[RID,UT] Most hated Optimus?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

Tranformers Cybertron Optimus was great but i highly disliked the yellow markings, partially split mouthcover when not in supermode and those lame wings on his side when in supermode.
takara_destron
Protoform

Post by takara_destron »

Energon Prime....because to me he just came across as being a Power Rangers megazord that could talk

Recent Aquistions: Movie Voyager Autobot Ratchet, BW Transmetal II Megatron
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Originally posted by kupimus aka(clocker)
i can't believe no one has said this yet (unless through my speed reading i missed it) BUT SURELY...

THE MACHINE WARS PRIME IS THE WORST PRIME EVER NO CONTEST
YES!!!!. Truer words have never been spoken. Machine Wars Optimus Prime is definately the worst ever produced, topping out even Energon Prime. Sure, Energon Prime is fat and has the whole "Megazord/Voltron" thing going, but at least he looks like Optimus Prime and has decent articulation. The colors are right, the transformation is reminiscent of G1, and his over-all appearance harkens back to G1 in many respects, he's just overweight. Machine Wars Prime, however, has no articulation except his elbows, is completely the wrong color scheme, and looks absolutely nothing at all like Optimus Prime. He has none of the iconic features, The face is wrong, the torso is wrong, the colors are wrong. Everything about him is wrong. The only thing even remotely decent is the trailer, and even that can't turn when attached to him. As I like to call Machine Wars Optimus Prime— "Optimus Crime". He really is the worst Optimus ever made. the G2 Gobots version is a close second.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

I really do feel sorry for anyone who hasn'thad the opportunity to own the original mold of that figure, Thunderclash, Because while Machine Wars Prime is a steaming piece of crap, Thunderclash is a BLOODY good figure in its own right.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

TOY: Classics 2-Pack Prime
CHARACTER: BM Primal
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

Toys: Machine Wars Optimus Prime, Optimus Minor, Armada Prime(not counting the deluxe version), just ugly exspecially Supercon Prime´s secondary face when that version combines with Mobile Base or Jetfire

Character: Beast Machines Primealmost way too strict and mentally temperamental .Almost too sensitive over the welfare of his teammates.

Energon Prime couldn´t last for 3 minutes without Powerlinking, no matter if was getting ready for a fight in an argument, or even without trying to fight in a battle without even one attachment.
shinlee
Protoform

Post by shinlee »

BM Primal hands down with a close 2nd with Energon Prime
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Any that he is a Fire truck with giant Cannons!
Seriously he dosn't even look like a firetruck in Cybertron!

So from Armada on I think... He was a Fire truck in Armada right?

Mainly I hate the current series and it's predicessor: Energon and Cybertron.

Terrible scripts, terrible CGI(they never take damage), terrible storyline.

BUT MOST TERRIBLE OF ALL!...THEY MADE THUNDERCRACKER A IGNORANT HICK!!!

...that got just a little off topic. lol
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Originally posted by Catalyst Dragon
BUT MOST TERRIBLE OF ALL!...THEY MADE THUNDERCRACKER A IGNORANT HICK!!!

I lost faith in the Cybertron series as a whole when Thundercracker said "Git-R-Done"
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

new hatee:TF-Animated Optimus

nuff said

no gun = no fun(he has a lame axe.)

no brain in yer head = you´re dead(badly designed head and lack of mouthplate.)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If it rhymes it must be true.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I guess I must really like Galaxy Convoy since I actually sold my Cybertron Prime to buy the Takara version since I couldn't live with the missing paint apps. >_>

Does anyone like Beast Machines?
verytired

Post by verytired »

I like Beast Machines: a different take on the Transformer mythos, some interesting ideas, and a feelingthat this time, the good guys do actually have their back up against the wall. It's not as good as Beast Wars, but it's still better than most of the stuff that I have seen since or before.

I have high hopes for TF Animated: the designs are good, and the opening cast seem ok, with the exception of the little girl: I don't know anything about her, but I'm uneasy after all the human accomplices that we've had of such a low caliber.

On Topic: Worst Prime, Toy: Go bot Prime, from the end of G2: Where as having him a race car is a novel idea, it was executed poorly in this range.
Worst Prime, Character: Meh, not sure, but I'd have to go for Cybertron. No character, not even the limited John Wayne copy of G1, and a lot of "Catchy Lines" that made me uncomfortable with their cheesiness.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Worst Prime? Definetely Armada Super Base Prime. He's a BRICK! After the wonderfully articulated RID Prime, he's a disappointment. A TF that's a brick in 2002 is just inexcusable.
Energon Prime might have been a Megazord with a faceplate, but at least he had articulation! And Cybertron Prime was also good, and had cool weapons. Curse you, Armada Brickimus Prime, and your ability to combine with a plane, a huge truck, and a trailer! Did anyone think that combinations with a trailer and two other TFs might have been too much? Ugh.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Superbase Prime has many problems. I would've gladly given up the auto-transforming gimmick for better articulation. In BOTH robot modes, too.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

Originally posted by Alexis
Oh, and I woulda turned Ironhide into scrap. He was as bad as Kicker.

Thank you! I could not stand what they did to Ironhide. Him and hot shot where just the worst. The worst prime in my opinion was either Energon or Cybertron. Energon was just bad all around. Omega Supreme as a train when he'd never been to earth? and they brought back the combiners, but they sucked. and waht was with adding "maximus" to there names?
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

Energon Prime was bad and I though BM Primal was sad take on BW Primal.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Just reading the last page of this thread I think my brain has melted...
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

BackTrax wrote:Thank you! I could not stand what they did to Ironhide. Him and hot shot where just the worst. The worst prime in my opinion was either Energon or Cybertron. Energon was just bad all around. Omega Supreme as a train when he'd never been to earth? and they brought back the combiners, but they sucked. and waht was with adding "maximus" to there names?
Energon Ironhide Was CRAP. All other Ironhides i know of are either 'old' or a 'weapons master', and here we have an Ironhide that talks like he just rolled off the production line.

DO NOT EVER SAY THE ENERGON COMBINERS SUCKED...WELL, 'CEPT THE TORSO PARTS.

Energon optimus Is the WORST, Armada second.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

Newest Hatee: Armada Super base prime

im´highly against the pipes ging as mouth/ freaky horns when in super mode

And Treadshot....the energon combiners did :devil:-S-U-C-K-:devil: