IDW Solicitations for August

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

IDW Solicitations for August

Post by Halfshell »

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid ... emid=11614
The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #2
Shane McCarthy (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Guidi, Trevor Hutchison (c)

The invasion has begun! American forces rally to defend New York City against the DECEPTICON onslaught as a key figure is called into the field. The full force of the U.S. military is brought to bear on MEGATRON and his warriors, but will it be enough to turn the tide? And what of the Decepticons’ shocking secret?
Series artist Guido Guidi supplies the cover image, and Trevor Hutchison offers an equally striking variant image.

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for a special incentive
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Animated: Arrival #1
Marty Isenberg (w); Dario Brizuela (a); Alex Milne, Marcelo Matere (c)

The first ALL-NEW ORIGINAL comic based on the hit TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED series airing on Cartoon Network!

In “Dispatches,” TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED series head writer Marty Isenberg, along with artist Dario Brizuela take a brand new look at the story behind the AUTOBOTS’ arrival on Earth. You’ve seen the Transformers Animated movie, but do you know the whole story? You will… as ULTRA MAGNUS, SENTINEL PRIME, STARSCREAM, BLACKARACHNIA, and many more tell their sides of the story that started it all! Alex Milne and Marcelo Matere each provide a special cover for this debut issue. And ask your retailer how to get a special Matere wraparound cover!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Spotlight: Doubledealer
Simon Furman (w) • Dan Khanna (a) • E.J. Su, Nick Roche (c)

The apocalyptic Revelations Cycle continues as the spotlight falls on the coldly calculating, self-serving DEALER (aka DOUBLEDEALER)! As the Dead Universe erupts into our own, Dealer and HOT ROD go in search of The Magnificence and, the AUTOBOTS hope, answers! But Dealer is only concerned with finishing the dark intrigues begun on Ki-Aleta! From the mind of TRANSFORMERS über-scribe Simon Furman, and art by Dan Khanna!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream #5
Chris Mowry, Chris Ryall (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, James Raiz (c)

The plans set forth by STARSCREAM culminate here, in the fifth and final issue of this official continuation of the blockbuster TRANSFORMERS movie. With the AUTOBOT resistance quelled, Starscream puts new meaning to the term “no sacrifice, no victory.” But will his final act leave Lord Starscream as CYBERTON’S ruler, or its destructor?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Movie Prequel: Saga of the Allspark #2
Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman and Don Figueroa (a); Nick Roche (c)

From across the pond comes a special presentation of the U.K.-only TRANSFORMERS movie comics! These special stories, set before IDW’s all-new Movie Sequel, are penned by TRANSFORMERS stalwart Simon Furman, and feature art by some of the best and brightest in TRANSFORMERS history. This issue: RATCHET and DEVASTATOR find themselves lost in space, each facing a trial by fire! All adorned by an all-new Nick Roche cover.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Best of the UK: Time Wars #1
Simon Furman (w) • Jeff Anderson, Lee Sullivan, Dan Reed (a) • Dan Khanna (c)

A clash of future and present day threatens to tear apart the fabric of time itself. Events come full circle, as AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS from two eras unite against a common foe... the time-twisting DECEPTICON known as GALVATRON. This 28-page premiere tale features the return of MEGATRON, his battle with his future self, Galvatron, and Scorponok vs. Highbrow. From longtime TRANSFORMERS scribe Simon Furman, with an all-new cover by Dan Khanna.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

It's good to see that the next few months will have more issues than the last few. 6 issues, even if two are reprints, is a good number for a month. Can't wait!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Of course exactly how many of those will actually turn up in August is another matter entirely...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Interesting, looks like they're keeping the Devastator name for the UK reprints even though they're using Brawl in Reign of Starscream.

It'll be interesting to see how Animated will work in comic form.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Okay, so it seems "Saga of the Allspark" is the official title for the UK reprints now.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'll be waiting for the inevitable TPB.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:Interesting, looks like they're keeping the Devastator name for the UK reprints even though they're using Brawl in Reign of Starscream.
That probably says more for IDW trying to do as little work as possible on the reprints than anything else. I suspect the spin is "Complete and unedited, just like they were in Britain!!! Did we mention we're nice? 18 cover variants!!!" I'm mildly surprised they bothered reading them first...

etc, etc, etc.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I hope the Animated comic brings something different than just a re-telling of the Animated show. Even if its from a different perspective, it would still be better if it was in its own continuity.

