Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Does anyone remember the rumor that
SPOILER! (select to read)
Jetfire would combine with Optimus Prime?
Well... Looks like
the newly leaked Legends toys confirm that:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Well, that's a first, isn't it. Comibining Legends figs. Cool. But Jetfire looks too long with prime.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Could be fake. Because of the fact that legends never combined before like Threadshot mentioned.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Except for the fact we've seen both of those toys individually in legit packaging...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

secretcode wrote:Except for the fact we've seen both of those toys individually in legit packaging...
True but some kind of poor Chinese kitbasher could have been making this... On the other hand: neither of us can proof that it is fake or real. So let's just wait and then we gonna find the answer.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

These toys are real.

The combined mode, on the other hand, might not necessarily be official.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Alleged set images of
The Fallen...
Source

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm looking at either.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

As far as I can see has The Fallen been crashing to on Earth just like Megs. Only in his case, he was buried at a place where later human civillication would come. This all sounds very strange to me because The Fallen being crashed on Earth is way to similair to Megs to be good. I think that this is not The Fallen but something else(not that I have even an idea what). Feel always free to correct me.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Rattrap's tail wrote:
As far as I can see has The Fallen been crashing to on Earth just like Megs. Only in his case, he was buried at a place where later human civillication would come. This all sounds very strange to me because The Fallen being crashed on Earth is way to similair to Megs to be good. I think that this is not The Fallen but something else(not that I have even an idea what). Feel always free to correct me.
He may not have crashed on Earth. He may have been purposely imprisoned and entombed there intentionally as punishment for betrayal similar to his established history.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

That "combined" mode looks like they transformed jetfire into a plane and blu-tacked it to optimus prime's back. Fake much?
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Tramp wrote:
He may not have crashed on Earth. He may have been purposely imprisoned and entombed there intentionally as punishment for betrayal similar to his established history.
Do you think so??? Of all planets they chose Earth??? That would be a very lame excuse from the producers if it is true what you are saying.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Rattrap's tail wrote:
Do you think so??? Of all planets they chose Earth??? That would be a very lame excuse from the producers if it is true what you are saying.
I'm saying it's possible. Whether it is actually the case is another matter.
As for it being "lame", I disagree, especially given the time-frame of his betrayal in TF lore ten billion years ago (before the Sun and Earth even existed). It's possible, that the Fallen's prison was within the cloud of gas and dust that would eventually coalesce into the Sun and planets of our Solar system, and that the Earth formed around the Fallen's prison five billion years ago; that his prison was part of the matter that went into making up the Earth. Hence why he is found in the actual crust of the Earth, not in ice or something like that.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Though they could change his back story so he was imprisoned only a few hundred million years ago. However he came to Earth though, imprisioned or crashed it remains a fairly massive coincidence.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Thanks to S250 over at TFW2005, new pics of Legends Class Optimus Prime and
Jetfire.
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6
Image 7
Image 8

S250 confirms that
the scratched Decepticon symbol on Jetfire is NOT a paint problem, since it's present on three copies of the toy.
As for the
combined mode being "fake":
Coincidence? I don't think so.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Tramp wrote:I'm saying it's possible. Whether it is actually the case is another matter.
As for it being "lame", I disagree, especially given the time-frame of his betrayal in TF lore ten billion years ago (before the Sun and Earth even existed). It's possible, that the Fallen's prison was within the cloud of gas and dust that would eventually coalesce into the Sun and planets of our Solar system, and that the Earth formed around the Fallen's prison five billion years ago; that his prison was part of the matter that went into making up the Earth. Hence why he is found in the actual crust of the Earth, not in ice or something like that.
Where did you get that date from??? It could always be different from all what we know since the movie franchise has a universe of his own.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Rattrap's tail wrote:
Where did you get that date from??? It could always be different from all what we know since the movie franchise has a universe of his own.
Because the creation of the Transformers as a race, and their place in the grand scheme of things happened is a constant. The Thirteen are multiversal singularities just like Primus and Unicron. There is only one Fallen. The movie continuity is still a part of the greater multiverse, and, according to Orci, Simon Furman, etc, the new movie and the comics leading up to it are supposed to tie the movie-verse more closely into established TF lore. The TF's were created about ten billion years ago starting with the Thirteen. The Fallen is one of the Thirteen. His banishment and imprisonment happened before the creation of the Sol System.
All in all though, how he got there is still just educated speculation.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Nevermore wrote:Does anyone remember the rumor that
Jetfire would combine with Optimus Prime?
Well... Looks like
the newly leaked Legends toys confirm that:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Not necessarily... the toys could have been made a point when that was planned and then left that way while the movie details were changed. The Legends Megatron toy from the first film still has the original head, for instance.

Given that these are Legends figures, it may not have been worth the trouble to change the molds. Even so, it does seem likely that it'll happen in the film, though.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Tramp wrote:
Because the creation of the Transformers as a race, and their place in the grand scheme of things happened is a constant. The Thirteen are multiversal singularities just like Primus and Unicron. There is only one Fallen. The movie continuity is still a part of the greater multiverse, and, according to Orci, Simon Furman, etc, the new movie and the comics leading up to it are supposed to tie the movie-verse more closely into established TF lore. The TF's were created about ten billion years ago starting with the Thirteen. The Fallen is one of the Thirteen. His banishment and imprisonment happened before the creation of the Sol System.
All in all though, how he got there is still just educated speculation.
Wow good arguements. In this part of the case you're damn right.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Tramp wrote: The movie continuity is still a part of the greater multiverse, and, according to Orci, Simon Furman, etc, the new movie and the comics leading up to it are supposed to tie the movie-verse more closely into established TF lore.
umm... so how does this mean that anything we "know" from elsewhere in TFlore will be carried over as-is? just because the movie continuity is a part of a bigger brand, doesn't mean they *MUST* import anything already 'established' elsewhere, in whole or in part. and bear in mind that Hasbro don't always get final say... brawlastator being a good (if somewhat petty) example of idealogical clashes.

and flames on Prime anyone? "I just thought it was cool". really, give this sort of randomness, when it comes to precise plot points, there's little you can do but wait for the enevitable leaked script...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

They can use, ignore or reinvent anything they like really.
Though I do think it's fair to say they wouldn't be using the Fallen (a character who's only appeared once in any other media and isn't toy based) if he wasn't going to be somewhat similar to how he was in that appearence, even if the minor stuff (age and so on) isn't likely to be closely adhered to.