New Team for Fantastic Four

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
cflames89
Protoform

New Team for Fantastic Four

Post by cflames89 »

Millar and Hitch are teaming up again to bring us The Worlds Greatest Comic Book starting in January.

I enjoyed Millar and Hitch's run on Ultimates, despite the delays, and this time around, on a book that has always been monthly, Millar is starting to write issue 10 and Hitch is drawing issue 4, so delays should not happen.

I am stoked about this.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Woohoo! Awesome creative team tackling a now ace super-team. Don't get me wrong: I read some of the Straczynski/McKone FF and it was good; but after reading Ultimates 2, and having Black Panther (a much under-used Marvel hero) and Storm replace Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman, this book is gonna be brilliant.

I hope.....
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
cflames89
Protoform

Post by cflames89 »

You should see some of the preview art, looks amazing.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Originally posted by Wolfang
Woohoo! Awesome creative team tackling a now ace super-team. Don't get me wrong: I read some of the Straczynski/McKone FF and it was good; but after reading Ultimates 2, and having Black Panther (a much under-used Marvel hero) and Storm replace Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman, this book is gonna be brilliant.

I hope.....

I think Straczynski did a great job, given he had to clean up Waid's mess. He definitely had his work cut out for him- at least he borught Doom back to some recognizable form. Waid desicrated him.
I'm looking forward to the new change, although I will miss Straczynski. He had a classic touch, and with all the Civial War mess, it had consequences for the team. The addition of Black Panther and Storm was a decisive move- either it was going to alienate fans further or gain more interest.
Personally, I would like to see some Avengers-type action brought to the forefront for Marvel's first Family. Bendis is doing a great job with the Avengers at the Moment (both versions), and if Millar can capture some of that action-esque and good story telling, he has the potential to bring the FF back to the front. Here's wishing him the best of luck.
(Coincidentally, I saw a recent Marvel Solicitations featuring Doom as the savior of the Earth, but didn't note who the creative team was- could this be Millar?)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by cflames89
You should see some of the preview art, looks amazing.

link?
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Mar ... Hitch.html
Originally posted by Kremzeek75
(Coincidentally, I saw a recent Marvel Solicitations featuring Doom as the savior of the Earth, but didn't note who the creative team was- could this be Millar?)
No, that's still McDuffie. Millar/Hitch will hit in 2008.

EDIT: Found out that their first issue is 556.
having Black Panther (a much under-used Marvel hero) and Storm replace Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman, this book is gonna be brilliant.

In Millar/Hitch run it's supposed to be Reed, Ben, Johnny and Sue again.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
cflames89
Protoform

Post by cflames89 »

Originally posted by Civ
link?

wizarduniverse.com or newsarama.com
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Originally posted by Ozz
In Millar/Hitch run it's supposed to be Reed, Ben, Johnny and Sue again.

But still means that, for the moment, you have T'Challa and Ororo in place of Reed and Sue. You know the saying 'a change is as good as a rest', right?

Jumped on when I found out that the King of Wakanda and his wife were joining Thing and Human Torch to be the new Fantastic Four- but finding out that Millar and Hitch are going to be working on the title means I'm probably on for life now...
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Which Mark Millar is it? The one who wrote The Ultimates, or the one who crapped out the Sparks mini?
cflames89
Protoform

Post by cflames89 »

But still means that, for the moment, you have T'Challa and Ororo in place of Reed and Sue. You know the saying 'a change is as good as a rest', right?

Jumped on when I found out that the King of Wakanda and his wife were joining Thing and Human Torch to be the new Fantastic Four- but finding out that Millar and Hitch are going to be working on the title means I'm probably on for life now...

I started right before Civil War, and have quite enjoyed it more than I thought I would.