It made them look more unique from each other.

Perhaps to difficult to do?

At any rate, a nice tribute to the G1 color scheme, as well as the resembling decals to the originals... They even put the rubby symbol in the mid area of the figures.