[JTF] Headmasters dvd: official or bootleg?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Headmasters dvd: official or bootleg?

Post by Jhiaxus »

Hey. I just got this Headmasters dvd set on Ebay for $40. I know it's not the official European set, but I just wanted to know if it was a legit release or just a fan-made bootleg. Any and all feedback welcome.

Headmasters DVD
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

As far as I know, the UK release is the only official or even unofficial DVD to come with english subtitles and the original Japanese audio track.

I've understood the bootlegs contain a Chinese dub in addition to the english one, but not Japanese.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Thanks for the input, guys. It is a minor letdown that this won't have the Japanese dialouge with the English subtitles. I know for certain that it does have the unintentionally funny Star TV dub, which I haven't heard in awhile. But at $40, I thought it was a bargain, especially since it's real hard to get the official UK set for anything less than $60-$80 on Ebay.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Jhiaxus
Thanks for the input, guys. It is a minor letdown that this won't have the Japanese dialouge with the English subtitles. I know for certain that it does have the unintentionally funny Star TV dub, which I haven't heard in awhile. But at $40, I thought it was a bargain, especially since it's real hard to get the official UK set for anything less than $60-$80 on Ebay.

Well you're gonna feel even more ripped off when I tell you that you can get the UK box set with all three shows for about $80.
Jhiaxus
Protoform

Post by Jhiaxus »

Well, I got the Headmasters set in the mail today. Star TV english dub and Chinese dub. Chinese subtitles only. So yeah, it's a bootleg, but the picture quality is great and the Star TV dub is still as funny as ever. I just have one more question to ask. Other than the language and subtitle differences, are there any real difference in these sets as far as extras go? As far as I know so far, this set I have doesn't have any bonus features on the discs and I was just wondering if the official UK set had any.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

The UK box set has commentaries by our very own Chris McFeely.

There's a new Headmasters DVD coming out in Australia without the commentaries but with a whole slew of different extras, including toy commercials.
ljjnico
Protoform

Post by ljjnico »

Get the official version! Better than a cheap dodgy bootleg version.
shinlee
Protoform

Post by shinlee »

i just got myself a official version of headmasters

Australia has just released it last week
ljjnico
Protoform

Post by ljjnico »

Originally posted by shinlee
i just got myself a official version of headmasters

Australia has just released it last week

Good stuff.