Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

From the print edition:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ost2585695
*The Transformers visited ancient Egypt before the pyramids were built.
*Ancient hieroglyphics of helicopters and the other stuff archaeologists and conspiracy theorists scratch their heads over are actually our favourite race of alien robots.
SPOILER! (select to read)
*The Fallen was described by Bay as "apocalyptic".
*Bay claims Megs isn't in the film, he said the tank mode is just a new toy made by Hasbro.
*Forty robots.
*Budget is $200 million.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

ZOMG FORTY ROBOTZ? MEGZ JUST A TOY?!
If that doesn't sound like "misinformation" I don't know what is...
Especially considering the other more-trustworthy sources we've seen and heard from...

...plus the CGI of Megatron...

Nice try Micheal Bay.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

forty robots?
Surely if you count all the dead autobots megatron is throwing javelines at in the first film there's about that?
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Just by looking at the legends toy I assume the geriatric robot to also be Jetfire. the Legends toy looks as if the the robot has a humpback and a beard.
Come on and wind me up.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Nevermore wrote:From the print edition:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ost2585695
Dude just two thingies:

1: Never trust Bay.

2:
about those Autobots visiting Earth before must be fake because they didn't even know about Earth's excistence until Bee arrived there in search for the cube. That was after The Fallen was created and turned evil as I heard from Tramp. So Autobots visting Earth before is a lie unless it has been used to be known about by the ancestors of Prime and his fellows, but that the knowledgde was lost. Also if The Fallen was indeed send to Earth a real long time ago it would be a great to serve as his jail. I mean back then Earth was just a globe with Magma everywere only to be hold togeter by gravity. As we all know have Transformers a great weakness to exteme heat (Looks at Scorpy, Black 'n Brawl) so with that view it would be a good explanation for sending The Fallen to Earth, according to me.
Feel as usual always free to correct me.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

any number or reasons could be used to explain away any possible plot inconsistencies... or they could just ignore any established facts they need to, blow up some stuff, and hope nobody notices.

its michael bay, not rocket science.

oh, and the leaked pics a few posts back make me think that this film is going to out-epic the last. i may have to start going 'squee!' soon....
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New pic of Voyager Ramjet and Skywarp (expected to be non-movie toys):
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... arp_02.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

Nevermore wrote:New pic of Voyager Ramjet and Skywarp (expected to be non-movie toys):
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... arp_02.jpg
The mould and colouscheme really works on Ramjet.

Not so sure about Skywarp.

Still - nice to get another set of Seekers on the shelves!

(Of stores - the closest I have to a set of Seekers are the four LOC Screamers [excluding the two new exclusives], and that's the closest my wallet will ever take me!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New pics of Skywarp and Ramjet from an auction site:
Ramjet uses the Movie Starscream head sculpt, Skywarp uses the Thundercarcker/Target "G1" Starscream head sculpt.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... jet_03.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... jet_04.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... arp_03.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... arp_04.jpg
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

The movie head mold works well for Ramjet. For a moment, I thought it was a conehead.
numbat

Post by numbat »

The Movie Screamer head sculpt works remarkably well as Ramjet. In fact, the whole mould looks good even in robot mode.

Alas, I fear this has to be the first total disaster of a Skywarp repaint (at least in my opinion). It's difficult to mess up with such cool colours, but I think that does it. (Perhaps better photos will convince me otherwise...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

numbat wrote:The Movie Screamer head sculpt works remarkably well as Ramjet. In fact, the whole mould looks good even in robot mode.

Alas, I fear this has to be the first total disaster of a Skywarp repaint (at least in my opinion). It's difficult to mess up with such cool colours, but I think that does it. (Perhaps better photos will convince me otherwise...)
Please allow me to introduce you to Armada Skywarp, packed with two missiles, a sword with JOINTS in it and his only plus point: minicon Thunderclash. It is is the ugliest and worst seeker mold ever. No movie-ish Skywarp could ever beat that in terms of being the worst.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Please allow me to introduce you to Armada Skywarp, packed with two missiles, a sword with JOINTS in it and his only plus point: minicon Thunderclash. It is is the ugliest and worst seeker mold ever. No movie-ish Skywarp could ever beat that in terms of being the worst.
No need to introduce us, we are well acquainted.

Although I am finally selling the figure, I am quite partial to him.

Personal opinions are incredibly varied in the world of Transformers (and, I expect, with everything else!).

But, erm, yes - that jointed sword was an eyesore. The things which really got me about it were the way it split up the Decepticon insignia, and the fact it left Skywarp lop-sided, without another wing. However, all of Armada Skywarp's failings were shared with the other Armada Seekers, and, in fact, he was one-up with a far superior (and appropriate!) Mini-Con, and (again, my opinion) better head sculpt.

In this case (i.e. Movie Starscream, G1 Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Ramjet), the mould does not work with the colourscheme chosen for Skywarp, Thundercracker and G1 Starscream, but does work for Movie Starscream and (oddly, given, in my opinion, it does not work for the other G1 inspired repaints) G1 Ramjet.

Go-figure.

(I must just have bizarre taste! :swirly: )

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Ramjet and Skywarp look awesome. Would love to see them in the film, but I'm assuming the consensus is that we don't expect that?
Pictures earlier: FILM. LOOKS. SCHWEET!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

In-Package Shots of
Rollbar.
As well as our first look at
Cyberglyphs.
Link
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Go to any entertainment section on any major news network, Transformers is cited as the biggest military movie made (or so they state) in regards to branches of the military helping. Excellent :D
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

numbat wrote:No need to introduce us, we are well acquainted.

Although I am finally selling the figure, I am quite partial to him.

(I must just have bizarre taste! :swirly: )
Let me guess. Warp's going, but Thunderclash isn't, is he?

I quite agree with you on Warp. The movie mould just doesn't work for him. I think if they got rid of the grey, it'd be better.

Anyway, the raptor just doesn't really work as any of the f-15 seekers. Only reason Ramjet works for me is coz his original jet form also had wings that stretched all the way to the back of his jet mode

I gues i must as well have bizarre taste...:swirly:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

secretcode wrote:In-Package Shots of
Rollbar.
As well as our first look at
Cyberglyphs.
Link
OMFG Is this the newest trend in TF??? No gimmicks on scoutclasses??? WTF is this sh*t????
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

What the hell are you on about now?
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Nevermore wrote:What the hell are you on about now?
Where the hell I am on???? The fact that for ROTF the scoutclasses don't have any weapons/gimmicks if I look to the Scouts we currently know about you'll find that only that Motorcycle guys has got a weapon. The van and Dead End/Detour/ whatever his name is don't feature some weapons and that concerns me.