Ac/dc

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
LeoPrime
Protoform

Ac/dc

Post by LeoPrime »

Anybody like them?
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

yep.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Yeah, they were my favorite band for a while, still one of my most played, though I prefer Guns n' Roses, and Queen's my favorite band at the moment.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not massively. Never got into Megadeth either... and there are scores of cultish bands I've never really gone out and made the effort to listen to.

They sound like nice people.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

[.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Hell, I probably can't even tell you the names of all the members of some of the bands I like.

Me either. Even Queen I only know Freddie Mercury, Brian May, and that one of them may, or may not have the last name Deacon. I only know Angus and Malcolm Young through sharing a last name with them, and Axl Rose and Slash through them having teh awesomest names evar. Of course, there's also Ozzy Osbourne and David Bowie, but they don't really count.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
I like metal. A lot. But I hardly ever find myself dedicated to a single band. You know, buy every one of their albums, memorize every song...Hell, I probably can't even tell you the names of all the members of some of the bands I like. I think the only band I'm "dedicated" to is White/Rob Zombie, but even then, not that much.

I know most of the names of people in my top three bands... that's about it, really. And metal I really go for variety with -- it gets samey more quickly than other genres IMO. Playlists are where it's at rather than albums...

Though a concentrated stretch of something like Alec Empire or CoF is refreshing.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

No, can't say that I am much of a fan - but I have seen Hells Belles a couple of times when they've came into town. They were fantastic. Really.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I grew up in an area where AC/DC was played/beaten to death, and it turned me off them for good.
that and this guy who was all of 4-10 that sat across from me at my old job would play it every day, just to piss me off.
that live CD made it's way into the parking lot from our third floor window somehow...:glance:
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I like AC/DC. Though usually I listen to the live albums. I found that from most of the studio ones I like one or two tracks and that's it. Exception being Back In Black and The Razors Edge.

I make it a point to at least know who sing and plays guitar in the bands that I have more than passable interest in. :) I never know who's the current drummer in AC/DC though. They seem to change them lately a lot. I know I got autograph from one of them, Chris Slade, when he was here with ASIA two years ago.

As for Megadeth, I actually listened to two albums this week, one from the beginning of their career and one from later on. I liked the latter more, since I really don't dig this thrash thing much.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

absolutely love ac/dc, from the early stuff - jailbreak, tnt, sin city, girls got rhythmn, to the newer stuff - stiff upper lip, thunderstruck, big gun.

never seen them live though which is a shame
join me on myspace!!!! http://www.myspace.com/jezzy_bravo

if you get chance check out my eBay auctions...... http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjezzy_bravoQQhtZ-1
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Originally posted by Mirage
absolutely love ac/dc, from the early stuff - jailbreak, tnt, sin city, girls got rhythmn, to the newer stuff - stiff upper lip, thunderstruck, big gun.

never seen them live though which is a shame

Concur with this man. Like Alice Cooper, there's always at least one track worth listening to on any given album.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."