New Dr. Smoov vids

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... enumber=10

Guess "TF videos on YouTube" was a little too obscure a title, eh?
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Been awhile since Dr. Smoov has done anything, hasn't he? As usual, a little heavy on the profanity. Yeah, it can be amusing, at moments, when character's from a children's show use them in a satirical context, but it's a bit gratuitous. It doesn't do much for its comedic value. It was was okay, though.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

"But what if Megatron cheats?". genius. Though the second one isn't something I could listen to more than three seconds of...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, I find them all to be a bit like that... it's the sort of stuff that's funny to adlib while watching episodes with mates or the like, but actually sitting down and watching the stuff when someone's pre-recorded it? It's like MST3K - the fun part is doing the stuff on the fly, not having someone belabouring the point...
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well neither of them are nearly as good as the earlier offerings. The other's just a bad music video based on a single joke from the other.

And the other one is basically poking fun at a single element of a single episode (that being Megatron's obvious intention to cheat in Heavy Metal War)...although Optimus Prime's Rude Awakening kinda did the same...but it's still not as funny as that one. And nowhere near as funny as Shockwave's Burden or SOS Wheeljack.
TSFC
Protoform

Post by TSFC »

The music video was irritating.

Heavy Metal Fight was absolutely hilarious. Literally laughing out loud here.

The language is harsh, but you have to admit...it's funny hearing your heroes say "Shut the f*ck up Chip!"

Heh.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I think Heavy Metal Fight had the potential to be funny but there was a lot of excess stuff that really wasn't necessary and gave the impression Smoov was trying too hard to get laughs. The cursing is really overdone.

The occassional curse here and there that's well-timed and fitting is alright and can be funny but when the videos rely almost entirely on cursing, the humor is lost. For instance, in Rude Awakening, I thought it was funny up till the part where he named Kup, "S***piece". The f-bomb that occurred when he first saw Wheelie or when he first learned of Unicron I'd consider examples of well-timed and fitting cursing. Afterwards, I thought that video went to crap.

For the other Smoov videos, I thought SOS Wheeljack had a couple of moments and Shockwave's Burden wasn't funny at all.

On another note, Soundwave's catchphrase is just annoying to me and detracted from the video. One time is fine, but repeating it over and over again is...well...ugh.

Side note: I thought most of the TF voices were fantastic imitations of the original voice actors. Soundwave's voice was particularly...shame he just kept repeating himself.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hound, some of your kids have shat on my lawn again, come clean it up!