What is your favorite part in the '86 movie?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Soundwave110088
Protoform

What is your favorite part in the '86 movie?

Post by Soundwave110088 »

my favorite part in the movie is when optimus prime and megatron fight.....:laugh: [ in the beggining]
Hound

Post by Hound »

My favorite part is when the Decepticons bust into the shuttle and start killing Autobots. Brutal scene. Shame the rest of the movie couldn't have been as good.
Ackula

Re: What is your favorite part in the '86 movie?

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Soundwave110088
my favorite part in the movie is when optimus prime and megatron fight.....:laugh: [ in the beggining]

Did they fight at the end as well?

But at any rate my favorite scene has to be Starscream's coronation, and Galvatrons very often qouted one-liner.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

End credits[/obvious joke]

Nah, probably the bit before the Prime/megs fight - that always fizzled slightly after Prime's mental charge through the Decepticon ranks. Oh, and the 20-30 seconds the Dinobots are flying towards Devastator - before they all walk into walls etc. and you remember the ****stain is set in the cartoon universe and they're a bunch of twats.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

When Megatron and Unicron first meet.

The dialogue was fantastic!
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

The autobots and the junk transformers dancing. It was funny :D
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

The opening sequence with Unicron. It did a wonderful job setting up this new menace and placed him in a larger context than just Cybertron ... which was promptly fumbled by hack writers who couldn't be bothered to give him the lines he deserved after his little talk with Megatron (funny how he was able to sneak up on Megs too ... that's one stealthy planet).

The low point was when the Big U inarticulately roars ... it kinda reminded me of of someone else yelling "Khaaaaan!"
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I guess I always wanted to question how the 'Cons managed to catch up to the ship enroute to earth, then tear through the hull....

but Devastator and the Dinobots, takes the cake.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Grimlock geting it on with a Junkion.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
The Nemesis Scourge
Protoform

Post by The Nemesis Scourge »

"Oh how it pains me to do this...."

"Wait...I still function..."

"Wanna bet?"

"Staaaaarscreeeeeeeeam!"
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Perceptor transforming to vince dicolas' soundtrack. about 2 seconds long. awesome.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

My favorite part never actually made it IN the movie.. it was the test footage of the Decepticon forces (including more generic cons than you can shake a stick at) rushing the city. That one SHOT was awesome.

As for what's in the movie, probably the first part of the battle on Autobot City. It always struck me that the writers ran out of steam right after Prime's death and Galvatron's creation.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
Perceptor transforming to vince dicolas' soundtrack. about 2 seconds long. awesome.

For some reason, I always found that bit really cool too... the film, across the board, drops the ball big time after most of the original cast leave... the soundtrack, especially in Autobot City, seems to have been very delicately composed in line with what's actually happening on screen (the music when Blurr's doing his schtick, or Hot Rod's on LOOKOUT MOUNT-TIN [sorry, just the way Nelson says it cracks me up without fail... it sounds like it has a little 'TM' on the end] synchs really nicely too)... later on the same stuff just seems to be used with less discretion, or we've got the poorer batch of songs...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I think I've mentioned before that when I gave my old VHS to a friend who was at uni random vistors would have him put it on and they'd often watch the first half an hour of the film but usually switch it off after Prime's death.

And the Perceptor thing is cool. He really should have been leader...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

True. now that I think of it, most of the autobot city battle scenes' timing was impeccable. It's like I still blurt out everyones' lines and do the sound effects over the top of the O.S.T. when I stick it on... feels like it's missing something otherwise.

I've been like, trying unsucessfully to emulate the post-processing on the voices and FX, and even 20-odd years later, I'm still boggled by the work they did.

Still thinking Perceptor on a par with Shockwave would have been sweet... 4 million years on cybertron together, they must have met up... hmm...
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'll probably sound pretty shallow saying this but my favorite part is Optimus Prime's charge through Autobot City. Particularly, when the explosion in his ass occurs that sends him skyward and he starts shooting Decepticons while in mid-air.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Civ
I'll probably sound pretty shallow saying this but my favorite part is Optimus Prime's charge through Autobot City. Particularly, when the explosion in his ass occurs that sends him skyward and he starts shooting Decepticons while in mid-air.

That's what I love about it... it's all effortless and efficient, he's, like, Batman. No need to look around, he knows what he's doing. No wasted movement, no peppering the entire area with pointless shots, he just takes out a fair chunk of the Decepticon army (yeh, let's ignore, in the interests of poetic licence, that the term is a joke in reference to the cartoon) in about 20 seconds flat.

As to why he never did it 20 years earlier... erm, well, SHUT UP THE CARTOON IS A ****ING CLASSIC DUDE.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Civ

I love that bit too. Though my favorite part actually is the Prime/Megs battle, just because that's what you'd been waiting to see for two seasons (can't say years, I saw 'em first on DVD) to watch, with the next best thing being that tw0-second bit on the dam.

I enjoy the Lookout Mountain bit though, just because the writer's hard-on for sh***y names placed Autobot City within 30-50 miles of my house. :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookout_Mountain
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I always thought it was somewhere up in the northwest, close to where the Ark landed...

I never really questioned it, but .. hmm...
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Actually, having been to "Lookout Mountain", it actually looks the part. Aside from the big ol' gold city/fortress, mind you.