Titanium Grimlock and Prowl up @ hasbro.com

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Titanium Grimlock and Prowl up @ hasbro.com

Post by zigzagger »

Images of the once elusive Titanium series War Within Prowl and Grimock are up at hasbro.com for your viewing pleasures.
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/defa ... 04DC0B8D78

EDIT

Mirrored

ImageImage
ImageImage
Civ

Post by Civ »

Grimlock looks great but Prowl looks as though he's saying, "I wuv you thiiiiiiis much." Hopefully, he's mistransformed.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Gotta get that Grimlock.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Grimlock looks great in robot mode, but, if I'm being honest, alt mode doesn't look a whole lot different from "Fall-on-my-face-now-I'm-a-tank" Megatron. I'd have to see it in real life to know for certain, though.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Is Prowl supposed to look like that? Like, on purpose?
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

What designs did they base Prowl on? Any of the War Within stuff? Coz Prowl looks a little less spindly in the comics...

Maybe I'm just being a little too pessimistic, but did anyone shout 'Abort!' at Hasbro when the designs were handed in?
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

ColdBain wrote: Maybe I'm just being a little too pessimistic, but did anyone shout 'Abort!' at Hasbro when the designs were handed in?
To be fair, Hasbro have tried their best to not release these, it's fan demand wot done it.

I think if you could combine Grimlock's robot mode with Prowl's vehicle mode you'd have one great toy.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Clay wrote:Is Prowl supposed to look like that? Like, on purpose?
Judging by the pic, it seems that the white part of his arms can swivel back on some kind of hinge joint that used for the transmech. Hinges give circular motion, so swinging them back would also push the arms closer to the chest.

Just an educated guess, though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Notabot

Post by Notabot »

HUGE improvement there. Not the clearest pic, but that looks like it's done right.
Clay

Post by Clay »

That looks much better :)

Pity that, since they're Titaniums, they'll still be terrible.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Notabot wrote:Grimlock looks great in robot mode, but, if I'm being honest, alt mode doesn't look a whole lot different from "Fall-on-my-face-now-I'm-a-tank" Megatron. I'd have to see it in real life to know for certain, though.
That's what Grimmy's alt mode in War Within looked like, although it's more "break my back in half, now I'm a tank". Although I don't think the back deck's meant to extend out quite that far. Down side to making a solid 3D version of a 2D drawing.

And Prowl looks much better in the later pics. Guess I'll have to get both.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Civ

Post by Civ »

Clay wrote:Pity that, since they're Titaniums, they'll still be terrible.
Now, now. Not all of the Titaniums were terrible. WWI Jetfire, Optimal Optimus, possibly RID Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime (despite the empty back), and G1 Ultra Magnus were all pretty good figures. I'd list The Fallen as well but those damn tank treads were too floppy. Some of the 6" Tits were really terrible like G.I. Joe Megs and Soundwave but there were a couple of gems.

@the new pics of Prowl. Much better, definitely gonna get this guy.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up: