Official images of Henkei Hot Rodimus

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Official images of Henkei Hot Rodimus

Post by Ackula »

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%88%E3%83 ... 632&sr=1-8

We now have images of Henkei Hot Rodimus showing up on amazon.jp and showing that the figure will have a much more cartoon accurate paint job. Note the golden spoiler, the new flames, golden headlights, light blue paint apps, and the arm details that scream G1. I for one like this one much better, but I don't think my budget will allow for it.
Attachments
414yAHuiwyL__SS400_.jpg
51uKHp_2BbO6L__SS400_.jpg
51txiLsXmuL__SS400_.jpg
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Um, the Classics release was already excellent, thank you.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

What's the price differential for Hasbro with paint apps, really? There are an increasing number of figures I'd have picked up (good moulded detail, etc.) but didn't because the final product looked average at best... it just didn't grab attention. They seem to be short-changing themselves out of potential sales.

Then again, they cleared their initial movie stock inventory, so they've probably got it worked out down to the last few fractions of a cent.

It's the falsified/photoshopped promo photos that really rankle, though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The colurs are sharp - apart from the chromed (or whatever) spoiler, which looks incredibly tacky (I'm guessing it's obligatory for Takara to **** up every toy in one way or another, yes?). My biggest problems with the thing is a) I really don't like Hot Rod and b) the proportions on that robot really do suck. At least the original had an alt mode where the join-lines weren't quite so obvious.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I can see the appeal, but I do prefer the Classics release. I like the dulled-down colours a lot more than the original G1 scheme.

I am personally finding the Classics and Henkei lines to be much-of a muchness, for different characters. I prefer the Classics Bumblebee, Screamer and Hot Rod, while the Henkei Megatron, Grimmers and Astrotrain are top of the league. The only one I think I'll be getting from Henkei from teh current offerings is Astrotrain though.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Man, I wish I waited for the Japanese repaints of the Classics Line, they're simply fantastic!

Time to dust off the 'ole credit card:clap:
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I'm such a sucker for the Henkei line and I'll probably consider Roddy. I have Starscream and Mirage, and am still contemplating Astrotrain.

:up:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clogs wrote:am still contemplating Astrotrain.
I have him on order. I'll let you know how he measures up whenever he finally arrived!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Cliffjumper wrote:The colurs are sharp - apart from the chromed (or whatever) spoiler, which looks incredibly tacky
I can't explain it, but for some reason I like the gold spoiler. :glance:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Least worst attempt at random chrome on these I've noticed, anyway.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I think I'll just paint the spoiler on my and call it even. I just am not into the bright colors on him :(. I was hoping for something a bit better for the money I'd spend, if I decided to spend it. Astrotrain, Megs, and Op'll have to do though for my money.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Wasn't a fan of the Astrotrain mold, so I'll gladly miss out on that one.

Contemplated ordering the Ramjet for a while since the Hasbro release is demanding crazy aftermarket prices and I wanted an extra one for my own illicit purposes, but with the way Hasbro repacks/repaints I'm gonna wait and see. If I don't get it, then it's not the end of the world.

Hot Rodimus looks nice, but not enough for me to fork over the dough. I'll stick with the one I got for $10.
Angelic Knight

Post by Angelic Knight »

I'm glad they finally stuck an Autobot symbol on him. Are the flames a little different too? I don't have my Classics nearby to compare by at the moment...

So far, I think I'm ok with the chrome spoiler. It's different.
My very, very random personal forums:
www.jameswebsite.net
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Angelic Knight wrote:I'm glad they finally stuck an Autobot symbol on him. Are the flames a little different too? I don't have my Classics nearby to compare by at the moment...

So far, I think I'm ok with the chrome spoiler. It's different.
The flames are nearly the same, but they didn't have that orange background to them. I think the flames are more curvy also than the classics version also, they aren't as tribal-like.