Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Rattrap's tail wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
TRhat Jetfire guy tells a bit of how the "real"version will look like since they resemble each other. For now I am very pleased. But why did Prime n' Bee also have to get an new packaging??? I once have been reading somewhere that HAS/TAK would let characters from the previous movie return so they didn't have to make news toys for the second time. :wall:. Wow wait a parasec, I remember now that Bee we saw previous in this thread; the deluxe version. That means that or HASTAK is as reliable as George.W Bush or they are needing figures to fill the otherwise too small toyline that ROTF consists of. I know these are some wild theories but I don't think that all I said is really crap so...
They get new packaging because, surprise surprise, it's a new movie. Kind of the point really. And how can you declare that it will be a small toyline on a movie that is still seven months away from release coupled with prototype/leaked shots of possible toys?

Aside from that, me wants me some Springer, though why does Jetfire's nosecone from his plane mode look like a giant "male reproductive organ"
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

pandagork wrote:
They get new packaging because, surprise surprise, it's a new movie. Kind of the point really. And how can you declare that it will be a small toyline on a movie that is still seven months away from release coupled with prototype/leaked shots of possible toys?

Aside from that, me wants me some Springer, though why does Jetfire's nosecone from his plane mode look like a giant "male reproductive organ"
Personally I found the previous toyline from the movie already small if you look at the different moulds.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Rattrap's tail wrote:
TRhat Jetfire guy tells a bit of how the "real"version will look like since they resemble each other. For now I am very pleased. But why did Prime n' Bee also have to get an new packaging??? I once have been reading somewhere that HAS/TAK would let characters from the previous movie return so they didn't have to make news toys for the second time. :wall:. Wow wait a parasec, I remember now that Bee we saw previous in this thread; the deluxe version. That means that or HASTAK is as reliable as George.W Bush or they are needing figures to fill the otherwise too small toyline that ROTF consists of. I know these are some wild theories but I don't think that all I said is really crap so...
eh? these figures are all new - even the returning characters have 'new' toy designs in this line. why would they not be in rotf packaging? I say 'new'; BBs design is the 08 camero, but using the same transformation design schema as the TFTM BB legends figure.

what the biggins are you on about as for 'too small a toyline?' since when have hasbro ever been accused of not having line volume? i suppose you could make the case for the jazz and BB repaints in tftm line, but if anything the cast in rotf is going to be almost twice the size
(guesstimate, obv.), so i really can't see them running out of characters to sell, and thats just in-movie characters.

as for returning characters, we know they're getting tweaked toys... why would you not? selling identical product in rotf packaging limits your market to those who missed them the first time round... tweaking products through repaints and retools is the only way transformers as a brand can afford to butter its bread - i even think someone from hasbro said as much in one of their older Q&As.

besides, they've been doing this since *forever*, and nowadays even plan repaints and retools into initial design stages (IE classics sunstreaker was always designed around an eventual modification into sideswipe). again, we know this from the Q&As.

why would you expect any different?
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

I was certainly not expecting the Springer name to ever pop up again, outside of perhaps the comics. I haven't quite kept up with the toys as much as I have the storylines in comics, etc., but is this Springer figure actually a repaint or new mold? I noticed some discussion on TFW2005 that lead me to believe it is a finished version of a prototype that had been released some time ago...is this true?

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
Soundwave the Scion

Post by Soundwave the Scion »

Iv'e ordered both scrapper(fork lift) and knockout(motorbike):p:swirly::wave::):lol::clap::D
I am supposed to be shocky!
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Maybe you should have ordered some spoiler tags while you were at it champ.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Springer145 wrote:
I was certainly not expecting the Springer name to ever pop up again, outside of perhaps the comics. I haven't quite kept up with the toys as much as I have the storylines in comics, etc., but is this Springer figure actually a repaint or new mold? I noticed some discussion on TFW2005 that lead me to believe it is a finished version of a prototype that had been released some time ago...is this true?
Don't worry, its new.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

UK Release Date Revealed; June 26th 2009

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... om-166407/
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Isn't Springer essentially the last Osprey toy they had? If so, it is horrible, mainly because the propellers for fingers/hands is a very idiotic idea. I keep harping on hands, but seeing kitbash after kitbash on how to make hands I figured by now the fans would finally get the message across to have more options with the toyline itself (I am also aware of the small parts not intended for small children phrase also). But I would think the propellers unto themselves would be more dangerous to children than a toy fist. But just my humble opinion.
edit: found Incinerator the Decepticon Osprey: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ator/1405/
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

borg72 wrote:
why would you expect any different?
I think he's referring to the old quote that Hasbro wanted the returning robots to have alt modes so "the kids wouldn't have to buy the same toy twice"

