First look at BotCon exclusives - number five: Dreadwind!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
numbat

Post by numbat »

some weird hybrid of a classics toy and an e-hobby recolor

with a Gobot homage in the name, of course. ;)

I'm keen on the whole set, although Bugbite less so than the rest. I have always liked Dreadwind, but can easily see why people would dislike the colours! The craziness is just one of the reasons I like him!

But, too much money... I would try my best to get hold of Alpha Trion if he is real though!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The Nemesis Scourge
Protoform

Post by The Nemesis Scourge »

Honestly when I first saw the bot mode, I was thinking Sixshot not Dreadwind. Not sure why. Probably because their color schemes are quite similar to each other. Come to think of it, a lot of Deceps were similar to this color layout at that point of time in the G1 toyline when guys like Dreadwind were out. Nothing says evil like pretty pastel colors let me tell you!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Looks to me as Botcon blew its load early in this reveal series. The Seekers were causing drool-fests, but Bug Byte and Dreadwind are definitely less exciting.
Gets the pre-orders sold, doesn't it?

I think there'll be an eBay glut for anyone who wants non-seeker main set stuff.

Minus the battle helmet, I like it. It's not something I'd pay much for, but I don't have the Jetfire mould yet...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I've got Jetfire, and while this does look kind of cool..... eh. I'd have done a different FAST-pack setup for Dreadwind. Maybe a single heavy booster, like Skyfire's toon model.

And, since we can only hope they make Darkwing, how will they form Dreadwing?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Robo-yaoi?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

To be really honest I'm liking all these figures, of course the seekers more than the others. Its a damn shame Botcon can't be closer to home for me. I just hope there is some sort of exclusive for the SDCC since I shall be attending that.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

No little Hi-Test figure? Aw...
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Thats awesome!
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

well, being in the uk i am not going to be able to get to botcon and snail mailing the iacon package request to the usa is prob not gonna reach them until the sets are sold out, so it looks like i'll be paying even more for the sets that end up on ebay, dammit!

i do actually like all 5 in the pack, i am actually very impressed with the whole classics line and look forward to loads more.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I think there'll be an eBay glut for anyone who wants non-seeker main set stuff.

Hope you're right. As long as somebody's not taking the piss, I would pick Dreadwind up happily. :)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I really need to fax over my registeration form today. Just filled it out.

EDIT: Fax't to the max't.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Denyer
Robo-yaoi?

*takes away all of Denyer's manga*
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The original Dreadwind is awesome. Any version of Dreadwind is awesome. This new Dreadwind is awesome.

It's the next best thing to having Flywheels as part of the set.

If you disagree with this, you are wrong.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
*takes away all of Denyer's manga*
That'd be pretty easy, as I don't own any.

I am at least noddingly familiar with most online lexicons.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Brendocon
The original Dreadwind is awesome. Any version of Dreadwind is awesome. This new Dreadwind is awesome.

It's the next best thing to having Flywheels as part of the set.

If you disagree with this, you are wrong.

Battltrap and Flywheels would be intriguing, but how would you do Duocons from existing modern molds. (Engeron Jetfire and Ironhide maybe as a stretch - and then using very unpopular molds at that...)

I would settle for a 'Universe/Classics' Battletrap figure - with a repaint of that being Flywheels... but I seriously doubt we're going to see the Duocons toy-homaged in another way.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Battltrap and Flywheels would be intriguing, but how would you do Duocons from existing modern molds.

Same way they've made a Powermaster?

Comics Flywheels wasn't even depicted as splitting - he was just treated as a Triplechanger.

The character is what is important, not the gimmick.

And Battletrap's rubbish.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Well, Dreadwind is easy to imagine without his powermaster... particularly if you're like most kids of the 80s and lost him anyway. :)

The Duocons are a bit more intensive to go with. You could probably do a Flywheels repaint of a 'classics' Blitzwing figure, though. The Powerlinx feature from Energon could work too - IF there were vehicle modes that were appropriate at deluxe scale, and the Ironhide and Jetfire molds are kinda suckish...

But, heck, Classics Dreams is a line all its own, too. :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, it seems like in the laster run of the comics, the nebulans were pretty much forgotten, anyway.

Though, the preview of the comic explains why no Hi-Test pretty awesomely.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Well, it seems like in the laster run of the comics, the nebulans were pretty much forgotten, anyway.

Though, the preview of the comic explains why no Hi-Test pretty awesomely.

"Ick" maybe, but not sure about "Awesome". Good throw-away line, though.

As for the Nebulans, having just done nearly all of the Masterforce characters (aside from the pretender beasts and vehicles) as icons - well, I can SEE why they were forgotton. HOW many were there? And most were non-characters to BEGIN with.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by RID Scourge

Heh, I remember having a long-running battle with... someone... (yeh, I don't remember it that well) back in the day about the '88 TMs not being TMs in the comic (which they weren't). Mind, the bum steer in the later issues is that there's all this fuss about the bonding of the Powermaster process, but it doesn't actually seem to affect anyone but Prime... Ditto with Scorponok and Zarak's ongoing internal struggle, and all the other Headmasters just standing around like drones. Silly Simon. No doubt it's someone else's fault, though...