Jazz Vs. Skywarp

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blaster_86

Jazz Vs. Skywarp

Post by Blaster_86 »

We see them fighting in the season 1 intro so what would happen if they actully fought.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this sig.
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Hound

Post by Hound »

I see a lot of trash talking going on in a fight like this. However, as much as I like Jazz as a character I got to give the win to Skywarp because of his aerial advantage and his teleport.

Hound

------------------
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Aerial yes but without Megatrons permision he won't teleport.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Dead Pool
Protoform

Post by Dead Pool »

Jazz is voiced by the Scatman. Thus, he wins. Image

------------------

"My next door neighbor was blasting Yanni at about three A.M....he eats through a tube now."

"Man, I gotta stop eatin' the whole box of pop tarts. I was okay when there were six in the box, but eight definitely plays tricks on my mind."

Deadpool - The Merc with a Mouth
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

In a fight, it would Skywarp all the way.

If it was one on one, Skywarp wouldn't worry about permission to teleport, cause there would be no one to stop him. So in the end, another victory for the seeker jets

------------------
Thanks to dai-atlas2000 for my sig
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Yeah, but how much do you guys think he can really use that ability before depleting his fuel to the point of exhaustion? Personally, I'm voting for Jazz (and disbelieving I'm commenting on a versus topic!) because of his competence and fighting capacity. Of course, my perception of his skills may be altered some by his performance in the comic series.

------------------
"In true honor of the emperor of destruction, I have set fire to my own couch." - Brawn
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

All seekers excluding Starscream were wussies. Jazz would boot-stomp him.

------------------
----------------------------------
Send comments, insults, taunts and death threats to:
Prowl?

---------------------------------------------------
Sig space courtesy of Thundercracker84
------------------------
screw geocities and Angelfire
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I plant myself firmly in the Jazz section here.

He could hand Skywarps @ss to him on a platter without having to blink twice.

Actually, to be fair, I think it would be an excellent fight, though Jazz would come out on top, even without his subspace pants of plenty.

Skywarp wasn't equipped too well in the brain department, so he may be little more than your average second rate thug.

Jazz on the other hand, was Mr. Special Operations Agent to the stars! Mr. Cool and daring, thus he wouldn't simply eliminate Skywarp... he would 'Jazz' up the fight.

Put simply, it would be an impressive bout with an obvious outcome. Bit like a Star Wars movie I suppose (discounting 'Empire' of course).

Regards,
Windcharger

------------------

[This message has been edited by Windcharger (edited 12-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Windcharger (edited 12-19-2001).]
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Post by Djar][aCho »

uhm, hehehe
hmmmmmmm,, well
never saw either of them lay too much smack down,, still ,,,,,
Jazz is the goodguy so i suppose if it were a G1 story he would win,, if it were a Bw story he would call for backup,, hide and get saved by a more powerfull ally,, if it were comics there would be much violence and a very open end :-)
lets say i think it would be interesting and we would end up finding jazz's chasis somewhere rusting,,, the noble hero laid to eternal rust,, uhm I mean rest :-)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Djar][aCho (edited 12-20-2001).]
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I've never had too much faith in the likes of Skywarp or Thundercracker in battle. Sure, Skywarp's powers should make him damn near unstoppable in theory, but he never once (in any continuity) put them to any good use. And no, I don't consider shooting Ironhide out of the air any sort of accomplishment.

While my perspective on Jazz may be a bit skewed because of his badass role in the comics, I'd still put my money on him any day. He was one of the Autobots' top guys in season 1 and 2, while Skywarp was pretty much around by default.

------------------
Starscreamsghost - Better Than You Since 1981
IM: Absolut Vaccaro
------------------------
Ain't nuthin but a gangsta party. --2Pac
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Post by Djar][aCho »

hmmmpmf
unfortunately SSG has a point,, still I think the seekers were more powerfull even in the tech specs were they not?

------------------
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

I also fall on the side of 'Flec, Sghost, et. al in favor of Jazz, for the reasons they have already explained.

When I was getting back in to Transfandom, I was (at one point) scrolling through all of Hex's Tech Specs. When I first saw Skywarp's, my impression was quite favorable.

Then, of course, seeing how he was portrayed in the cartoon in voice and action, my liking for him diminished.

The same thing happened when I saw Mixmaster's also...odd that both voiced by Frank Welker decreased my liking for them that the other way around.

Mr. Welker did a better job (I believe) using the 'punk' voice with Rumble and Frenzy then with Skywarp.

Anyone who was in Silverstreak gets my vote. Image

------------------
-------
" A confused enemy is a defeated enemy. "
dreadedhead
Protoform

Post by dreadedhead »

Of course SKYWARP would win....his teleport and firearm against jazz's stupid audio weapon (which always plays the same song!!)

AT LEAST JAZZZ GOT TO LIVE TILL THE END OF THE SERIES!!! SKYWARP GOT TURNED INTO A SWEEP!!!!! HOW DEGRADING!!!!!

------------------
dreadedhead
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Heh heh,

C'mon man! Skywarp was like the equivalent of the red shirt guy in the away missions from Kirk era Star Trek.

The only break the guy ever got was when Omega broke him. Cannon fodder that someone thought should have a name. And only once did he ever use his 'amazing' teleporting ability.

He was that dense that he only used it once! and asking permission? he was a Decepticon for matrix sake!

Jazz is Tony Soprano, Skywarps a bouncer at Bada Bing, and not a good one either.

Regards,
Windcharger
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Much as I like Skywarp, and despite having utilized him as an Autobot for RPG purposes, I gotta agree with the majority here and say Jazz would win. He's very smart, and would probably outwit and outlast Skywarp what with his sound abilities.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the new sig pic!
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Have a few beers, kick back, we'll have some fun; If ya smell what Red is cookin'!

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
-------------------------
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by dreadedhead:
Of course SKYWARP would win....his (which always plays the same song!!)

Same song but a good song Image.

------------------
FortressMaximus

Post by FortressMaximus »

Skywarp with the greatest of ease.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Jazz has the smarts and does anyone actually remember skywarp beating anyone on this own smarts (BAr Ironhide MTMTE Image)
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Jazz will win with style!

------------------

This is how Santa will see if you have been a nice person this year.