So is "Saga of the Allspark" a reprint of the story where the Decepticons win at the end of the movie?
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Halfshell wrote:Of course exactly how many of those will actually turn up in August is another matter entirely...
Im not a comic reader so I cant claim to have any knowledge on this and am just using what seems to be a recurring theme on here,but one thing I was wondering is how often are these solicitations inaccurate?
I know from reading posts on here that comics slip back a lot and are rarely (it seems) on time and sometimes dont arrive at all.
Is this a thing thats peculiar to IDW or is it a problem thats industry wide right up to the big dogs like Marvel and DC?
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

All companies miss deadlines, including Marvel and DC, but IDW has been known to miss their deadlines a lot more frequently.
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

As I understand it, it's pretty common just because so many things have to come together to make a complete issue, and fans seem largely used to it. It's only when the delays go on for weeks and weeks and weeks that it gets to be aggravating.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Weird thing is how it's becoming more common recently, though, isn't it?
I know some smaller companies (Image, Eclipse) were notorious for it decades back, but until fairly recently you could set your watch by Marvel releases...

I think fans getting used to it is the problem, the companies know they can get away with it... there's really no reason it should take so long to correlate an issue, especially when (as with IDW's Transformers titles) they're not in constant production. Personally, I think the solicits tend to be overly optimistic, presumably as part of the hype factor.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote: I'm mildly surprised they bothered reading them first...

I don't think they have, IIRC they've been promoting it as a companion piece thingey to The Reign of Starscream even though, based on the first issue, the two are in totally different continuities to each other (or else later UK issues are going to have to do some major Two Megatrons style retcons if they want to have ROS tie in with their stuff if they reprint it).
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Blitzwing wrote:So is "Saga of the Allspark" a reprint of the story where the Decepticons win at the end of the movie?
It's that selection of stories, yeah. "Twilight's Last Gleaming" is a bit later on.
Cliffjumper wrote:I think fans getting used to it is the problem
Adverb to your maternal lifegiver.

Reading a lot of the IDW official reaction to complaints about delays, you'd think that saying "uhm, so when's the comic we were promised three weeks ago actually out then?" was the most unreasonable thing in the world. All it takes is for somebody to say "sorry, bit of a hitch - it'll be out on X day", but we don't even get that. We get silence and then slapped wrists for even dreaming of complaining.

I still think that Spotlight Grimlock is totally unforgivable.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Blitzwing wrote:All companies miss deadlines, including Marvel and DC, but IDW has been known to miss their deadlines a lot more frequently.
When IDW first started publishing TF comics they were pretty much on time. This lasted a year or so, then there was an editorial shift and things changed. More issues contained mistakes and most were late. I think the recent lack of TF comics is due to yet another editorial shift, and the new editor needing time to find his feet, as well as IDW's recent move to a new headquarters. I'm hoping that the new editor will be more on top of these issues than the last, and that less mistakes will make it through. He's already shown willingness to listen to the fans and correct the mistakes for the trades, as seen in the new Devastation and Sourcebook trades, whenever the second actually arrives.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I'm glad it's not just me finding it difficult to get hold of Marvel and IDW lines within a reasonable timeframe. My comics emporium has, frankly, told me the depot is knee-deep in late issues from all companies and is finding it difficult to move them - I received my Spotlight:Mirage three weeks ago, having already given up and bought it elsewhere (um... twice, because I wanted the uncoloured cover, too) - and the final part of the Beast Wars Anglemois arc came last week!

No doubt it will be Christmas by the time I get August's releases...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Tried ordering from Oneshallstand? (Link in a handy button to the right of this thread). I get mine through Steve and they normally turn up the Monday following the actual release date.

No muss, no fuss. No trekking to the shops and hoping that it's actually come in and hasn't sold out.

Of course he's still subject to the same publication delays, and he gets mucked about a fair bit by Diamond, but nowhere near the degree it sounds like you're currently getting.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Halfshell - I may just go and do that if things continue to slide downhill. Shame really, since I've been a standing order customer at the emporium for at least the last 6 years and really appreciated the service I received prior to this March.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]