BotCon 2008 registration / details and images of convention toy exclusives as they're revealed

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I fell in love with this Prime at first sight (I own the mold, which is spectacular, and that shade of purple is just...appetizing...), Starscream and Razorclaw look awesome, Grimlock looks pretty good, and Jazz and Goldbug look decent...I would absolutely love to own this set. But I doubt it will ever happen. :(
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I'd rather have the '05 set, myself........ And the Ratchet figure.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Most of the set I wouldn't want to buy. I would rather have Goldbug and that is all. The others just don't appeal to me as much when I look at them too :(
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

07 is better than 08...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I never really new anything about BotCon (except that it existed, and had to do with Transformers) until this year as I saw this thread first pop up. For a little while I even thought I might go but it's just not gonna happen. I went on their site and looked at the 07 set and souvenirs, and you may very well be right, it looks pretty sweet. However it'll be a long damn time before I have any involvement in anything having to do with BotCon, because of financial and time-related restrictions.

The thought of not being able to get my hands on all these great exclusive figures I'm seeing saddens me greatly. Seriously, I could ramble on and on about it for hours, but I won't. Not here.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Missing seekers and the repaints of arcee are a bit depressing, but i could buy the figures for less than what it would cost me to attend ONE convention.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Gareth_Infinity wrote:I never really new anything about BotCon (except that it existed, and had to do with Transformers) until this year as I saw this thread first pop up. For a little while I even thought I might go but it's just not gonna happen. I went on their site and looked at the 07 set and souvenirs, and you may very well be right, it looks pretty sweet. However it'll be a long damn time before I have any involvement in anything having to do with BotCon, because of financial and time-related restrictions.

The thought of not being able to get my hands on all these great exclusive figures I'm seeing saddens me greatly. Seriously, I could ramble on and on about it for hours, but I won't. Not here.
If only we had some people on here that could make the figures *Looks at Tramp, Clay and Morada*
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

"'Til All Are Gone" :eek:

WTF does that mean? Thats just terrible, terrible. This figure looks like some sort of Halloween promo toy. There is no way I'd ever spend more than retail cost for the mold on any of these figures. The only one I'd probably buy at all would be the Starscream, just to be a completest, but I don't see even that happening.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Wow... I'm glad I skipped this year's exclusives. Seriously glad. The kool-aid drinkers who want everything 'new' are all over it, I'm sure.... It's got 'kewl' lightning and all... but, yuck. Though this looks hand-painted, like it was a mock-up. I guess we'll know for sure in a month's time.

Are we REALLY that out of story/character ideas, guys? 3000 Transformers characters to choose from, and this is the best they could do this year? Half-assed redecos to make 'evil' Autobots?

I'm feeling less guilty that I'm letting my fan-club membership lapse. This crap's just embarrassing.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

Ackula wrote:"'Til All Are Gone" :eek:

WTF does that mean?
It's a play on " 'til all are one".
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I like it. Especially the damage to the left eye! This guy's seen some action. :up: I definitely will attempt to track these down. They tend to not be too expensive right after the convention if you know what to look for . . .

Hopefully the rest of the exclusives are Decepticons. Starscream and Razorclaw are getting a bit outnumbered.

Tbh I'm more interested in the toys. So I tend to not mind that the story was trite because they haven't really done this before with the toys (aside from Optimus/certain characters maybe being taken over by Galvatron/takara variants/etc.). The comic is just a fun bit of diversion to kinda showcase the exclusives for me.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Peale wrote:It's a play on " 'til all are one".
Well yes, I do realize that. But it is a very bad play. Till all what are gone? It is not a very clever word play. Just as the whole theme is not very clever.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

My guess would be it's the same "all" from "'Till all one" . . .

G1 Prime wanted to spead unity. This prime wants to destroy everything and everyone.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

The point, Scourge, is that it's puerile and not witty.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

RID Scourge wrote:G1 Prime wanted to spead unity. This prime wants to destroy everything and everyone.
And his troops go along with that? This is where it falls down... Til All Are One was about the unification of the Transformers, Bots & Cons. Till All Are Gone implies, then, the destruction of the Transformers, Bots & Cons. A fair mission if you're Unicron or Galactus or Circuit Breaker or cartoon Megatron (any other possible explanation for his strategies?) - less sense if you're a faction of Transformers. Once they've got the rest, do they just line up and shoot each other, or is it some mass cyanide pill party?

But, oh but, I think I have it. In this divergent reality, the Autobots aren't sentient robots from Cybertron. What's happened is that, via help from the Machination, a select group of TF board users have discovered Transtectors in the ruins of the Ark, and supplanted the Autobots. The internet users in question are all those idiots with handles like Dark Huffer, Black Beachcomber, Fallen Wheelie and Nemesis First Aid, who do tend to have sig files with stuff like "Til all are gone", "DEATH is teh right of al sentiment beings", "ARSE, EVILMUS PRIME!!!". Sadly, it's a very short comic, as they're all retarded and pretty easy to kill.

You heard it here first, kids. I am AWESOME INSIDES SAUCE.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

TFVanguard wrote:The point, Scourge, is that it's puerile and not witty.
My point is "'Til all are one" wasn't exactly a stroke of genious. I always saw it as a bit of a throwaway, faux philosophical line that was just kinda thrown in there.

I guess it touched on the theme that both bots and cons had to unite to face Unicron, but that lasted all of ten minutes, and then Roddy realized that his magic orange could kill Unicron, so the whole teamup was pointless. After that the decepticons pretty much regrouped and started fighting with the autobots again. So "'Til all are one" has yet to be realized.

Yeah. I guess it may not be all that clever, but making that a major point of criticizm isn't that much better. The figure itself a bit more creative than I was expecting. I thought they'd just use the Nemesis deco for Prime.

@ Cliffjumper: My guess would be that he's secretly planning to get rid of them after the autobots are gone, but he hasn't told them that. I dunno. It's pretty much just an ad for their toys.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So the Evil Autobots don't have as good a marketing team as the Heroic Autobots. Surely that's in keeping with the exact opposite thing?