As someone who's often read but rarely posted on this thread, can I ask what the deal is with the spoiler tags? Surely nobody just reads the bits that are not spoilers? It's just vague opinions and arguments . . .
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Summerhayes wrote:
I think he's referring to the old quote that Hasbro wanted the returning robots to have alt modes so "the kids wouldn't have to buy the same toy twice"

As someone who's often read but rarely posted on this thread, can I ask what the deal is with the spoiler tags? Surely nobody just reads the bits that are not spoilers? It's just vague opinions and arguments . . .
i suppose eventually this thread will start containing actual official hasbro/m. bay/that-nelson-bloke-who-lives-in-michael-bays-attic-or-something news which is mostly non-spoilery (outside of trailers etc). that may, however, be some time...

possibly we could have two threads... one for spoilery leaks, rumours, etc, the other for official releases, statements, trailers etc. would that work though? stuff would get lost in the shuffle, and there'd be a fair bit of duplication, i'm sure. probably this is the best solution - assuming everyone learns to use the spoiler tags, eh Soundwave the Scion?
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Summerhayes wrote:

Actually, there are people who do want to avoid spoilers and thus don't read the hidden tagged material. The point of the tags os to allow those who don't want to be "spoiled" to avoid reading those spoilers. Without those tags, even if the individual in question scanned past a given post, they would still see the spoiler information even briefly. By having the spoiler hidden via the tag, the individual can scan past the post without worry of inadvertently reading even a portion of a given spoiler.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, to third that, I want to hear official stuff - release dates, links to trailers, professional interviews (i.e. promotional ones, not some poor designer being pinned to a wall by a fanboy and grilled about toy prototypes), posters, that sort of thing. I'd rather avoid what comes from a Chinese thief's ebay listings or some schlub trying to generate hits for their site with some leaked photos of cars.

A separate thread for official announcements without tags would be great in an ideal world, but there's always some idiot who can't be bothered with the code, and discussion of a trailer would most likely bring spoilers. This thread is workable providing people aren't pricks about it (and if they are, well, there are things that can be done).
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Summerhayes wrote:

Yay that's right man. I have been reading that quote but over the time I did two things wrong:

Forgetting the precise content of the quote

Making some faults in the translation from English to Dutch because of my way to quick reading.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Summerhayes wrote:As someone who's often read but rarely posted on this thread, can I ask what the deal is with the spoiler tags? Surely nobody just reads the bits that are not spoilers? It's just vague opinions and arguments . . .
The idea originally was to corral all the Movie news into one thread, and then use spoiler tags for the spoiler-ish stuff like potential plot lines, character designs, etc. I do think the use has gotten out of hand and we're discussing a more conservative application of them: for instance, just plot details and CGI character designs.

I don't see how showing prototypes of toys has anything to do with spoiling the movie, honestly. Odds are 10 to 1 against that they'll be toys of characters even in the film, let alone resemble them enough to spoil it.

If someone really wants to avoid spoilers, I doubt they'll be reading this thread anyway.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Clay wrote: If someone really wants to avoid spoilers, I doubt they'll be reading this thread anyway.
That's what I was saying, put much simpler
Thank you

Though, I also yield that eventually there will be enough non-spoilery (if, as you say, you can call toy prototypes spoilers) material for someone to read.

Back on subject:
Are we thinking the big grey truck is an actual movie character or just a toy? Because if it turns out to be Ultra Magnus that would be awesome. He can't deal with that right now.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Summerhayes wrote:Back on subject:
Are we thinking the big grey truck is an actual movie character or just a toy? Because if it turns out to be Ultra Magnus that would be awesome. He can't deal with that right now.
I think the small truck toy will actually be Primus because they're both blue. :p
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

While possibly not Movie News- General Motors, due to current financial strain on the US Auto Industry, is selling off many cars from their resources and storage. Why is this so TF-important?
Well, Jazz is for sale. Guess that sorta means he's dead for good.
http://jalopnik.com/5113113/gm-to-aucti ... ate-museum
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

New pictures of
Legends Jetfire
here.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

secretcode wrote:While possibly not Movie News- General Motors, due to current financial strain on the US Auto Industry, is selling off many cars from their resources and storage. Why is this so TF-important?
Well, Jazz is for sale. Guess that sorta means he's dead for good.
http://jalopnik.com/5113113/gm-to-aucti ... ate-museum
I found it funny that GM shut down it's Volt plant temporarily (or for good, not too sure). But our favorite slang talking 'bot might be back for all we know hah.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines