Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

secretcode wrote:God damn it. Use spoiler tags!
SPOILER! (select to read)
Who the **** said that RAVAGE was the pretender? She could very well be Laserbeak or a whole new character as far as we know.
Also, Who ever said that Megatron was "supposed" to have Jazz parts? Who the **** cares if he has an claw cannon? It's called Creative Freedom. It's not our choice, so just ****ing deal with it.
God, is this why people were so agitated at me (Well, more agitated then they are now) when I first joined?
OOOOOOH you didn't tell me that I didn't have got the right to give my opinion. If borg(nothing against you dude, you rock) complains about something it is alright. If I say something you tell me to STUFU because it is creative freedom or something and I shoulden't have anything to say about that. Now you, and ONLY you tell me, is this fair???
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Cut it. NOW.

F***ing kindergarten.

Meanwhile... Don Murphy made a long post, and in an addendum pointed out that they want to... AVOID marketing for ROTF for as long as possible because they expect it to be a big hit no matter what. Huh.
http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showthread.php?t=28454
http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showpost ... stcount=11
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Nevermore wrote:Meanwhile... Don Murphy made a long post, and in an addendum pointed out that they want to... AVOID marketing for ROTF for as long as possible because they expect it to be a big hit no matter what. Huh.
Arrogant.
True.
But arrogant.

On the one hand, I'd seen half of the first film before I got to the cinema. On the other hand, I do want to see at least a few explosions and a new robot or two . . .
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Nevermore wrote:Cut it. NOW.

F***ing kindergarten.

Meanwhile... Don Murphy made a long post, and in an addendum pointed out that they want to... AVOID marketing for ROTF for as long as possible because they expect it to be a big hit no matter what. Huh.
http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showthread.php?t=28454
http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showpost ... stcount=11
aaannnnnd breathe... no one was having a go at anyone, the kids were playing relatively nice. ish. kinda.

uh, anyway, on-topic. yeah, this typifies everything that is wrong with western business models. an assumption that putting less 'in' can still magically leave you with an unreduced output. noney for nothng, kicks for free, as the song said. idiots.

no i'm going to go have a private rant about business and behavioural economics across cultural divides. i'll be back when i'm done.

edit: also, i'd love to see figures for TF, ROTF, and the various PotC movies in terms of actual money spent on marketing. pirates may have held off on marketing for as long as possible, but i'm wiling to bet the actual budget wasn't accordingly reduced (disney, after all), meaning that when thy did advertise, the money they could throw at it in that short time was immense. i'm wondering if there will be a similar all-out last-minute push for TF2? or not?

on reflection, i rather think that they are wanting to hedge their bets and leave marketing a bit closer to the time so they can tailor it to better compete and/or feed from many of the other films coming out next year; star trek, that x-men thing, all the other sci-fi/fantasy films, etc.

finally, i really don't know the figures for cinema takings in boom vs bust, so couldn't say how they are affected in general by local/global downturns. sales of chocolate, beer, and tobbaco generally go up in hard times, so cinema (in the category of cheap leisure) may follow suite, or reduce as people see it as an extravagance, or be broadly unaffected. i really don't know. i suspect minor downturn, but again, i lack figures.

point being movie marketers may want to hold off in case there is a shift in dynmic in terms of the audience make-up, and thus need to refocus their media.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

OK then I'll cut it for this time... Time to get back to business. It is by the way indeed strange we haven't received any ROTF stuff like trailers, explosions and robots. According to the movie updates Bay has made a lot of them. So where are they???
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You read my post on the previous page?
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Nevermore wrote:You read my post on the previous page?
Nope I didn't read it, I only saw it because of the links...
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

A new review of ROTF on youtube. This time a few changes are visible compared to the first one. Plus according to a guy who regulary updates the ROTF news, his news sources have said that there is a chanche of 90% that the trailer of our sequel will be released on the day that "the day the earth stood still" goes in premiere(12 december folks) I don't believe it but if it is true it would be great.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z ... re=channel
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Link doesn't work.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Rattrap's tail wrote:
A new review of ROTF on youtube. This time a few changes are visible compared to the first one. Plus according to a guy who regulary updates the ROTF news, his news sources have said that there is a chanche of 90% that the trailer of our sequel will be released on the day that "the day the earth stood still" goes in premiere(12 december folks) I don't believe it but if it is true it would be great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z65qbeZc ... re=channel
Fixed URL.

Also, despite what older posts from this year might lead you to believe, reviews of stolen chinese toys (And face it, one this early from the movie WILL be stolen) are not Newsworthy or we would have seen loads of them, despite other site's insistant standings on it. And seriously, unvarified claims WITHOUT sources are NOT news. If you do have a source for that or any other sort of news, it'd be great if you'd put that up ALONG with your post.
Also, Nevermore ALSO posted on the Trailer thing with his post on the last page.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
borg72

Post by borg72 »

first pics/reviews of prototypes/prodction toys are not newsworthy?

also, thats the first i'd heard about a possible trailer with t.d.t.e.s.s.; awesome if so, as it looks to be the only decent (sci-fi/action/thriler) film out this chrstmas, so should get any trailer plenty of 'eyeballs' in the target demographics. i'm also expecting (speculation only, and imho) yahoo or someone would get some kind of exclusive trailer too. don't they always?

also (going back to nevermores' threadlink), it was nice to see don murphys reference to AIHN. it made me giggle.

and i'm beggining to wonder who's mother rattrap's tail has insulted (aside from accidentally dropping a spoiler tag the other day)?
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

borg72 wrote:

and i'm beggining to wonder who's mother rattrap's tail has insulted (aside from accidentally dropping a spoiler tag the other day)?
I haven't insulted any mother! Maybe some mothers have insulted me or maybe I don't understand because I am a Dutch One...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Anyone who feels especially hard done by can always PM a news mod, but from here-on in I do believe we've already asked once nicely to drop this from the thread itself. This is mainly supposed to be a "Just the facts mam" style information thread, and whilst there's nothing wrong with a bit of digression (it’s almost inevitable) I don't think people want to wade through pages of snark and weak jokes to get to the new information. Consider this the last word, ta very much.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Huh. New toy leak.
Image link

Possibly a toy character who's not actually in the movie, who knows.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Unsure if this is spoiler worthy, but why take the chance?
I'm thinking if Laserbeak is NOT in the movie, this could be a line similar to Real Gears. Maybe the Fallen or Soundwave brings some cars to life in the movie to help take down the Autobots. Soundwave WAS described as a shamanic character in the "leaked script" we got.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Though that "leaked" treatment has apparently since been debunked as fake or at least incorrect based on all the info we've gotten since.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Nevermore wrote:Though that "leaked" treatment has apparently since been debunked as fake or at least incorrect based on all the info we've gotten since.
the writer himself (from memory this, might be wrong) posted the treatment after having it refused by the studio (i *think* he'd written it and sent it in 'on-spec' hoping that they'd like it and draft him); possibly as some kind of insurance policy to prevent re-use of any of his ideas.

to be fair only the plot itself was original, old characters were as per the first movie and new ones were, for the most part, described in very generic terms. aside from UM, who was described as a freightliner pulling a car transporter trailer. i can't actually find it though. so spending five minutes describing it and bugging my american fiancee about "the names of those trucks with the pointy noses" was a bit pointless. and hot rod was a ferrari f430.

uh, found the actual traetment at least. makes an entertaining read.
that rejected treatment thisaway... fyi, its in pdf format, but not huge
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Nevermore wrote:Huh. New toy leak.
Image link

Possibly a toy character who's not actually in the movie, who knows.
I've seen worse. Interesting head sculpt. Wonder who that's supposed to be.

And what's the alt-mode? I don't recognize it.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

He's this.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

if that turns out to be flash (i.e. the turbomaster reference), i'll be over the moon. :up:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]