I just got suspended from my job...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
*BARRAGE*

I just got suspended from my job...

Post by *BARRAGE* »

So... who wants to hire a hard working guy who is willing to take five plus years of abuse (as proven by my last employment)

i hope to keep my job, but the only person to come back from suspension was 2 years ago- an african american girl with 4 kids, living on welfare and another kid on the way...

so i'm screwed
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Civ

Post by Civ »

If you don't mind me asking, what led to the suspension?

As far as another job goes, I guess it's time to start looking in the classifieds. Did you get any references from your previous job of people who'll put in a good word for you?
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

What was your job?
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

theater projectionist/ floor crew was my job
(sorry, i was answering cive when you posted chromia)

someone stole my stuff, and then began tampering with my other stuff, i put up a letter on my locker (entailing the fact that it was causing problems and making me angry)

but the letter was posted in a manner different that my higher ups wishes (they wanted it inside my locker so that noone could see it...which is stupid and counteractive to the letters purpose), and i showeed up the next day and got suspended... for defending myself and my belongings (i grew up poor- i defend whats mine with fire dammit!)

but the issue is a bit more complex (by a degree of microns mind you) and i have been rewarded for my loyalty and hard work with a stare and a meaningless "Sorry"

so i am forced yet again to grab myself by my sandal straps and lift my shield once more to survive yet another of lifes slings and arrows...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

any body in the west michigan area want to give the big guy a job?

i'm going to bed... i have to get up early and i should try to sleep...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Sounds like they were out to get you. Don't get paranoid, now, will you?

Union member? Recourse to employment law?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Probably depends on employer- some cinemas don't have union regulation.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wait... I've seen this one... Did they take your sandwich?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

... the moistmaker, or something, weren't it?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Brendocon
... the moistmaker, or something, weren't it?

That's the one!

Are you taking time off to learn to control your Rage?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Good luck, man. Sounds like they were just looking for an excuse.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

:\ -bugger.

Things'll seem a lot brighter once you've had a good sleep, and stuck some dog**** through their mailbox.

Good luck with picking up the pieces... oh, average white band !

moistmaker ? sandwich ? rage ?
hummanah hummanah ? :confused:
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

thanks tons guys... all the positive stuff really makes a big lug feel better...

slarti, the moistmaker was a sandwich comprised of the thanksgiving leavins on a show called friends... my ex GF made me watch it, and the ending to that ep was the one i laughed at the most...

and my rage is definitely under control...

*leaves with baseball bat to vandalize the local grocery...*:laugh:

and yeah- i have been feeling crosshairs on me at work lately... but i'm looking into getting a job as a bouncer, should be fun

oh- and slarti... dog-doo is far too nice a gesture...:glance:
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Sades

Post by Sades »

So was I. I had a really fun job working at an adult toy store. Everything was fine and dandy until the old manager [a lady I got along with swimmingly] quit. Then we got a new manager, some 19 year old twit who had no experience, her friends in constantly and had applied for the job the day before.

I had to hand-hold her though her first week or so- I basically trained her for the position all the while thinking that I should have gotten the job she was now holding as I'd been there longer and knew how to do everything she didn't. The regional manager hadn't even considered me for the position as she said she didn't know I was interested [which she would have found out had she bothered to ask] and said that if things didn't work out with the new manager, she'd consider me. Fine, I thought... I continued teaching the twit how to manage the shop while I slowly grew apathetic about the entire thing as it was becoming clear to me that I wasn't going to be manager anytime soon.

And then I slept in on a day I was supposed to open and got there two hours late. Oops. :p I earned myself a two-week suspension with that one... I spent one week trying to figure out whether or not I wanted to return, and I spent the other looking for a new job.

I'd recommend getting your resume online. I have mine up at three different Canadian jobsites and I've got four interviews this week- would have been about seven or eight but I was only interested in the four.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i plan on putting a resume up online as well, but i fear with my lack of college (due to lack of money) i may be held back, and your story is disturbingly similar to events in my own life...

i wish i could live in the ancient times, where your strength of arm and hard work got you the life you deserved- instead of some pencil neck crapping on you for doing whats morally and ethically correct despite the weak willed ignorami that propose to lead you without thought...

sorry, i'm in a cross mood...

but i called my companies help line a moment ago before logging on- and even the guy on the line was surprised (even thought the recording states that the help line folks are trained not to editorialize and/or sympathize in any way)

that made me feel vindicated!:D

at least in a tiny way...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Sades

Post by Sades »

From my experiences most retail places wouldn't be too fussed about it- as long as you've graduated high school it should be fine. To go beyond that however you need a buttload of experience, or you might want to start looking at different sorts of jobs- I've got call centre and receptionist experience, so most of the places calling me are for that. Not exaaaactly what I had in mind but it'll do, it'll only be for a year anyway.

And it beats retail, seriously- the pay for retail jobs is absolutely crap. My last job paid better than most but I suspect that was due to the nature of the job and the fact that we had to deal with perverts calling the shop and having a go at themselves while they tried to quiz us on our sexual preferences/the products we carried and what we "liked" in the store.

Don't sell yourself short or you won't get anywhere you actually want to be. And remember that you don't have to tie yourself to something- if it sucks, get out. Oh, temp agencies are another good source for more permanent employ because even though they list most jobs there as temporary positions, some companies will keep you on if you do a good enough job. And the pay is usually okay.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

The company I work for is hiring, but were here in Ohio.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

If you can type reasonably well, find out what temp agency your local government uses and sign on there. I did that while living in Cleveland for a while and got in with State Parole and Probation. Easiest job I've ever had, and the best paying at the time. Plus it earned me my first ever bona fide death threat! Good times... good times.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

yeah! Temp agencies can sometimes help.

Try those. :)
Sades

Post by Sades »

'Cause, you know, I didn't just suggest that. :p

I really must keep my replies to topics short and concise.