POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I'm yet to take either of them out of the package, but, here at an Ohio Target

Universe Prowl (first sighting)
Animated Activators Starscream (finally caved in)

Oh, and once I can track down my brother and borrow his camera, I'm going to start a thread to show off about the G1 Shockwave I just got for free. I am terrible.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

From a Walmart in Cobourg: Universe Sunstreaker and Prowl, Animated Leader Bulkhead! Bulkhead is full of TOTAL OWNAGE!!1!1 (sorry, I had to get that line out...;))
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

TFVanguard wrote:Energon Inferno came in today, which will fill in for Classics Inferno, so far as I'm concerned. :) I'll probably scour the Energon figures for all their blatant homages as my next run...
Battle Ravage, Arcee, Cliffjumper (if only for his name), Prowl (ditto)...

I just won a Slugfest Off you know where. Actually, i didn't want to win it. But i had nothing to do and bidded. 50c above the other bidder's Max, was sure i would lose, but i woke up to an invoice...:down:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Newest Acquistions:
Universe Prowl
Universe Sunstreaker
Universe Tankor
McDonalds Bumblebee
McDonalds Ratchet
McDonalds Optimus Prime
McDonalds Megatron
McDonalds Starscream
(Nope. No Lugnut)
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Animated Prowl.

Double Movie BB pack.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Got Universe Sunstreaker, Prowl and Tankor. All At Port Angeles, WA Wal-Mart.

Got Animated Leader Megatron at Sequim, WA Wal-Mart.

Bought the Godson activators Starscream and Bulkhead. Bulkhead sucks balls, but Activators Starscream rivals Voyager Starscream in Awesomness.
Come on and wind me up.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Universe Prowl
Animated Prowl
Animated Bumblebee

All at Wal-mart, Stillwater, Oklahoma.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Vincent wrote:^Awesome, isn't it? =)

I have 2 worries. Have you managed to fold the nozzles completely in robot-mode? It just feels like it should stick more to the back.

Also, I worry that tail-fin thing (the thing on his chest) might break.
The booster thing is a non-issue. The trouble is, Henkei Astrotrain has far tighter joints than Classics Astrotrain, and it takes a little more to get them there. When the boosters are vertical / parallel , there should be a slight gap between the shuttle wings and Astrotrain's back. With Classics, that hinge just shifts, but you need to align it properly with Henkei it seems (at least with mine). I've attached a couple of photos showing this alignment.

As to the tail / chestpiece, it is a little frightening in both of the releases, but seems to be fairly sturdy plastic. I guess we all just need to be careful with our Astrotrains!

Oh - the Henkei instructions miss the same subtle transformation step as the Hasbro ones - when in train mode, rotate the shuttle tail before splitting it. That way, the 'V' faces point forward and looks streamlined, and less like kibble.

You can see this on Classics Astrotrain below.

Attachments
HenkeiAstrotrainBack2.jpg
HenkeiAstrotrainBack1.jpg

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I almost got Activators BB last night, does that count?
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

@numbat: oooh, thanks. I was wondering why the tail fin could spin hah.

And I'll need to try out that nozzle thing, but not now! I'm trying to figure out if I actually transformed Animated Prowl correctly or not :lol:

Also, one more acquisition today. I was in the airport finally leaving Malaysia and going back home, and passed by the toy store, and found UNIVERSE toys! I had to choose between Sunstreaker or Prowl (Tankor looks bad to me) and went with Prowl since he's a more familiar character.

Haven't opened him yet, though.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Vincent wrote:Also, one more acquisition today. I was in the airport finally leaving Malaysia and going back home, and passed by the toy store, and found UNIVERSE toys! I had to choose between Sunstreaker or Prowl (Tankor looks bad to me) and went with Prowl since he's a more familiar character.

Haven't opened him yet, though.
Don't tell Treadshot. For the love of God. DO NOT TELL HIM.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

What why?

OK, I just finished transforming Universe Prowl, and I have to admit I'm rather disappointed. The legs look weak, and the arms just hang there. I like the alternator-like transformation (reminds me of Alt.Smokescreen) but that doesn't compensate for the bad head mould and the stupid neck.

=/
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

secretcode wrote:Don't tell Treadshot. For the love of God. DO NOT TELL HIM.
Did you really think i would just skip this thread or something? :lol:
Vincent wrote:What why?

OK, I just finished transforming Universe Prowl, and I have to admit I'm rather disappointed. The legs look weak, and the arms just hang there. I like the alternator-like transformation (reminds me of Alt.Smokescreen) but that doesn't compensate for the bad head mould and the stupid neck.

=/
I think what he means is that since i'm fine with the way Tankor looks, he's worried this thread will turn into another argument. He just forgot one thing: CLIFFJUMPER IS NOT AROUND, SO WE HAVE NO ONE TO START AN ARGUMENT. :D

Either that, or it's because i am the only one who happens to live in a place that doesn't have Fr*****' Universe yet!

I agree with basically everything you said bout Prowl, though i'm only going off photos. Teh 2 BFG's aught to compensate. :up:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Vincent wrote:What why?

=/
I actually like Prowl.:\ I don't mind his shoulders out like they are, and I don't really notice the neck so much. I prefer to bring the roof up so the windshield is sticking up behind his head to help compensate. But his shoulder cannons really should have been painted.:nonono: And his legs seem quite sturdy to me... But different strokes for different folks, I guess...:)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

I picked up Universe / Classics Sunstreaker today, at Argos, in Hamilton, Scotland, UK. He came in US packaging as well!

(A bit steep at 12.99GBP though - may as well import if that's the new standard Deluxe price over here!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Anybody got both Prowl and Sunstreaker? Which is better?

To be honest the mould on both of those toys don't impress me as much as the ones in Classics 1 did.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sunstreaker is best by far, IMO. No goofy looking neck, no terrible proportions and lanky arms.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Animated deluxes- Jazz, Snarl, and Soundwave. At the local Wal mart.
Detective Barricade

Vincent wrote:Anybody got both Prowl and Sunstreaker? Which is better?

To be honest the mould on both of those toys don't impress me as much as the ones in Classics 1 did.
Both are great, but Sunstreaker pulls out ahead. He's a little easier to line up his parts for vehicle or robot, he's got good proportions, and seems more natural than Prowl. Mind you, the only Classics figure I picked up when it was in stores was Jetfire. (who is excellent)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

It's not a Transformer, but I got the Transformers Cybertron boxset.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.